Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 5, 2013
5:12:51 AM
NVG589 settings to allow LG smart tv (Directv Service) to connect automatically

Just changed from DSL to U-Verse and I need to know what settings to change in my NVG589 (U-Verse) to allow my LG 42LN5700 (Directv) to connect automatically when I turn it on. I can manually do it with no problem. It worked perfectly when using DSL even when I had to change out the router.

Thank you!

Just changed from DSL to U-Verse and I need to know what settings to change in my NVG589 (U-Verse) to allow my LG 42LN5700 (Directv) to connect automatically when I turn it on. I can manually do it with no problem. It worked perfectly when using DSL even when I had to change out the router.

Thank you!

NVG589 settings to allow LG smart tv (Directv Service) to connect automatically

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 8:17:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What is it you're doing manually to make it "connect?"  What does it do when it's not "connected?"

I don't understand the issue you're having.

What is it you're doing manually to make it "connect?"  What does it do when it's not "connected?"

I don't understand the issue you're having.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: NVG589 settings to allow LG smart tv (Directv Service) to connect automatically

2 of 6 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 8:50:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

I can manually turn on tv, go to Network Connections, find my SSID, key in password and then, for example, watch Netflix. With DSL, I could do this one time and from then on, each time I turned on the tv, it accomplished this all by itself.

I can manually turn on tv, go to Network Connections, find my SSID, key in password and then, for example, watch Netflix. With DSL, I could do this one time and from then on, each time I turned on the tv, it accomplished this all by itself.

Re: NVG589 settings to allow LG smart tv (Directv Service) to connect automatically

3 of 6 (540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 8:52:10 AM
(0)
Employee

The first time he connected to his TV, he some how on the TV checked a "Remember Network" or "Connect Automatically" etc. So buddy, you're going to have to find that again.

There also may be a perferred network setting on the TV. I really wish I could call you to walk you through this, lol.

I would highly recommend you connect the TV via CAT5 (ethernet), but if that's not an option, I will look up some answers about the TV itself...

Well, I really couldn't find any information, but this isn't an AT&T issue, it is a customer-owned-equipment issue, so what I'm going to do is give you the number to call that will help you get this straightened out.

LG: 800-243-0000 (Customer Interactive Center)

This number will be able to specifically help you with the issue of your TV. If you have any other questions, please feel free to post below.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

The first time he connected to his TV, he some how on the TV checked a "Remember Network" or "Connect Automatically" etc. So buddy, you're going to have to find that again.

There also may be a perferred network setting on the TV. I really wish I could call you to walk you through this, lol.

I would highly recommend you connect the TV via CAT5 (ethernet), but if that's not an option, I will look up some answers about the TV itself...

Well, I really couldn't find any information, but this isn't an AT&T issue, it is a customer-owned-equipment issue, so what I'm going to do is give you the number to call that will help you get this straightened out.

LG: 800-243-0000 (Customer Interactive Center)

This number will be able to specifically help you with the issue of your TV. If you have any other questions, please feel free to post below.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 9:50:16 AM
(0)
Tutor
One ATT Tech told me it was an IP issue but I was not home at the time to make the changes to my modem configuration. She said to call back when I was home and any of the techs could walk me through the changes. I did this and the new ATT Tech was obviously reading a script to help me and had no clue. He said it was an LG issue. There is no checkbox for "remember this connection."
One ATT Tech told me it was an IP issue but I was not home at the time to make the changes to my modem configuration. She said to call back when I was home and any of the techs could walk me through the changes. I did this and the new ATT Tech was obviously reading a script to help me and had no clue. He said it was an LG issue. There is no checkbox for "remember this connection."

5 of 6 (525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 9:59:59 AM
(0)
Employee

Well, if it's an IP issue, a power-cycle the rg and that will fix it, but I don't see how when the TV is turned off, that would be an ip issue. The TV is forgetting the network info, therefore you have to reenter the information.

The guy not reading a script is thinking "I know what I'm doing" but on the other hand, the guy reading the script is reading the system and tell you exactly what is going on. The system knows! Know-it-all's don't! Smiley Happy

Well, if it's an IP issue, a power-cycle the rg and that will fix it, but I don't see how when the TV is turned off, that would be an ip issue. The TV is forgetting the network info, therefore you have to reenter the information.

The guy not reading a script is thinking "I know what I'm doing" but on the other hand, the guy reading the script is reading the system and tell you exactly what is going on. The system knows! Know-it-all's don't! Smiley Happy

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (523 Views)