NHL Center Ice

Contributor

NHL Center Ice

Please ATT Uverse add NHL Center Ice this season... I know there are a lot of hockey fans that would love to purchase an NHL Hockey package... Please!!!

6,209 Views
Message 1 of 37
Mentor

Re: NHL Center Ice

Folks, they're never, ever going to offer Center Ice. At least not until they add about another 10-15 million subscribers to Uverse. It's just not worth it to them as things stand now, plus they don't care. If they did, they would've brought NHL Network back on board by now. And I don't believe for one second, that it was all the NHL's fault. All you hear is that the NHL lowballed AT&T in their offer. Maybe it was the other way around. After all, AT&T wanted an agreement that would not cost them more than neccessary. But maybe they wanted too much from the NHL. Maybe not. My guess, it was something from both sides that neither side liked. But AT&T is doing their customers a diservice by not wearing out shoe leather getting to the bargaining table to get it done. And the same goes for the NHL.

Message 31 of 37
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: NHL Center Ice


PoppieSr wrote:

Folks, they're never, ever going to offer Center Ice. At least not until they add about another 10-15 million subscribers to Uverse. It's just not worth it to them as things stand now, plus they don't care. If they did, they would've brought NHL Network back on board by now. And I don't believe for one second, that it was all the NHL's fault. All you hear is that the NHL lowballed AT&T in their offer. Maybe it was the other way around. After all, AT&T wanted an agreement that would not cost them more than neccessary. But maybe they wanted too much from the NHL. Maybe not. My guess, it was something from both sides that neither side liked. But AT&T is doing their customers a diservice by not wearing out shoe leather getting to the bargaining table to get it done. And the same goes for the NHL.


You have the right to post on this forum, but you have not been a U-Verse subscriber since before October 22, 2010.

 

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Sports-Package/m-p/2527741/highlight/true#M58194

 

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 37
Mentor

Re: NHL Center Ice

So?

Message 33 of 37
Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice

Uverse doesn’t carry the center ice package or the NHL Network. I paid for the online service, but still do not have access to the NHL network. I'm a Montreal fan living in FL and every time a game is carried on the NHL networked im blacked out. This is a an annoyance during the regular season, but a huge problem in the playoffs. The biggest disappointment is the ATT guide says i get the game on the local channel, then blacks it out at puck drop. Again, I’m in Florida and a Florida team is on a local channel that i have and its blacked out telling me to watch a channel that my carrier doesn’t provide.

I signed up for Uverse last year to have phone, cable, and internet all in the same place. This was supposed to be convenient. I spent over an hour on the phone with ATT. I kept getting the same speech, games are blacked out when they are televised nationally and blackouts are based on location. I understand the problem, fix it. This is not an issue your customer should have to deal with. Negotiate your contract the same way every other provider has.

 

By this weekend I will no longer be an AT&T customer. Absolutely ridiculous. On a side note, your customer service folks and the tech folks are completely incapable of understanding the issue at hand. Update their cue cards.

Message 34 of 37
ACE - Professor

Re: NHL Center Ice


CMAC2818 wrote:

Uverse doesn’t carry the center ice package or the NHL Network. I paid for the online service, but still do not have access to the NHL network. I'm a Montreal fan living in FL and every time a game is carried on the NHL networked im blacked out. This is a an annoyance during the regular season, but a huge problem in the playoffs. The biggest disappointment is the ATT guide says i get the game on the local channel, then blacks it out at puck drop. Again, I’m in Florida and a Florida team is on a local channel that i have and its blacked out telling me to watch a channel that my carrier doesn’t provide.

I signed up for Uverse last year to have phone, cable, and internet all in the same place. This was supposed to be convenient. I spent over an hour on the phone with ATT. I kept getting the same speech, games are blacked out when they are televised nationally and blackouts are based on location. I understand the problem, fix it. This is not an issue your customer should have to deal with. Negotiate your contract the same way every other provider has.

 

By this weekend I will no longer be an AT&T customer. Absolutely ridiculous. On a side note, your customer service folks and the tech folks are completely incapable of understanding the issue at hand. Update their cue cards.


Thank you for letting us know in your first post that you are leaving U-Verse. If we had known in advance, we could have baked a cake.

 

First of all, the NHL Network has been gone from U-Verse since October 1, 2011. U-Verse has never had NHL Center Ice. You have only yourself to blame for not checking the channel lineup before you signed up for U-Verse last year.

 

Second, the fact that games are blacked out on regional sports networks that are not in your area is not the fault of U-Verse. That is standard for all cable and satellite providers due to NHL rules as well as NBA and MLB rules. I repeat, U-Verse has nothing to do with determining blackouts. It is at the disgression of the leagues.

 

U-Verese negotiated it's contracts with the regional sports networks just like every other provider has done. As I said, all providers must go by the blackout rules of the major league sports.

 

I hope that you are not a one and done one post wonder, and reply to my post.

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 35 of 37
ACE - Professor

Re: NHL Center Ice


dwinth wrote:

CMAC2818 wrote:

Uverse doesn’t carry the center ice package or the NHL Network. I paid for the online service, but still do not have access to the NHL network. I'm a Montreal fan living in FL and every time a game is carried on the NHL networked im blacked out. This is a an annoyance during the regular season, but a huge problem in the playoffs. The biggest disappointment is the ATT guide says i get the game on the local channel, then blacks it out at puck drop. Again, I’m in Florida and a Florida team is on a local channel that i have and its blacked out telling me to watch a channel that my carrier doesn’t provide.

I signed up for Uverse last year to have phone, cable, and internet all in the same place. This was supposed to be convenient. I spent over an hour on the phone with ATT. I kept getting the same speech, games are blacked out when they are televised nationally and blackouts are based on location. I understand the problem, fix it. This is not an issue your customer should have to deal with. Negotiate your contract the same way every other provider has.

 

By this weekend I will no longer be an AT&T customer. Absolutely ridiculous. On a side note, your customer service folks and the tech folks are completely incapable of understanding the issue at hand. Update their cue cards.


Thank you for letting us know in your first post that you are leaving U-Verse. If we had known in advance, we could have baked a cake.

 

First of all, the NHL Network has been gone from U-Verse since October 1, 2011. You have only yourself to blame for not checking the channel lineup before you signed up for U-Verse last year.

 

Second, the fact that games are blacked out on regional sports networks that are not in your area is not the fault of U-Verse. That is standard for all cable and satellite providers due to NHL rules as well as NBA and MLB rules. I repeat, U-Verse has nothing to do with determining blackouts. It is at the disgression of the leagues.

 

U-Verese negotiated it's contracts with the regional sports networks just like every other provider has done. As I said, all providers must go by the blackout rules of the major league sports.

 

I hope that you are not a one and done one post wonder, and reply to my post.

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.


 

Excellent response. In addition, I'm well within the Columbus territory for FS Ohio. I get Columbus playoff games on FS Ohio. They're also available on NBCSN. On my TV, NBCSN is blacked out.

 

Does NHL Network have exclusive rights? Why would the Florida channel say they have the game, but not have it.

 

Something smells fishy.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 36 of 37
ACE - Professor

Re: NHL Center Ice


baseballisback wrote:

dwinth wrote:

CMAC2818 wrote:

Uverse doesn’t carry the center ice package or the NHL Network. I paid for the online service, but still do not have access to the NHL network. I'm a Montreal fan living in FL and every time a game is carried on the NHL networked im blacked out. This is a an annoyance during the regular season, but a huge problem in the playoffs. The biggest disappointment is the ATT guide says i get the game on the local channel, then blacks it out at puck drop. Again, I’m in Florida and a Florida team is on a local channel that i have and its blacked out telling me to watch a channel that my carrier doesn’t provide.

I signed up for Uverse last year to have phone, cable, and internet all in the same place. This was supposed to be convenient. I spent over an hour on the phone with ATT. I kept getting the same speech, games are blacked out when they are televised nationally and blackouts are based on location. I understand the problem, fix it. This is not an issue your customer should have to deal with. Negotiate your contract the same way every other provider has.

 

By this weekend I will no longer be an AT&T customer. Absolutely ridiculous. On a side note, your customer service folks and the tech folks are completely incapable of understanding the issue at hand. Update their cue cards.


Thank you for letting us know in your first post that you are leaving U-Verse. If we had known in advance, we could have baked a cake.

 

First of all, the NHL Network has been gone from U-Verse since October 1, 2011. You have only yourself to blame for not checking the channel lineup before you signed up for U-Verse last year.

 

Second, the fact that games are blacked out on regional sports networks that are not in your area is not the fault of U-Verse. That is standard for all cable and satellite providers due to NHL rules as well as NBA and MLB rules. I repeat, U-Verse has nothing to do with determining blackouts. It is at the disgression of the leagues.

 

U-Verese negotiated it's contracts with the regional sports networks just like every other provider has done. As I said, all providers must go by the blackout rules of the major league sports.

 

I hope that you are not a one and done one post wonder, and reply to my post.

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.


 

Excellent response. In addition, I'm well within the Columbus territory for FS Ohio. I get Columbus playoff games on FS Ohio. They're also available on NBCSN. On my TV, NBCSN is blacked out.

 

Does NHL Network have exclusive rights? Why would the Florida channel say they have the game, but not have it.

 

Something smells fishy.


Here is a National Hockey League blackout map for the  RSN's .

 

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3310263/NHL_TV_Markets.jpg

 

Florida is divided in half with the northern half for the Tampa Bay Lightening being covered by Fox Sun Sports while in the southern half the Florida Panthers are covered by Fox Sports Florida.

 

Perhaps the situation is this. When his Montreal Canadians are playing one of the Florida NHL teams, the game is on the RSN not in his region. Therefore, he cannot watch the Canadians play that game. He can only see the Canadians when they play the Florida team in his RSN region.

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 37 of 37
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support