Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 11, 2014
9:56:01 PM
View profile
Need Help - U-verse email set-ups are killing us

Today, our office went through a forced U-verse change-over from our DSL.  Estimated time - hour.  Reality was over 5 hours.  Here's the scenario in the office.  We run about 40 email addresses at our own domains.  With Bellsouth, no problems.  U-verse came to town.  After the conversion, we had ZERO outgoing mail.  In-coming was fine because it was using our in-coming servers.  Over 5 hours and with our tech chatting with everyone he could connect with, we finally found the solution (via a blog online) that each and every email we have at our own domain has to then be added to our ATT/Yahoo webmail set up.  We also had port 25 unblocked.  It was late, we thought we were all set.  Tonight, I now go to add all our email addresses and it caps out at about 10.  WHAT????  This forced conversion already cost my company over 5 hours today, and now it looks like we're starting off screwed tomorrow too.

I need to find out how unlimited email addresses at our own domains can be handled.  ATT really dropped the ball on this conversion and if they simply say 10 is the limit, another provider is being called immediately.

Does anyone have any input on how this service can realistically be incorporated into an actual business atmosphere?

I am so steamed at them right now!

Today, our office went through a forced U-verse change-over from our DSL.  Estimated time - hour.  Reality was over 5 hours.  Here's the scenario in the office.  We run about 40 email addresses at our own domains.  With Bellsouth, no problems.  U-verse came to town.  After the conversion, we had ZERO outgoing mail.  In-coming was fine because it was using our in-coming servers.  Over 5 hours and with our tech chatting with everyone he could connect with, we finally found the solution (via a blog online) that each and every email we have at our own domain has to then be added to our ATT/Yahoo webmail set up.  We also had port 25 unblocked.  It was late, we thought we were all set.  Tonight, I now go to add all our email addresses and it caps out at about 10.  WHAT????  This forced conversion already cost my company over 5 hours today, and now it looks like we're starting off screwed tomorrow too.

I need to find out how unlimited email addresses at our own domains can be handled.  ATT really dropped the ball on this conversion and if they simply say 10 is the limit, another provider is being called immediately.

Does anyone have any input on how this service can realistically be incorporated into an actual business atmosphere?

I am so steamed at them right now!

Need Help - U-verse email set-ups are killing us

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 12:17:19 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, smartwork!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear you're having issues with your U-verse conversion. Please click here to send us a private message so we can review the account and explore your options.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, smartwork!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear you're having issues with your U-verse conversion. Please click here to send us a private message so we can review the account and explore your options.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Need Help - U-verse email set-ups are killing us

2 of 2 (93 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments