Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 23, 2013
5:31:06 AM
View profile
NFL Guide

Yesterday, Sunday, September 22, 2013, at 12:45 p.m., I  looked at my U-Verse Guide to find out which two football games were being broadcast at 1:00 p.m. here in South Florida. (The Miami Dolphin game was a 4:15 game.)

The 1004 Channel (WFORHD) listed the 1:00 p.m. game as "Houston Texans at Baltimore Ravens..." This is fine, and what I expect from the Guide. The 1007 Channel (FOX ) listed the game as "Regional Coverage - Teams TBA."

Are you seriously telling me that U-Verse doesn't know what football game it's broadcasting in 15 minutes? This is the most FRUSTRATING part of U-Verse, and it is many times not uncommon to get little to no information about upcoming broadcasts.

At 12:55 p.m., there was still no information. At 1:00, I thought “Ah, football at last”... No, wait... it's an infomercial about Prosvent Prostate medication. Seriously?  What’s up with this… can anyone explain it to me?

Yesterday, Sunday, September 22, 2013, at 12:45 p.m., I  looked at my U-Verse Guide to find out which two football games were being broadcast at 1:00 p.m. here in South Florida. (The Miami Dolphin game was a 4:15 game.)

The 1004 Channel (WFORHD) listed the 1:00 p.m. game as "Houston Texans at Baltimore Ravens..." This is fine, and what I expect from the Guide. The 1007 Channel (FOX ) listed the game as "Regional Coverage - Teams TBA."

Are you seriously telling me that U-Verse doesn't know what football game it's broadcasting in 15 minutes? This is the most FRUSTRATING part of U-Verse, and it is many times not uncommon to get little to no information about upcoming broadcasts.

At 12:55 p.m., there was still no information. At 1:00, I thought “Ah, football at last”... No, wait... it's an infomercial about Prosvent Prostate medication. Seriously?  What’s up with this… can anyone explain it to me?

NFL Guide

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 1:30:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Blame the NFL. They have funny rules based on what team is playing when and what the other network can air.

The one exception to the Sunday afternoon broadcast rules are for stations  within the designated television market of an NFL team. If the local team's game  is being broadcast on either CBS or FOX, the other network cannot broadcast a  game in that time slot. For example, if the Minnesota Vikings are playing in a 1  p.m. game being aired in the Minneapolis market by FOX, the CBS station cannot  air any game in that slot, even if CBS is designated as having doubleheader  right. The Minneapolis CBS station would air only a single game that weekend in  the 4 p.m. time slot.

Read more:  http://www.ehow.com/about_4796056_nfl-broadcasting-rules.html#ixzz2fkY46Gwu

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Blame the NFL. They have funny rules based on what team is playing when and what the other network can air.

The one exception to the Sunday afternoon broadcast rules are for stations  within the designated television market of an NFL team. If the local team's game  is being broadcast on either CBS or FOX, the other network cannot broadcast a  game in that time slot. For example, if the Minnesota Vikings are playing in a 1  p.m. game being aired in the Minneapolis market by FOX, the CBS station cannot  air any game in that slot, even if CBS is designated as having doubleheader  right. The Minneapolis CBS station would air only a single game that weekend in  the 4 p.m. time slot.

Read more:  http://www.ehow.com/about_4796056_nfl-broadcasting-rules.html#ixzz2fkY46Gwu

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: NFL Guide

2 of 4 (638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 3:07:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you want to know which NFL games will be broadcast in your market each week, check the NFL blackout map:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=3

If you want to know which NFL games will be broadcast in your market each week, check the NFL blackout map:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=3

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (622 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 8:45:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

While it may be easy to blame the NFL, this sounds like a Guide mismatch.  The NFL is probably off the hook, here.  It could be a "Guide Provider" issue.  U-Verse uses a horrible Guide Provider, as we have all discovered and AT&T seems to have a "we don't care" attitude.  Either the Network's computer (or station's computer) fed the Guide Provider bad info OR the Guide Provider's computer choked on the data from the network OR AT&T's Guide fouled up what was sent - it seems like it was a Guide issue for the OP.

americangame wrote:

While it may be easy to blame the NFL, this sounds like a Guide mismatch.  The NFL is probably off the hook, here.  It could be a "Guide Provider" issue.  U-Verse uses a horrible Guide Provider, as we have all discovered and AT&T seems to have a "we don't care" attitude.  Either the Network's computer (or station's computer) fed the Guide Provider bad info OR the Guide Provider's computer choked on the data from the network OR AT&T's Guide fouled up what was sent - it seems like it was a Guide issue for the OP.

4 of 4 (586 Views)