Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 31, 2013
4:58:12 PM
NEW SERVICE?

Monday July 29th I switched our home phone, internet and television to U-verse.  for 2 days we had pretty good service, as we had ordered the U200 television package, max internet.  However, this morning, we discovered our home phone now has call waiting and voicemail, which we did not want nor were we asked about.  In addition, our internet was downgraded to the slowest and our television suddenly went to U100.  NOT what you want a brand new customer to experience.  this is not only unacceptable, I seriously hope there is a refund in the works for part of our trouble.  Brand new service and you have already completely screwed it up!

Monday July 29th I switched our home phone, internet and television to U-verse.  for 2 days we had pretty good service, as we had ordered the U200 television package, max internet.  However, this morning, we discovered our home phone now has call waiting and voicemail, which we did not want nor were we asked about.  In addition, our internet was downgraded to the slowest and our television suddenly went to U100.  NOT what you want a brand new customer to experience.  this is not only unacceptable, I seriously hope there is a refund in the works for part of our trouble.  Brand new service and you have already completely screwed it up!

NEW SERVICE?

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 5:04:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can turn on or off VM:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB421180Enable/Disable Voicemail ServiceControls call forwarding to your voicemail box. Turn on this feature to route all unanswered calls to voicemail. Turn off this feature when you do not wish to receive voicemail messages.Manage online from the Voicemail Settings tab

As for the rest a community manager will have to take care of it for you since it's account specific.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

You can turn on or off VM:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB421180Enable/Disable Voicemail ServiceControls call forwarding to your voicemail box. Turn on this feature to route all unanswered calls to voicemail. Turn off this feature when you do not wish to receive voicemail messages.Manage online from the Voicemail Settings tab

As for the rest a community manager will have to take care of it for you since it's account specific.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: NEW SERVICE?

2 of 13 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 7:17:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

what a hassle and no results.  too many passwords, codes, verifications, etc., etc., etc.  the company is way too big to handle individual issues.  problem is, this is BRAND NEW service and it's already been completely botched up by AT&T.  And, I am being charged for service I AM NOT EVEN GETTING.  I thought Time Warner was bad.  We have been sucked into a black hole never to be dealt with again.  My huband spent an hour today on the phone with "customer service" and he got none.  I have a feeling AT&T doesn't have a clue what customer service is.  I am completely dissatisfied with AT&T and am very sorry I made the switch.  A complete waste of my precious time and money.

Linda [Removed info for security measures]

what a hassle and no results.  too many passwords, codes, verifications, etc., etc., etc.  the company is way too big to handle individual issues.  problem is, this is BRAND NEW service and it's already been completely botched up by AT&T.  And, I am being charged for service I AM NOT EVEN GETTING.  I thought Time Warner was bad.  We have been sucked into a black hole never to be dealt with again.  My huband spent an hour today on the phone with "customer service" and he got none.  I have a feeling AT&T doesn't have a clue what customer service is.  I am completely dissatisfied with AT&T and am very sorry I made the switch.  A complete waste of my precious time and money.

3 of 13 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 7:14:24 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello, lindambillg

My name is Morgan, I'm one of the Community Managers. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a series of negative experiences with your U-verse service, but I'll be glad to help you get these resolved. I'm going to send you a private message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello, lindambillg

My name is Morgan, I'm one of the Community Managers. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a series of negative experiences with your U-verse service, but I'll be glad to help you get these resolved. I'm going to send you a private message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 13 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 8:11:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

It has been unbelievably frustrating, and we get more questions asked of us than answers given.  I have paperwork showing what we should have, yet every person we have spoken with has questioned whether or not we are being charged for lesser service and not what we ordered.  And they have gotten very terse and short with my husband, who is the most patient person on the planet (I am not).  It is almost like we are being accused of ripping off the system, and we get comments like, "well, in my 13 years of experience with AT&T we have never had an issue like this come up."  REALLY?  This is customer service gone awry.  I am extremely unhappy with the constant calling and requesting of passwords and the nuances and undertones by your employees implying we did something wrong.  I would be happy to reverse what I did and slink back to overpaying Time Warner if this is how AT&T is going to treat us.  I work in a very large law firm and if we treated

our clients like some of your representatives have treated us, we'd be looking for another job.  This is pitiful.  We just want the service we requested and are being charged for (and I would like to see a discount on our first bill for all this trouble).   This is truly unbelievable.  And, I have a sister who works for your corporate office in Dallas.  Wait till I tell her about this.  I cannot tell you what a horrible experience it has been to have opted into the U-Verse plan; it has been an utter nightmare.

Please, re-establish our U-200 home television plan, please remove the call waiting and voicemail from our phone.  PLEASE.

It has been unbelievably frustrating, and we get more questions asked of us than answers given.  I have paperwork showing what we should have, yet every person we have spoken with has questioned whether or not we are being charged for lesser service and not what we ordered.  And they have gotten very terse and short with my husband, who is the most patient person on the planet (I am not).  It is almost like we are being accused of ripping off the system, and we get comments like, "well, in my 13 years of experience with AT&T we have never had an issue like this come up."  REALLY?  This is customer service gone awry.  I am extremely unhappy with the constant calling and requesting of passwords and the nuances and undertones by your employees implying we did something wrong.  I would be happy to reverse what I did and slink back to overpaying Time Warner if this is how AT&T is going to treat us.  I work in a very large law firm and if we treated

our clients like some of your representatives have treated us, we'd be looking for another job.  This is pitiful.  We just want the service we requested and are being charged for (and I would like to see a discount on our first bill for all this trouble).   This is truly unbelievable.  And, I have a sister who works for your corporate office in Dallas.  Wait till I tell her about this.  I cannot tell you what a horrible experience it has been to have opted into the U-Verse plan; it has been an utter nightmare.

Please, re-establish our U-200 home television plan, please remove the call waiting and voicemail from our phone.  PLEASE.

5 of 13 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 8:52:34 AM
(0)
Employee

I completely understand your concern and I definitely apologize that you've had such a struggle with the previous AT&T support reps and for for all the trouble you've gone through to get this resolved. I want to ensure you that AT&T values you, our customer, as the number one priority and I want to personally apologize on behalf of AT&T that you did not receive the support you needed. I also want to ensure you that my team and I are going to own this issue and make sure everything gets resolved for you.

So that we can assist you further without revealing your account information to the public, we have sent you a private message in your inbox to continue this conversation.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

I completely understand your concern and I definitely apologize that you've had such a struggle with the previous AT&T support reps and for for all the trouble you've gone through to get this resolved. I want to ensure you that AT&T values you, our customer, as the number one priority and I want to personally apologize on behalf of AT&T that you did not receive the support you needed. I also want to ensure you that my team and I are going to own this issue and make sure everything gets resolved for you.

So that we can assist you further without revealing your account information to the public, we have sent you a private message in your inbox to continue this conversation.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 13 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 9:00:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

I did not know we had call forwarding.  We wanted the call waiting and voicemail disabled.  Thank you for your kind reply.  I hope the nightmare is over, but the service has not changed as of yet.

Please feel free to call my home and speak to my husband, Bill.  He can keep you apprised of everything.

Thank you

I did not know we had call forwarding.  We wanted the call waiting and voicemail disabled.  Thank you for your kind reply.  I hope the nightmare is over, but the service has not changed as of yet.

Please feel free to call my home and speak to my husband, Bill.  He can keep you apprised of everything.

Thank you

7 of 13 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 9:13:22 AM
(0)
Employee

No problem, I'm glad to assist. I'll be sure to call your husband as soon as I have an update from our sales team. Thank you so much for your patience. Smiley Happy

No problem, I'm glad to assist. I'll be sure to call your husband as soon as I have an update from our sales team. Thank you so much for your patience. Smiley Happy

8 of 13 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 10:42:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

Who knew that if you refuse a DVR, your service is downgraded???!!!  unbelievable.  We don't record so we just assumed we had the option of not having a DVR.  So that's what messed up our service.  I'm surprised folks don't have the option.  But whatever, at least the problem was finally solved.  I still would like to see some sort of discount for all this mess.

AND

I also got on a cell phone plan and added our son in Kansas to the plan - based solely upon the fact that AT&T's customer service assured me he would be able to keep his existing (T-Mobile) phone number and switch over.  NOT TRUE.  Had I known this up front I would have never added him to our plan and purchased him an iPhone.

Our overall experience with AT&T has been very unsavory and we are still generally unhappy with the "service" we have been provided.  I feel like we were roped in with lies and then the sad truth came out.  However, since I signed on to a 2 year plan, we are stuck.  Yes, that's how we feel; stuck.  We were deceived by you and other existing AT&T customers into thinking it would be great.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

Thank you for helping with the U-200 issue.  The other issues will be a thorn in my side until our 2 years is up.  How sad.

Linda [removed for security reasons]

Who knew that if you refuse a DVR, your service is downgraded???!!!  unbelievable.  We don't record so we just assumed we had the option of not having a DVR.  So that's what messed up our service.  I'm surprised folks don't have the option.  But whatever, at least the problem was finally solved.  I still would like to see some sort of discount for all this mess.

AND

I also got on a cell phone plan and added our son in Kansas to the plan - based solely upon the fact that AT&T's customer service assured me he would be able to keep his existing (T-Mobile) phone number and switch over.  NOT TRUE.  Had I known this up front I would have never added him to our plan and purchased him an iPhone.

Our overall experience with AT&T has been very unsavory and we are still generally unhappy with the "service" we have been provided.  I feel like we were roped in with lies and then the sad truth came out.  However, since I signed on to a 2 year plan, we are stuck.  Yes, that's how we feel; stuck.  We were deceived by you and other existing AT&T customers into thinking it would be great.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

Thank you for helping with the U-200 issue.  The other issues will be a thorn in my side until our 2 years is up.  How sad.

9 of 13 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 11:19:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

Now that I have been roped into a Uverse package AND a cell phone family plan, I find out that AT&T has lousy service in Kansas, there is no cell tower anywhere near my stepson and he will not be able to interface with his daughter WHICH IS WHY WE PURCHASED AN iPHONE AND PUT HIM ON OUR PLAN.  I HATE AT&T.  I am now STUCK with this hideous, pathetic service that I have no use for and am completely dissatisfied with.  I WANT OUT and I cannot because I signed an agreement based on lies told to me by AT&T customer service representatives.  My wireless phone service is a joke, my stepson cannot change his number (as promised by AT&T) and he cannot interface with his daughter because AT&T does not support this in Kansas.  WHAT A JOKE and it's on ME.

I will never ever use AT&T again after my 2 years is up.  My time and money are worth far more than I have wasted on AT&T.  Even the lousy U.S. Mail is better than that.  And that's not saying much.  AT&T stinks and I'm tired of the smell.  You have completely and thoroughly dissatisfied me to a Tee.

Santa Ana, California

Now that I have been roped into a Uverse package AND a cell phone family plan, I find out that AT&T has lousy service in Kansas, there is no cell tower anywhere near my stepson and he will not be able to interface with his daughter WHICH IS WHY WE PURCHASED AN iPHONE AND PUT HIM ON OUR PLAN.  I HATE AT&T.  I am now STUCK with this hideous, pathetic service that I have no use for and am completely dissatisfied with.  I WANT OUT and I cannot because I signed an agreement based on lies told to me by AT&T customer service representatives.  My wireless phone service is a joke, my stepson cannot change his number (as promised by AT&T) and he cannot interface with his daughter because AT&T does not support this in Kansas.  WHAT A JOKE and it's on ME.

I will never ever use AT&T again after my 2 years is up.  My time and money are worth far more than I have wasted on AT&T.  Even the lousy U.S. Mail is better than that.  And that's not saying much.  AT&T stinks and I'm tired of the smell.  You have completely and thoroughly dissatisfied me to a Tee.

Santa Ana, California

10 of 13 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 12:03:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

We do not want call waiting on our home phone.  Although the voicemail is now off, we still have call waiting and when someone calls and we are on the line it just rings and rings and rings.  We never wanted it and don't want it now.  can someone please get call waiting off my phone?  This is absurd.......A week of crap from AT&T and no end in sight.  Just what I wanted.  I know we were wasting our money with Time Warner, now I'm sure we are also wasting it with AT&T.  New service has turned into service from hell.

We do not want call waiting on our home phone.  Although the voicemail is now off, we still have call waiting and when someone calls and we are on the line it just rings and rings and rings.  We never wanted it and don't want it now.  can someone please get call waiting off my phone?  This is absurd.......A week of crap from AT&T and no end in sight.  Just what I wanted.  I know we were wasting our money with Time Warner, now I'm sure we are also wasting it with AT&T.  New service has turned into service from hell.

11 of 13 (181 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 12:11:45 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi lindambillg,

We apologize for the inconveniences, and rest assure, someone from our team will continue to help you as much as we can until everything is fixed.

With call waiting to Deactivate it, pick up your phone and dial

* 370 #

If you ever wish to Reactivate it, pick up your phone and dial

* 371 #

Hi lindambillg,

We apologize for the inconveniences, and rest assure, someone from our team will continue to help you as much as we can until everything is fixed.

With call waiting to Deactivate it, pick up your phone and dial

* 370 #

If you ever wish to Reactivate it, pick up your phone and dial

* 371 #

12 of 13 (181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 12:28:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

HOLY COW!  why didn't someone just tell me that?  wow, thank you!  I do not have any guide or paperwork and do not know any of the "codes" for the phone........

APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!

Linda Guyett

HOLY COW!  why didn't someone just tell me that?  wow, thank you!  I do not have any guide or paperwork and do not know any of the "codes" for the phone........

APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!

Linda Guyett

13 of 13 (181 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments