NVG589 new install performance. Is this normal?

Mentor

NVG589 new install performance. Is this normal?

I have the new Power Tier and the NVG589 installed last week.  Not sure what my opinion is.  I had to purchase an extender for my wireless since the modem had to be relocated to a back bedroom (max I get from a test is 12mbps).  Wired computers, at times, have the full 45 mbps.  However, not a few minutes later.. it tests at 24mbps.  I honestly think I had more consistant levels with my old tier and modem.

So...  I have attached couple print screens of the stats from my modem.  If anyone wants to look at it at tell me if all ok and this is normal?  Or perhaps there is an issue?  

12-2-2013 1-19-01 PM.jpg12-2-2013 1-21-07 PM.jpg

Message 1 of 4
Community Support

Re: NVG589 new install performance. Is this normal?

Hi Mikect01,

I apologize about the inconveniences you are having with your internet speeds. I would be glad to look into it for you. The information you posted looks great. The only major issue I see is the imbalance of max attainable rate between lines 1 and 2. But even with that, it appears you are not taking any major errors. I do notice that all 4 of your ports are in use transmitting a great deal of data. When testing hard wired, be sure to disconnect all other devices besides the one to eliminate other devices causing the issue. 

Also, along with that, I will have someone on my team send you a private message to get further information from you so we can run a few line tests to see if we notice any other issues.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Voyager

I have had a new install triple play last week and I noticed that the 2 two lines on mine were off, so far no problems and wonder if there is issue with mine? I am approx. 5020ft. from the Vrad with 2pair bonding needless to say. Thanks and info below.

DSL Status

Line 1

Line 2

Line State

Up

Up

Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)

Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)

Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)

Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)

Modulation

VDSL2

VDSL2

Data Path

Interleaved

Interleaved

Downstream

Upstream

Downstream

Upstream

SN Margin (dB)

Line Attenuation (dB)

Output Power(dBm)

Errored Seconds

Loss of Signal

Loss of Frame

FEC Errors

CRC Errors

Message 3 of 4
Voyager

I was watching TV new years day and my service dropped and was out of sync for 5 minutes then cleared up and checked it later and seen were both bonded  VDSL lines now have the same rate each of 12 mbs downstream total of 24mbs. I assume a automated circuit check was done and corrected or reset it. Line max is 60 mbs being 1 mile away from the VRAD.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support