NOT AN XBOX ISSUE - how do I open the NAT on Pace 3801HGV ?

Contributor

NOT AN XBOX ISSUE - how do I open the NAT on Pace 3801HGV ?

My NAT has always been OPEN until a couple of days ago, when it changed to STRICT by itself. I'm not having any XBox issue here, just trying to open my NAT on my PC.

Message 1 of 6 (808 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: NOT AN XBOX ISSUE - how do I open the NAT on Pace 3801HGV ?

[ Edited ]

Follow these directions to open ports 3074 TCP and UDP, and port 88 UDP to your XBox:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/XBox-Live-problem-2wire-NAT-is-not-open/m-p/3449081#M9...

These directions are for the 2Wire routers. If you have a Motorola 2210, NVG510, or NVG589, the instructions will be different, but you're still attempting to accomplish the same thing -- open ports 3074 TCP and UDP and port 88 UDP to the XBox.

Message 2 of 6 (779 Views)
Contributor

As I clearly stated in the post title, this is not an xBox issue.

Now I don't know if you are suggesting that the ports are the same even if I need to open the NAT for any PC connected to the router and not, I repeat NOT AN XBOX.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6 (769 Views)
Expert

The only times I have heard of the phrases "open NAT", "strict NAT", etc. are when discussing XBox Live. If you have a PC application that is using these terms, then we obviously need to know what PC application it is. Any solution will be specific to that.
Message 4 of 6 (767 Views)
Contributor

Call of duty - Modern warfare II

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6 (766 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

According to this (and a few other pages I found, this was the first), you need:

• UDP 1500 (outbound only, no forward needed)
  • UDP 3005 (outbound only, no forward needed)
  • UDP 3101 (outbound only, no forward needed)
  • UDP 28960 (inbound/outbound, must forward to act as a multi-player host, but no forward or inbound traffic needed to find and join games)

I found another site that additionally lists TCP: 27015 as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6 (760 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support