Helpful Links

NFL Network Stream Cut-off end of game

Teacher

NFL Network Stream Cut-off end of game

The opening NFL football game between the Baltimore Ravens and the Denver Broncos was broadcast over local network channels last night (5 Sep 2013). However the last 7:30 of the game was suddenly cut-off when I received the message "Network Streaming has been interrupted..." Was this UVerse or was this the network?

I'm sure UVerse is going to blame the network. Unfortunately, I watch the game recorded about 1 hour behind real time so that I can fast forward through the commercials. I've heard of no complaints from "live" network viewers to confirm that it was the network that actually cut the game off so I think the entire game was actually broadcast. Thus, it seems that UVerse decided to pull the plug for whatever reason.

Anyone else to confirm exactly what happened? If this is what I can expect in the future, I may as well go back to "over the air".

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: NFL Network Stream Cut-off end of game

Baldy95307 - Since it is a recording, two other things to consider -

Did the game run over> Did you add recording time in case it runs over?

Are you watching from a non-DVR STB? Perhaps your whole house DVR failed. See if the recording is complete & plays on the DVR.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Scholar

The game started late due to weather (lighting in the Denver area). I watched the game until the end without issue. I found from experience to always add extra time to games that you are recording and programming that you are recording after games.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Master

Where you actually recording the game or were you using the one hour buffer for live TV.  I suspect that it was the latter.  What I suspect happened is you had shows scheduled to record so when they went to start there was enough of them that it needed the one recording/buffering your live TV (football game) so it switched you to the live feed for the channel you were on thus negating the buffering of the game.  This has happened to me before so now I get in the habit of just punching the record button and as with all spoting events I always add 1 hour to the recording.  If there is a conflict recording the whole game you will find out before what happened to you happens!! 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5

If you had other HD programming on at the same time (live or recording) it could have caused the channel to be "interupted"

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support