Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 14, 2011
7:19:05 AM
View profile
NHL Center Ice

Please ATT Uverse add NHL Center Ice this season... I know there are a lot of hockey fans that would love to purchase an NHL Hockey package... Please!!!

Please ATT Uverse add NHL Center Ice this season... I know there are a lot of hockey fans that would love to purchase an NHL Hockey package... Please!!!

NHL Center Ice

36 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(36)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 4:51:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

I've been waiting 3 years so I wouldnt hold my breath if I was you.

I've been waiting 3 years so I wouldnt hold my breath if I was you.

Re: NHL Center Ice

2 of 37 (5,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 5:11:09 AM
(0)
Professor
In the meantime, I've heard great things about Roku and Boxee devices.
In the meantime, I've heard great things about Roku and Boxee devices.

3 of 37 (5,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 8:26:36 AM
(0)
Scholar

Actually its not as great as you think. I see many sites where people have problems with one thing or another. I even had to return 2 Roku boxes beause the baseball games are fuzzy and at times unwatchable. Also the games will stop and go back to the menu screen at a moments notice. It may work better with a wired connection so make sure the gateway is right near the TV and its the only one that you watch games on.

I get better reception and picture quality on my PS3. Its wired and the picture is better, but not HD quality in my eyes. Plus its only on one TV and I'd like to watch sometimes on my other sets but of course those would be wireless and not as good a picture. At least thats been my experience.

I'd love to hear from other peoples using these devices and the pros/cons they have had in using them.

Actually its not as great as you think. I see many sites where people have problems with one thing or another. I even had to return 2 Roku boxes beause the baseball games are fuzzy and at times unwatchable. Also the games will stop and go back to the menu screen at a moments notice. It may work better with a wired connection so make sure the gateway is right near the TV and its the only one that you watch games on.

I get better reception and picture quality on my PS3. Its wired and the picture is better, but not HD quality in my eyes. Plus its only on one TV and I'd like to watch sometimes on my other sets but of course those would be wireless and not as good a picture. At least thats been my experience.

I'd love to hear from other peoples using these devices and the pros/cons they have had in using them.

4 of 37 (5,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 4:01:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

Will Uverse ever offer NHL center ice???

NHL center Ice

5 of 37 (5,357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 6:04:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

jkarbel wrote:

No one can answer your question on this forum. That answer can only be given by the people who run AT&T U-Verse programming and the National Hockey League. This answer is the same for MLB Extra Innings and the NBA League Pass. Hopefully one day we will receive these three services.

Put your request on the U-Verse channel request web site.

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

jkarbel wrote:

No one can answer your question on this forum. That answer can only be given by the people who run AT&T U-Verse programming and the National Hockey League. This answer is the same for MLB Extra Innings and the NBA League Pass. Hopefully one day we will receive these three services.

Put your request on the U-Verse channel request web site.

http://uversechannels.att.com/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: NHL center Ice

6 of 37 (5,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 9:00:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

I know this isn't what you want but the Fox Sports regional channels do play the replays not blacked out, at least they did last year anyways. Of course your limited to only teams on those channels only so by my count they would be, Florida, Tampa, Nashville (possibly), Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, Phoenix, Dallas, St Louis, Columbus, Colorado, Pittsburgh (possibly). I'm a relocated Kings fan so last year I would do my best to ignore the live game results and just record the replay when it was offered and watch it the next day.

I know this isn't what you want but the Fox Sports regional channels do play the replays not blacked out, at least they did last year anyways. Of course your limited to only teams on those channels only so by my count they would be, Florida, Tampa, Nashville (possibly), Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, Phoenix, Dallas, St Louis, Columbus, Colorado, Pittsburgh (possibly). I'm a relocated Kings fan so last year I would do my best to ignore the live game results and just record the replay when it was offered and watch it the next day.

7 of 37 (5,320 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 5:59:24 AM
(0)
Mentor

Since uverse does not carry center ice, your only option at this time is NHL gamecenter. Last year the price was $169 for the season . you can watch it on your computer, ps3, boxee, or roku. What i like about game center is they have a cool feature in the archived game feature which are about 20 min condensed games , which shows all the goals and action , you can also watch the full game from start to finish if you want to. Nhl gamecenter does have blackouts, you will not be able to watch your local team live,(you can watch them later as an archived game)any game televised on  NBC, nhl network, or versus will be blacked out. Finally your local area could include more than one nhl team, I live in ne ohio and the area is considered local to the pittsburgh penguins and columbus bluejackets which means their games will be blacked out on nhl gamecenter., to watch the pittsburgh penquin games I would have to have the hd sports package which includes the pittsburgh regional sports network while the columbus bluejackets are on a  channel which is available on the u200 tier.

Since uverse does not carry center ice, your only option at this time is NHL gamecenter. Last year the price was $169 for the season . you can watch it on your computer, ps3, boxee, or roku. What i like about game center is they have a cool feature in the archived game feature which are about 20 min condensed games , which shows all the goals and action , you can also watch the full game from start to finish if you want to. Nhl gamecenter does have blackouts, you will not be able to watch your local team live,(you can watch them later as an archived game)any game televised on  NBC, nhl network, or versus will be blacked out. Finally your local area could include more than one nhl team, I live in ne ohio and the area is considered local to the pittsburgh penguins and columbus bluejackets which means their games will be blacked out on nhl gamecenter., to watch the pittsburgh penquin games I would have to have the hd sports package which includes the pittsburgh regional sports network while the columbus bluejackets are on a  channel which is available on the u200 tier.

8 of 37 (5,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 6:35:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

bill4002 wrote:

Hopefully the picture quality is better this year than last year. Its the only way we are getting hockey this year.

bill4002 wrote:

Hopefully the picture quality is better this year than last year. Its the only way we are getting hockey this year.

9 of 37 (5,303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 4:55:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

3 weeks til the start of the season. Looks like yet another year without Center Ice hockey fans. Shocking!

3 weeks til the start of the season. Looks like yet another year without Center Ice hockey fans. Shocking!

10 of 37 (5,248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2011 10:31:57 PM
(0)
Professor

Npanzeca wrote:

Three weeks to the start of the Barclay's Premier League season and there was no sign of Fox Soccer HD, was there?

Npanzeca wrote:

Three weeks to the start of the Barclay's Premier League season and there was no sign of Fox Soccer HD, was there?

11 of 37 (5,062 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 1:54:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

I'm going to say those are totally different situations. Unless I'm wrong you just add the soccer channel while Center Ice requires time for people to sign up to pay for the service. Hence the statement about 3 weeks til the season and no announcement.

I'm going to say those are totally different situations. Unless I'm wrong you just add the soccer channel while Center Ice requires time for people to sign up to pay for the service. Hence the statement about 3 weeks til the season and no announcement.

12 of 37 (5,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 3:15:46 PM
(0)
Mentor

Also, AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on our U-verse TV service periodically expire, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. The current contract(s) for the programming indicated below will expire soon, and AT&T is making every effort to reach a fair agreement to continue carriage. However, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with such programmer(s), we will no longer have the rights to carry their programming on U-verse TV.

While the programming listed below will continue to be available to U-verse members through the date listed, there is a possibility that as of midnight on that date, we will no longer have the rights to carry the programming if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer.

September 30, 2011:

The impacted channels are NHL Network (channels 638 and 1638 in HD), HRTV (channel 672), Estrella (channel 3024), TVG Network (channel 670) and Halogen HD (channel 1492).

has any one noticed this yet 11 days and nhl network might be gone?!??!?!!?

Also, AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on our U-verse TV service periodically expire, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. The current contract(s) for the programming indicated below will expire soon, and AT&T is making every effort to reach a fair agreement to continue carriage. However, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with such programmer(s), we will no longer have the rights to carry their programming on U-verse TV.

While the programming listed below will continue to be available to U-verse members through the date listed, there is a possibility that as of midnight on that date, we will no longer have the rights to carry the programming if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer.

September 30, 2011:

The impacted channels are NHL Network (channels 638 and 1638 in HD), HRTV (channel 672), Estrella (channel 3024), TVG Network (channel 670) and Halogen HD (channel 1492).

13 of 37 (5,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 4:59:51 AM
(0)
Scholar

heyyofan wrote:

September 30, 2011:

Good catch, I missed that one. Not a great sign

heyyofan wrote:

September 30, 2011:

Good catch, I missed that one. Not a great sign

14 of 37 (5,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 9:34:28 AM
(0)
Teacher

Im still waiting to see what becomes of this. Anyone know how much they were charging for this package?

Im still waiting to see what becomes of this. Anyone know how much they were charging for this package?

15 of 37 (4,960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 2:52:38 PM
(0)
Guru

Remember, as well, that it's not necessarily limited to what the NHL says. The OOM sports packages are distributed by inDemand, which is ... a consortium of sorts run by Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, et al -- all the competitors which AT&T is going up against in their (previously monopolistic, most likely) stomping grounds. We had this sort of problem back when Ameritech came to most Detroit suburbs with their Americast cable alternative, competing directly with Comcast (mostly), in their previous monopoly areas. Comcast went to Viacom and other programmers and signed exclusive deals, because they were forced to basically upgrade via competition, and Ameritech was "locked out" so as to look somehow inferior in what they were offering.

AT&T is stealing their customers, so any monkey wrench the MSOs can throw into the mix is possible, and could be attempted. After all, who'd the NHL prefer for a customer base? AT&T with 3M subscribers total, or an MSO like Comcast with (allegedly) 23M?

Remember, as well, that it's not necessarily limited to what the NHL says. The OOM sports packages are distributed by inDemand, which is ... a consortium of sorts run by Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, et al -- all the competitors which AT&T is going up against in their (previously monopolistic, most likely) stomping grounds. We had this sort of problem back when Ameritech came to most Detroit suburbs with their Americast cable alternative, competing directly with Comcast (mostly), in their previous monopoly areas. Comcast went to Viacom and other programmers and signed exclusive deals, because they were forced to basically upgrade via competition, and Ameritech was "locked out" so as to look somehow inferior in what they were offering.

AT&T is stealing their customers, so any monkey wrench the MSOs can throw into the mix is possible, and could be attempted. After all, who'd the NHL prefer for a customer base? AT&T with 3M subscribers total, or an MSO like Comcast with (allegedly) 23M?

16 of 37 (4,931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 6:56:05 PM
(0)
Mentor

Since it does not look like uverse will be offering center ice this year, Nhl gamecenter is your only choice to watch out of market hockey games. The price is $169 for the year but if you order by 10-30 they will knock 10 bucks off the price bringing it to 159. Nhl gamecenter is also supported by ps3, boxee, roku etc. the web site is https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/gclsignup

Since it does not look like uverse will be offering center ice this year, Nhl gamecenter is your only choice to watch out of market hockey games. The price is $169 for the year but if you order by 10-30 they will knock 10 bucks off the price bringing it to 159. Nhl gamecenter is also supported by ps3, boxee, roku etc. the web site is https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/gclsignup

17 of 37 (4,923 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2011 12:14:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

I phoned ATT Customer Support and their business center and they informed that they would NOT be carrying the NHL Center Ice package this year, and it was not on their radar for the future. This at least gives me confirmation and I will not be wasting my time phoning them any more. I'm extremely disappointed because for the most part, I like the ATT Uverse pacakage: Center Ice would have been the final piece of the pie but it seems this will never happen. I'm thinking of switching to DirectTV through ATT so I can get the package, but I hate the idea of a dish on my roof and potential drops in service. I loathe ComCast and have no desire to go back to them.....they provided me the crappiest service which is why I switched to ATT in the first place. I guess the only solution is GameCenter and watching the games through the internet. Not the preferred solution. I find it amazing that ATT (based in Texas) can find it in their business plan to have subscriptions to umpteen Spanish-language stations which is focussed on a small minority of the population, but they can't think about the transient folk from cold-weather climates who want to watch their hockey......interesting.

I phoned ATT Customer Support and their business center and they informed that they would NOT be carrying the NHL Center Ice package this year, and it was not on their radar for the future. This at least gives me confirmation and I will not be wasting my time phoning them any more. I'm extremely disappointed because for the most part, I like the ATT Uverse pacakage: Center Ice would have been the final piece of the pie but it seems this will never happen. I'm thinking of switching to DirectTV through ATT so I can get the package, but I hate the idea of a dish on my roof and potential drops in service. I loathe ComCast and have no desire to go back to them.....they provided me the crappiest service which is why I switched to ATT in the first place. I guess the only solution is GameCenter and watching the games through the internet. Not the preferred solution. I find it amazing that ATT (based in Texas) can find it in their business plan to have subscriptions to umpteen Spanish-language stations which is focussed on a small minority of the population, but they can't think about the transient folk from cold-weather climates who want to watch their hockey......interesting.

18 of 37 (4,875 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 2:50:13 PM
(0)
Mentor

So At&T nothing on google about the contract dispute between At&T and NHL NETWORK

??

so AT&T .. ARE YOU GOING TO FILL US IN OR WHAT???????

So At&T nothing on google about the contract dispute between At&T and NHL NETWORK

??

19 of 37 (4,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 2:53:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

heyyofan wrote:

??

Who said there was a contract dispute?  The current carriage agreement is expiring and will need to be renewed just as it was last year.

heyyofan wrote:

??

Who said there was a contract dispute?  The current carriage agreement is expiring and will need to be renewed just as it was last year.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

20 of 37 (4,842 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 3:14:53 PM
(0)
Professor

thomasdd wrote:

Hmmm... we have a "one-post wonder" who posted that AT&T said they wouldn't be adding the NHL package. Usually, don't AT&T reps try to add people to the "sports pack" or the "HD Premium Tier" under the belief that those packages offer a ton of sports, or NHL programming, or whatever the case may be?

I also highly doubt that AT&T's location has anything to do with their offerings. The Latino/Hispanic population is growing in extremely rapid numbers, so it only makes sense to add those channels. Besides, they're not "on the hook" for selling those channels to a certain number of subscribers. They can put them in either the U-100, U-200, or Spanish tiers and either sell them to everybody, or sell them to only those who want them.

If AT&T signs up with Center Ice, they must sell a specific number of packages. If they don't, they still have to buy them and eat the (very expensive) costs. If someone wants ESPN Deportes, but has no interest in TV Colombia, they'll still be buying that subscription to TV Colombia.

thomasdd wrote:

Hmmm... we have a "one-post wonder" who posted that AT&T said they wouldn't be adding the NHL package. Usually, don't AT&T reps try to add people to the "sports pack" or the "HD Premium Tier" under the belief that those packages offer a ton of sports, or NHL programming, or whatever the case may be?

I also highly doubt that AT&T's location has anything to do with their offerings. The Latino/Hispanic population is growing in extremely rapid numbers, so it only makes sense to add those channels. Besides, they're not "on the hook" for selling those channels to a certain number of subscribers. They can put them in either the U-100, U-200, or Spanish tiers and either sell them to everybody, or sell them to only those who want them.

If AT&T signs up with Center Ice, they must sell a specific number of packages. If they don't, they still have to buy them and eat the (very expensive) costs. If someone wants ESPN Deportes, but has no interest in TV Colombia, they'll still be buying that subscription to TV Colombia.

21 of 37 (4,849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 3:24:14 PM
(0)
Guru

FWIW, those who want to catch the action on TV via GameCenter, it might be a good solution to get yourself a PlayStation 3, which has that possibility. If you don't have a BluRay player, it'll solve that problem as well. People looking for cash these days in this economy (imagine that) have been cashing-in their systems, and you could possibly go that route for less than full retail. Of course you do have other options in this internet age, but I can't go into those as they're of the "sneaky" backdoor variety. Smiley Wink

And as to the contract business, what used to burn my cork with Comcast was their insistence/prodding for customers to add the "Sports Pack", but all of these US sport cabals (MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL) put their channels on the digital-tier at almost the most basic level. But, should you want to watch college sports or soccer, you're forced into paying an additional $7.95 a month. What's their reasoning? Well, more customers wouldn't want to pay for a sports package, so to get the most viewers, we'll put it out for everyone. OK ... so the people who wouldn't be watching it anyways somehow would be? IMHO, basic old ESPN and the regional sports channel should be on "expanded basic" for everyone, and all others in a specific, extra-charge sports package. Maybe then, ESPN/Disney wouldn't be forcing anyone to pay the almost $4.00 per month for their services that aren't being watched, and it could be something more in line with the others like Discovery, USA, or FX. I'm not a real fan of "a la carte" blocks, but I think I'd have plenty of people agreeing with this line of thinking.

FWIW, those who want to catch the action on TV via GameCenter, it might be a good solution to get yourself a PlayStation 3, which has that possibility. If you don't have a BluRay player, it'll solve that problem as well. People looking for cash these days in this economy (imagine that) have been cashing-in their systems, and you could possibly go that route for less than full retail. Of course you do have other options in this internet age, but I can't go into those as they're of the "sneaky" backdoor variety. Smiley Wink

And as to the contract business, what used to burn my cork with Comcast was their insistence/prodding for customers to add the "Sports Pack", but all of these US sport cabals (MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL) put their channels on the digital-tier at almost the most basic level. But, should you want to watch college sports or soccer, you're forced into paying an additional $7.95 a month. What's their reasoning? Well, more customers wouldn't want to pay for a sports package, so to get the most viewers, we'll put it out for everyone. OK ... so the people who wouldn't be watching it anyways somehow would be? IMHO, basic old ESPN and the regional sports channel should be on "expanded basic" for everyone, and all others in a specific, extra-charge sports package. Maybe then, ESPN/Disney wouldn't be forcing anyone to pay the almost $4.00 per month for their services that aren't being watched, and it could be something more in line with the others like Discovery, USA, or FX. I'm not a real fan of "a la carte" blocks, but I think I'd have plenty of people agreeing with this line of thinking.

22 of 37 (4,847 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 6:28:58 PM
(0)
Voyager

Please add Center Ice or I will be forced to switch back to Time Warner Cable!!!!

Please add Center Ice or I will be forced to switch back to Time Warner Cable!!!!

23 of 37 (3,725 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 7:18:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ajacokes wrote:

Please add Center Ice or I will be forced to switch back to Time Warner Cable!

Until AT&T comes to a new carriage agreement with the National Hockey League to carry the NHL Network again, there will not be any chance of U-Verse carrying NHL Center Ice. The NHL Network is a must carry prerequesite for any provider to carry NHL Center Ice.

ajacokes wrote:

Please add Center Ice or I will be forced to switch back to Time Warner Cable!

Until AT&T comes to a new carriage agreement with the National Hockey League to carry the NHL Network again, there will not be any chance of U-Verse carrying NHL Center Ice. The NHL Network is a must carry prerequesite for any provider to carry NHL Center Ice.

24 of 37 (3,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 3:49:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ajacokes wrote:

As was stated, until the NHL and AT&T can come to agreement Center Ice will not be available.  You can always get a ROKU and order NHL Game Center.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

ajacokes wrote:

As was stated, until the NHL and AT&T can come to agreement Center Ice will not be available.  You can always get a ROKU and order NHL Game Center.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

25 of 37 (3,677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 11:06:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

Understood but some of us would like it on the service we already have instead of buying an extra piece of equipment and using a service that is not HD quality. Ever try switching back and forth between games? Painful at best.

Understood but some of us would like it on the service we already have instead of buying an extra piece of equipment and using a service that is not HD quality. Ever try switching back and forth between games? Painful at best.

26 of 37 (3,627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 5:15:15 PM
(0)
Scholar
Sorry guys. U- verse is pretty strong in its stance against Center Ice and NHL Network. They don 't want to give the NHL the same treatment as the NBA. Game Center on your computer or Roku is your only CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY!choice unless you switch providers.
Sorry guys. U- verse is pretty strong in its stance against Center Ice and NHL Network. They don 't want to give the NHL the same treatment as the NBA. Game Center on your computer or Roku is your only CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY!choice unless you switch providers.

27 of 37 (3,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 5:16:43 PM
(0)
Scholar
How did that CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY get in my post ?!
How did that CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY get in my post ?!

28 of 37 (3,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 1:49:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
In addition to Roku, there's a newer device made by Google called ChromeCast that puts Google Chrome right on your TV. It's like using your TV as a computer monitor. I have one and after install, I don't even notice it's there...plugs in right in the side.
In addition to Roku, there's a newer device made by Google called ChromeCast that puts Google Chrome right on your TV. It's like using your TV as a computer monitor. I have one and after install, I don't even notice it's there...plugs in right in the side.

29 of 37 (3,402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 4:21:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

The problem for folks like me (outside of my favorite team's market) is that sure.. you can buy Gamecenter.. but you're still blacked out on all the NHL Network broadcasts. I'm paying to get maybe 3/4ths of my games this year, which could all be avoided if they'd just come to an agreement already. I could handle them not carrying NHL Center Ice - I actually prefer Gamecenter because I can opt to always watch my team's broadcast, which wasn't always the case with Center Ice. I just get frustrated when I'm paying the NHL to watch games, and they're blacking me out of their own channel because my cable provider can't get along with them.

Not to mention, when I signed up with AT&T I specifically asked the tech I was online with if NHL Network was carried and they assured me that it was (hint: it wasn't). I ordered the Sports Package tier to at least get pre and post-game for my team, but they love blacking out the post-game shows too.

And don't get me started on last year's playoffs. The fact they blacked me out on NBC Sports Network for Formula-1 racing and Poker about gave me a brain tumor. I'm still angry at their responses to my two support calls during that game.

The problem for folks like me (outside of my favorite team's market) is that sure.. you can buy Gamecenter.. but you're still blacked out on all the NHL Network broadcasts. I'm paying to get maybe 3/4ths of my games this year, which could all be avoided if they'd just come to an agreement already. I could handle them not carrying NHL Center Ice - I actually prefer Gamecenter because I can opt to always watch my team's broadcast, which wasn't always the case with Center Ice. I just get frustrated when I'm paying the NHL to watch games, and they're blacking me out of their own channel because my cable provider can't get along with them.

Not to mention, when I signed up with AT&T I specifically asked the tech I was online with if NHL Network was carried and they assured me that it was (hint: it wasn't). I ordered the Sports Package tier to at least get pre and post-game for my team, but they love blacking out the post-game shows too.

And don't get me started on last year's playoffs. The fact they blacked me out on NBC Sports Network for Formula-1 racing and Poker about gave me a brain tumor. I'm still angry at their responses to my two support calls during that game.

30 of 37 (3,363 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments