Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 12, 2013
6:24:38 AM
NVG510 Randomly Loses Authentication

Every once in a while, my internet goes down. When I look at my routers config page at http://192.168.1.254, And go to "Diagnostics", I notice that the "Authentication" is the item that is failing. If I reboot the router, it will start working again after about 10 minutes. 

Any fix for this issue, besides just rebooting the router?

Every once in a while, my internet goes down. When I look at my routers config page at http://192.168.1.254, And go to "Diagnostics", I notice that the "Authentication" is the item that is failing. If I reboot the router, it will start working again after about 10 minutes. 

Any fix for this issue, besides just rebooting the router?

NVG510 Randomly Loses Authentication

5 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2013 9:58:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

Have you called tech support yet? If so what was there response?

Have you called tech support yet? If so what was there response?

Re: NVG510 Randomly Loses Authentication

2 of 6 (452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2013 10:40:04 AM
(0)
Tutor
I have. A couple of times. Their response is "Let me run some tests on your line... {minutes pass} Everything looks good."
I have. A couple of times. Their response is "Let me run some tests on your line... {minutes pass} Everything looks good."

3 of 6 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 11:53:55 PM
(0)
Employee

bartlewis wrote:

When you notice issues, what lights are on and what colors are they?  I suspect the service light is red with a green broadband which could be a modem or port issue.  Usually though its the modem.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

bartlewis wrote:

When you notice issues, what lights are on and what colors are they?  I suspect the service light is red with a green broadband which could be a modem or port issue.  Usually though its the modem.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 6:13:45 AM
(0)
Tutor
I will check on the lights next time it happens, and report back. If the light is red, does that mean the modem is bad?
I will check on the lights next time it happens, and report back. If the light is red, does that mean the modem is bad?

5 of 6 (394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 9:03:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

There are tons of google hits if you search for the NVG510 and reboot or hang or crash.  It would look like ATT could get a firmware fix for the things.

There are tons of google hits if you search for the NVG510 and reboot or hang or crash.  It would look like ATT could get a firmware fix for the things.

6 of 6 (300 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments