NVG510 Dropping Connection Several Times Daily

Contributor

NVG510 Dropping Connection Several Times Daily

Hello all,

I had my U-verse installed on December 13th and have not had any problems until three days ago (January 6th). Since then it is constantly dropping connection, on and off approximately five to ten minutes.

Both the broadband light and the service light will be on, then the service light will drop and the broadband light will start blinking. Sometimes the service light will come back on solid red. Then a few minutes (some times longer), it will automatically fix itself without resetting.

I've tried resetting the router when it's doing it, and it seems to have no effect; it will only come back up when it is ready to.

Message 1 of 2 (363 Views)
Community Support

Re: NVG510 Dropping Connection Several Times Daily

Hi oibucrem,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your U-verse service, but I will be glad to help. With the broadband light going red, it means you are losing connection. On your end, you just want to make sure the connection coming from your router to the wall jack is a direct connection and that it is secure.

Also, I will have our team send you a private message, so we can look into this for you further.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (267 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.