NHL Center Ice

Contributor

NHL Center Ice

Please ATT Uverse add NHL Center Ice this season... I know there are a lot of hockey fans that would love to purchase an NHL Hockey package... Please!!!

Message 1 of 37
Scholar

Re: NHL Center Ice

I've been waiting 3 years so I wouldnt hold my breath if I was you.

Message 2 of 37
Professor

In the meantime, I've heard great things about Roku and Boxee devices.
Message 3 of 37
Scholar

Actually its not as great as you think. I see many sites where people have problems with one thing or another. I even had to return 2 Roku boxes beause the baseball games are fuzzy and at times unwatchable. Also the games will stop and go back to the menu screen at a moments notice. It may work better with a wired connection so make sure the gateway is right near the TV and its the only one that you watch games on.

I get better reception and picture quality on my PS3. Its wired and the picture is better, but not HD quality in my eyes. Plus its only on one TV and I'd like to watch sometimes on my other sets but of course those would be wireless and not as good a picture. At least thats been my experience.

I'd love to hear from other peoples using these devices and the pros/cons they have had in using them.

Message 4 of 37
Contributor

NHL center Ice

Will Uverse ever offer NHL center ice???

Message 5 of 37
ACE - Professor

Re: NHL center Ice

jkarbel wrote:

Will Uverse ever offer NHL center ice???

No one can answer your question on this forum. That answer can only be given by the people who run AT&T U-Verse programming and the National Hockey League. This answer is the same for MLB Extra Innings and the NBA League Pass. Hopefully one day we will receive these three services.

Put your request on the U-Verse channel request web site.

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 37
Mentor

I know this isn't what you want but the Fox Sports regional channels do play the replays not blacked out, at least they did last year anyways. Of course your limited to only teams on those channels only so by my count they would be, Florida, Tampa, Nashville (possibly), Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, Phoenix, Dallas, St Louis, Columbus, Colorado, Pittsburgh (possibly). I'm a relocated Kings fan so last year I would do my best to ignore the live game results and just record the replay when it was offered and watch it the next day.

Message 7 of 37
Scholar

Since uverse does not carry center ice, your only option at this time is NHL gamecenter. Last year the price was $169 for the season . you can watch it on your computer, ps3, boxee, or roku. What i like about game center is they have a cool feature in the archived game feature which are about 20 min condensed games , which shows all the goals and action , you can also watch the full game from start to finish if you want to. Nhl gamecenter does have blackouts, you will not be able to watch your local team live,(you can watch them later as an archived game)any game televised on  NBC, nhl network, or versus will be blacked out. Finally your local area could include more than one nhl team, I live in ne ohio and the area is considered local to the pittsburgh penguins and columbus bluejackets which means their games will be blacked out on nhl gamecenter., to watch the pittsburgh penquin games I would have to have the hd sports package which includes the pittsburgh regional sports network while the columbus bluejackets are on a  channel which is available on the u200 tier.

Message 8 of 37
Scholar

bill4002 wrote:

Since uverse does not carry center ice, your only option at this time is NHL gamecenter. Last year the price was $169 for the season . you can watch it on your computer, ps3, boxee, or roku. What i like about game center is they have a cool feature in the archived game feature which are about 20 min condensed games , which shows all the goals and action , you can also watch the full game from start to finish if you want to. Nhl gamecenter does have blackouts, you will not be able to watch your local team live,(you can watch them later as an archived game)any game televised on  NBC, nhl network, or versus will be blacked out. Finally your local area could include more than one nhl team, I live in ne ohio and the area is considered local to the pittsburgh penguins and columbus bluejackets which means their games will be blacked out on nhl gamecenter., to watch the pittsburgh penquin games I would have to have the hd sports package which includes the pittsburgh regional sports network while the columbus bluejackets are on a  channel which is available on the u200 tier.

Hopefully the picture quality is better this year than last year. Its the only way we are getting hockey this year.

Message 9 of 37
Scholar

3 weeks til the start of the season. Looks like yet another year without Center Ice hockey fans. Shocking!

Message 10 of 37
Professor

Npanzeca wrote:

3 weeks til the start of the season. Looks like yet another year without Center Ice hockey fans. Shocking!

Three weeks to the start of the Barclay's Premier League season and there was no sign of Fox Soccer HD, was there?

Message 11 of 37
Scholar

I'm going to say those are totally different situations. Unless I'm wrong you just add the soccer channel while Center Ice requires time for people to sign up to pay for the service. Hence the statement about 3 weeks til the season and no announcement.

Message 12 of 37
Mentor

Also, AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on our U-verse TV service periodically expire, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. The current contract(s) for the programming indicated below will expire soon, and AT&T is making every effort to reach a fair agreement to continue carriage. However, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with such programmer(s), we will no longer have the rights to carry their programming on U-verse TV.

While the programming listed below will continue to be available to U-verse members through the date listed, there is a possibility that as of midnight on that date, we will no longer have the rights to carry the programming if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer.

September 30, 2011:

The impacted channels are NHL Network (channels 638 and 1638 in HD), HRTV (channel 672), Estrella (channel 3024), TVG Network (channel 670) and Halogen HD (channel 1492).

has any one noticed this yet 11 days and nhl network might be gone?!??!?!!?

Message 13 of 37
Scholar

heyyofan wrote:

Also, AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on our U-verse TV service periodically expire, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. The current contract(s) for the programming indicated below will expire soon, and AT&T is making every effort to reach a fair agreement to continue carriage. However, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with such programmer(s), we will no longer have the rights to carry their programming on U-verse TV.

While the programming listed below will continue to be available to U-verse members through the date listed, there is a possibility that as of midnight on that date, we will no longer have the rights to carry the programming if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer.

September 30, 2011:

The impacted channels are NHL Network (channels 638 and 1638 in HD), HRTV (channel 672), Estrella (channel 3024), TVG Network (channel 670) and Halogen HD (channel 1492).

has any one noticed this yet 11 days and nhl network might be gone?!??!?!!?

Good catch, I missed that one. Not a great sign

Message 14 of 37
Teacher

Im still waiting to see what becomes of this. Anyone know how much they were charging for this package?

Message 15 of 37
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support