Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NBA League Pass

Expert

NBA League Pass

Time to start a rumor!

On the TitanTV website, the U-verse program Guide shows channels 2105 - 2114 for NBA League Pass.  Take this for whatever it is worth.

Message 1 of 181
Expert

Re: NBA League Pass

LP encoding and multicast transmission is done at the national head-end in Colorado.

To be able to independently switch each LP channel to a local feed would require encoding and multicast transmission in the local VHO, multiplying the number of required encoders and IP addresses by the number of VHOs.
Message 106 of 181
Expert

@jbdet313 wrote:

Yeah, I understand that. But my point is this: If you're going to key-in that the channel is going to be blacked out on a LP channel in the local area, why not just switch the feed over to the local RSN broadcasting it to begin with anyways?

Why?  Those in the team's territory will watch the game on the RSN not on the LP channel.  The feed on the LP channel will be watched by those outside of the team's territory.  

It's the same process that ESPN uses when they black out a game on ESPN in a team's territory because the game is broadcast on the RSN in that territory.  The only difference is that when this occurs, ESPN will broadcast ESPN News instead of the blacked out game.  As we have discovered from past experience, AT&T does not have the ability to broadcast 2 separate feeds simultaneously on the same channel number.

Message 107 of 181
Professor

Maybe this isn't what he's saying... but if the Cavs (my local team) are on channel 2109 and 1732 (my local FS channel) at the same time, if I am scrolling through League Pass and select channel 2019, it automatically takes me to channel 1732.

Message 108 of 181
Expert

@kryptonite wrote:

Maybe this isn't what he's saying... but if the Cavs (my local team) are on channel 2109 and 1732 (my local FS channel) at the same time, if I am scrolling through League Pass and select channel 2019, it automatically takes me to channel 1732.

I doubt AT&T would try to program something like that because that transfer would have to be limited to viewers who are only in certain zip codes.  Also, it would not be based on the LP channel that you tune to because the LP channels are not assigned to a team.  Some how a determination would have to made based on the home team of each game broadcasts at a given time on the LP channels.  Sounds like a very difficult task!

If  you see the game blacked out on NBA League Pass, just tune to your local RSN to watch the game.

Message 109 of 181
Mentor

so has anyone been able to do the online/broadband deal or not?
Message 110 of 181
Tutor

No.  Only able to access them due to the free preview.

Message 111 of 181
VKW
Contributor

According to NBA.com, NBATV is supposed to be incuded with NBA league pass. 

"NBA TV, a fan’s all-access channel for everything basketball, is included at no additional charge with your subscription to NBA LEAGUE PASS*. NBA TV airs up to 4 nationally exclusive live games per week, including Playoffs, unique original programming, plus all the stats, stories and news going on in and around the NBA."
http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/benefits.html

Also, ATT uverse needs to credit those people who have been charged $199 as NBA.com advertises it as $169.

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html

I have also had trouble activating NBA League Pass Broadband through their online activation with ATT's account number.  I ordered NBA league pass before my latest bill was created and it still does not show it on this months statement.  I can't even send in a bill to NBA.com to activated it.  Thats a full month of NBA League Pass Broadband I am missing out.

I will be calling ATT to correct all these issues.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Message 112 of 181

@VKW wrote:

According to NBA.com, NBATV is supposed to be incuded with NBA league pass. 

"NBA TV, a fan’s all-access channel for everything basketball, is included at no additional charge with your subscription to NBA LEAGUE PASS*. NBA TV airs up to 4 nationally exclusive live games per week, including Playoffs, unique original programming, plus all the stats, stories and news going on in and around the NBA."
http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/benefits.html

Also, ATT uverse needs to credit those people who have been charged $199 as NBA.com advertises it as $169.

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html

I have also had trouble activating NBA League Pass Broadband through their online activation with ATT's account number.  I ordered NBA league pass before my latest bill was created and it still does not show it on this months statement.  I can't even send in a bill to NBA.com to activated it.  Thats a full month of NBA League Pass Broadband I am missing out.

I will be calling ATT to correct all these issues.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.

*In Most Markets

DPR

Message 113 of 181

I was able to sign up to NBALP today by calling ATT.  I never saw an option online, but customer service was able to help me.  It is worth noting that they did try to charge me 199.  The CSR claimed that 2 days ago the 169 "sale" expired.  I held firm that I was only going to pay 169 and ended up getting a credit for $30.  I am interested in seeing how this is going to interface with my nba.com account which I have had for a couple of years now.  I had NBA Broadband previously. 

Message 114 of 181
Voyager

Was thinking about signing up for this as well, but does anyone know that has done it, can the payment be split up like I did for ESPN Game Plan?  Like 4 payments or does it all have to be one time payment?

Message 115 of 181
Scholar

I got my broadband companion piece activated today.  When you try to do the automatic activation and it denies you, click on the link for more information and from there you can open a ticket to have them manually activate the broadband piece for you.  I just included my account number and a screenshot from the U-verse website showing I have League Pass.  About 3-4 days later they activated it for me.

Message 116 of 181
Tutor

Good to hear.  My next bill isn't until the 9th, and they say it won't show as me having League Pass til then.  So it sounds like I'll lose access to the broadband and the mobile sites until I can get them to activate it.

Message 117 of 181
Tutor

So a few more questions - does anyone know what happens if I upgrade to U300 and then change my mind that I don't want it? I'm in in two minds here. I really don't want to upgrade to U300 and give AT&T the pleasure of knowing they gouged yet another customer. The fact that they're overcharging for LP is quite enough if you ask me. Does ATT charge any fees if you downgrade your package? I noticed you can only upgrade, not downgrade - online, and you have to call them to actually downgrade - which should be a whole lot of fun. Additionally, does anyone know how long do I have to cancel my sub to league pass? I'm going to be quite angry if they refuse to credit me the $30 and then tell me I can't get NBA TV because they're ripping everyone off. And of course their call centers are closed today. I think when I call in, I'll just tell them that there's really no reason for me to have league pass since it's pretty easy to find links to all the games online anyway.

Message 118 of 181
Teacher

Typically, if you're in a promotional period, you cannot change that programming during the promo period. For example, if they give you u-300 upgrade free for 3 months, you're stuck with that for the length of the promo. But, five weeks in, if you decide to add the sports pack for one month, you can cancel the sports pack after that month, and not risk anything with the u-300, since that is a different promo.

If you want to ask them for a free HD period to offset the higher cost of the LP, go for it. Tell them that other companies are offering LP for $30 less. See if you can get HD free for 3 months, or a year, or whatever. Ask if they can lower your tv or Internet packages. You probably WON'T be able to pay $169 (or whatever) for LP, but I bet you can get savings in other areas totaling to MORE than $30.

The saying I use is that "it all comes out in the wash". You may lose in one area, but if you come out a big winner elsewhere. If you go to Vegas and lose $100 on one table, but win $300 on a different game, you're an overall winner. Same concept here.

And I'm SURE they'll be happy to know that you're breaking your service terms to pirate illegal feeds of games. (Not). Take my advice and get the savings elsewhere.
Message 119 of 181
Expert

no1cub17 - Just looking at your first sentence - I believe if you sign up for 300 & cancel before one month the cost is prorated for the time you have it plus a five dollar fee. I guess if you said the reason you cancel is you were not satisfied they may waive both charges.
Message 120 of 181
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support