Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 22, 2013
10:52:32 PM
NHL Network

Come on ATT add the best network around the NHL Network. Us San Jose Sharks fans would like the channel added or at least be available in our area.

Come on ATT add the best network around the NHL Network. Us San Jose Sharks fans would like the channel added or at least be available in our area.

NHL Network

8 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 6:44:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
Sorry Charlie. Outta luck Chuck.
Sorry Charlie. Outta luck Chuck.

Re: NHL Network

2 of 9 (1,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 12:19:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

The majority of NHL games are carried by your RSN or NBCSN.  To find out which local teams are available put your zip code here and it will tell you which professional sports teams are available.  For out of market games, you can get a ROKU and hook it up to your TV and order NHL Game Center

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

The majority of NHL games are carried by your RSN or NBCSN.  To find out which local teams are available put your zip code here and it will tell you which professional sports teams are available.  For out of market games, you can get a ROKU and hook it up to your TV and order NHL Game Center

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (1,555 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 2:04:45 PM
(0)
Mentor

Another vote to bring it back. Games carried by NHL Network are blacked out on NHL Game Center as well so the need for the channel is there even with our local RSN's and NBCSN proving games already. I hope to see it back one day, 35 cents per sub isn't nearly as bad as some other channels.

Another vote to bring it back. Games carried by NHL Network are blacked out on NHL Game Center as well so the need for the channel is there even with our local RSN's and NBCSN proving games already. I hope to see it back one day, 35 cents per sub isn't nearly as bad as some other channels.

4 of 9 (1,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 4:11:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

The problem is uverse wants to carry it on the u450 tier, the nhl network wants it carried on a lower tier such as u300 like nba tv and the mlb network are. Sometimes these standoffs can take years to settle, nfl network was not carried by time warner for years until they reached an agreement.

The problem is uverse wants to carry it on the u450 tier, the nhl network wants it carried on a lower tier such as u300 like nba tv and the mlb network are. Sometimes these standoffs can take years to settle, nfl network was not carried by time warner for years until they reached an agreement.

5 of 9 (1,514 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 2:01:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

You must be kidding by saying the 'majority' of NHL games are carried by one's RSN or NBCSN.
I get 82 Stars games and about 50 or so NBCSN or NBC games.
My beloved Bruins? Maybe 8-10 games total.
There are 1,230 NHL games in a season. Do tha math. 

You must be kidding by saying the 'majority' of NHL games are carried by one's RSN or NBCSN.

6 of 9 (592 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 5:12:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by americangame on Jan 27, 2014 at 8:15:47 PM

ckelly1313 wrote:

Looking over the Bruins' remaining schedule I only see 4 more games out of their remaining 32 that are airing on the NHL network and all 4 of those are on NESN if that is your local RSN.

Not only that but I count 7 total games on NBC or NBCSN, so you actually will see the Bruins on NBCSN more than you will/would on the NHL network.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/team/Boston-Bruins/schedule/66300?q=Boston-Bruins

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

ckelly1313 wrote:

Looking over the Bruins' remaining schedule I only see 4 more games out of their remaining 32 that are airing on the NHL network and all 4 of those are on NESN if that is your local RSN.

Not only that but I count 7 total games on NBC or NBCSN, so you actually will see the Bruins on NBCSN more than you will/would on the NHL network.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/team/Boston-Bruins/schedule/66300?q=Boston-Bruins

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 12:33:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ckelly1313 wrote:

Since you live in the Stars area then that is what you are going to have for your RSN (Fox Sports SouthWest). If you want out of area games you will need to subscribe to NHL Center Ice through something like ROKU.  Even if UVerse had the NHL Network, you would still need Center Ice to see games other than the Stars.

ckelly1313 wrote:

Since you live in the Stars area then that is what you are going to have for your RSN (Fox Sports SouthWest). If you want out of area games you will need to subscribe to NHL Center Ice through something like ROKU.  Even if UVerse had the NHL Network, you would still need Center Ice to see games other than the Stars.

8 of 9 (513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 6:30:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:32:13 PM

ckelly1313 wrote:

Those 1,230 games are not broadcast on the NHL Network.

By the way, there are 90 games on NBCSN and 13 games on your local NBC affiliate.

http://www.nbcsports.com/hockey/nhl/nbc-sports-groups-2013-14-nhl-tv-schedule

ckelly1313 wrote:

Those 1,230 games are not broadcast on the NHL Network.

By the way, there are 90 games on NBCSN and 13 games on your local NBC affiliate.

http://www.nbcsports.com/hockey/nhl/nbc-sports-groups-2013-14-nhl-tv-schedule

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (480 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments