Message 1 of 8
Scholar

Re: NHK WORLD

On ch 1221 and 1379??
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Master

What package(s) do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
Scholar

U 300
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Professor

WHAT?????????  NHK WORLD IS ON TWO CHANNELS BUT NO HALLMARK????? GET IT DONE AT$T!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I find two things that are strange about the addition of NHK World. First, I did not find a standard definition of the channel on either 221 or 379. Second, why is the channel on two high definition channels instead of one?

Here is the web site for NHK World:   http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/index.html

Here is a Wikipedia article about the channel:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHK_World

I have U-450 so I could not tell you which levels the channel is on.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8
Scholar

Well at least Uverse is adding more channels i would like to see some more sports channels added to the lineup .

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

WHAT?????????  NHK WORLD IS ON TWO CHANNELS BUT NO HALLMARK????? GET IT DONE AT$T!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I find two things that are strange about the addition of NHK World. First, I did not find a standard definition of the channel on either 221 or 379. Second, why is the channel on two high definition channels instead of one?

Here is the web site for NHK World:   http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/index.html

Here is a Wikipedia article about the channel:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHK_World

I have U-450 so I could not tell you which levels the channel is on.

Well, they could offer Hallmark.  Or Hakkmark, lol.

The OP has U300, so it's at least U300 and above.  I find it odd that AT&T has added BBC World and NHK World but no Al Jazeera America. Smiley Tongue  In all honesty, 25 yaers ago, I would bring out my shortwave radio (a portable unit from radio Shack) to hear world news.  Cool that AT&T has at least a few non-US based News outlets.   I do miss Scola from Comcast, which was half hour blocks of world news from individual countries / stations (Deutch Welle, BBC, Manilla news and so on).

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

With it seeming to be Asian-focused, I'm surprised it doesn't mirror up in the 3000-range.

Then again, maybe it's coming later.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support