Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 21, 2011
2:42:04 PM
View profile
NBA League Pass

Time to start a rumor!

On the TitanTV website, the U-verse program Guide shows channels 2105 - 2114 for NBA League Pass.  Take this for whatever it is worth.

Time to start a rumor!

On the TitanTV website, the U-verse program Guide shows channels 2105 - 2114 for NBA League Pass.  Take this for whatever it is worth.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

NBA League Pass

180 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(180)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 5:01:42 PM
(0)
Scholar

jbdet313 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

gregzoll_1 wrote:
Looks like they just showed up. Of course, now without a season and the fact, that our household does not watch NBA, it is one reason to not contribute to buying into it. Now, if it was NFL, it would be a different story, since the wife would be telling me to get it, to see her Bear's play.

That won't be happening anytime in the next 10 years or so.  The NFL and Direct TV have an exclusive deal going on.  Doesn't make much sense to me, but that's the way they wanted it. 

As technology has advanced, though, their "exclusivity" is showing its age. Cable got a little bone thrown to them to shut them up with the Red Zone ... at a price though. But if DirecTV has to bribe customers with free access (no matter which way you slice it across the board), they're basicaly begging people to watch. Sure, they have a certain pool of people who will come and stay with them purely for this limited time content, but if they can't reach others with similar compelling choices, their customer base shrinks.

It's just NOT the major selling point it once was.

Not only being offered free but also being offered to people with a PS3 (of course for the regular fee). But non the less, the number of people with acess continues to grow.

jbdet313 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

gregzoll_1 wrote:
Looks like they just showed up. Of course, now without a season and the fact, that our household does not watch NBA, it is one reason to not contribute to buying into it. Now, if it was NFL, it would be a different story, since the wife would be telling me to get it, to see her Bear's play.

That won't be happening anytime in the next 10 years or so.  The NFL and Direct TV have an exclusive deal going on.  Doesn't make much sense to me, but that's the way they wanted it. 

As technology has advanced, though, their "exclusivity" is showing its age. Cable got a little bone thrown to them to shut them up with the Red Zone ... at a price though. But if DirecTV has to bribe customers with free access (no matter which way you slice it across the board), they're basicaly begging people to watch. Sure, they have a certain pool of people who will come and stay with them purely for this limited time content, but if they can't reach others with similar compelling choices, their customer base shrinks.

It's just NOT the major selling point it once was.

Not only being offered free but also being offered to people with a PS3 (of course for the regular fee). But non the less, the number of people with acess continues to grow.

Re: NBA League Pass

31 of 181 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 2:37:41 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by bill4002 on Oct 27, 2011 at 2:38:25 PM

I have noticed on the account manager channel  9910,  under add premiums there is an entry for NBA League Pass, and right below there is an entry for NBACOMP. Both have the same price, 189.00. Is there a difference between the two, and if there is not, why the two separate entries for nba league pass?

I have noticed on the account manager channel  9910,  under add premiums there is an entry for NBA League Pass, and right below there is an entry for NBACOMP. Both have the same price, 189.00. Is there a difference between the two, and if there is not, why the two separate entries for nba league pass?

[ Edited ]
32 of 181 (1,792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2011 6:32:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

I have noticed that NBA League Pass has offically been added but why now when could be no season glad they added it but its to late hopefully they will bring back NHL network and add Center Ice .

I have noticed that NBA League Pass has offically been added but why now when could be no season glad they added it but its to late hopefully they will bring back NHL network and add Center Ice .

NBA league pass comfirmed is on U- Verse

33 of 181 (1,743 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2011 6:11:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

Looks like we are ready for the NBA season when they sign. I'd rather have them now, and not wait untill the midnight hour aftter the contract is signed, wouldn't any NBA fan? Good job U-Verse!!

DPR

Looks like we are ready for the NBA season when they sign. I'd rather have them now, and not wait untill the midnight hour aftter the contract is signed, wouldn't any NBA fan? Good job U-Verse!!

DPR

Re: NBA league pass comfirmed is on U- Verse

34 of 181 (1,665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 3:59:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

As the NBA owners and players have reached a tentative deal, the season is supposed to start on Christmas Day. I would assume that AT&T will be announcing the sign up procedures for NBA League Pass. I would hope that the cost would be prorated since the season will be 16 games short of a normal season.

With U-Verse being new to League Pass, it would be nice if U-Verse had a one week or so free showing of the package so that everyone could see what it is all about.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

As the NBA owners and players have reached a tentative deal, the season is supposed to start on Christmas Day. I would assume that AT&T will be announcing the sign up procedures for NBA League Pass. I would hope that the cost would be prorated since the season will be 16 games short of a normal season.

With U-Verse being new to League Pass, it would be nice if U-Verse had a one week or so free showing of the package so that everyone could see what it is all about.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

35 of 181 (1,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 4:26:57 PM
(0)
Scholar
The NBA always gives a free week of League Pass to everyone at the beginning of the season
The NBA always gives a free week of League Pass to everyone at the beginning of the season

36 of 181 (1,558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2011 11:23:40 AM
(0)
Guru

AmishGuy91 wrote:

And the operator has the choice to offer it or not. Even though Comcast is part owner of iNDemand, until 2008, we didn't get the free previews of NBALP, NHLCI, or MLBEI. And my Comcast headend is one they've owned and operated since the day they strung the first cable on the poles, since they were the ones doing it ... almost 30 years ago. Smiley Surprised

I'd be extremely surprised, though, if any operator doesn't offer the free preview this year. The NBA probably has some strict orders to everyone offering League Pass this year -- including more pushing out of HD games.

AmishGuy91 wrote:

And the operator has the choice to offer it or not. Even though Comcast is part owner of iNDemand, until 2008, we didn't get the free previews of NBALP, NHLCI, or MLBEI. And my Comcast headend is one they've owned and operated since the day they strung the first cable on the poles, since they were the ones doing it ... almost 30 years ago. Smiley Surprised

I'd be extremely surprised, though, if any operator doesn't offer the free preview this year. The NBA probably has some strict orders to everyone offering League Pass this year -- including more pushing out of HD games.

37 of 181 (1,496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2011 2:45:59 PM
(0)
Guru

All that remains now is to see how much the season price will be reduced with 66 games per team vs 82 (80% of their normal schedule).

All that remains now is to see how much the season price will be reduced with 66 games per team vs 82 (80% of their normal schedule).

38 of 181 (1,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 7:44:26 AM
(0)
Voyager

Brand new Uverse cust coming over from Time warner. Impressed with the u300 package and savings over cable!

Went on faith League pass were to happen and glad to see it!

On Cable the designated channels were not in the High Def area but we got 2 HD games last season.  It was an improvement from none!

With Uverse the channels are in the HD space, does this mean we get them all?  Does Fio's get all HD games in league pass?

Glad to have hoop back!

Brand new Uverse cust coming over from Time warner. Impressed with the u300 package and savings over cable!

On Cable the designated channels were not in the High Def area but we got 2 HD games last season.  It was an improvement from none!

With Uverse the channels are in the HD space, does this mean we get them all?  Does Fio's get all HD games in league pass?

Glad to have hoop back!

39 of 181 (1,378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 8:49:30 AM
(0)
Guru

I know Time Warner has been pushing 9 HD feeds out for these packages in their latest channel upgrades, their crown jewel NYC system has 21 channels to share amongst the packages from iNDemand and ESPN.

Uverse has 10 channels blocked off for LP, the first is probably the "wheel" channel (as I call it) that is iNDemand's highlight channel, like how MultiView works -- I can't remember what it was called on Comcast. If Uverse is requiring the $10 HD fee each month LP is active, maybe the 9 they have reserved will be doing HD.

The burning question, for not only potential Uverse subscribers, is how much will the NBA want for the package with the shortened season. Haven't seen anything about that yet.

I know Time Warner has been pushing 9 HD feeds out for these packages in their latest channel upgrades, their crown jewel NYC system has 21 channels to share amongst the packages from iNDemand and ESPN.

Uverse has 10 channels blocked off for LP, the first is probably the "wheel" channel (as I call it) that is iNDemand's highlight channel, like how MultiView works -- I can't remember what it was called on Comcast. If Uverse is requiring the $10 HD fee each month LP is active, maybe the 9 they have reserved will be doing HD.

The burning question, for not only potential Uverse subscribers, is how much will the NBA want for the package with the shortened season. Haven't seen anything about that yet.

40 of 181 (1,361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 8:49:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Nov 30, 2011 at 8:50:59 AM

Nalod wrote:

Glad to have hoop back!

This will be the first year that U-verse offers NBA League Pass, so we don't know what games will be available.

Nalod wrote:

Glad to have hoop back!

This will be the first year that U-verse offers NBA League Pass, so we don't know what games will be available.

[ Edited ]
41 of 181 (1,426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 5:02:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

Uverse has 10 HD channels dedicated to NBA League pass.

Uverse has 10 HD channels dedicated to NBA League pass.

42 of 181 (1,383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 7:11:01 PM
(0)
Mentor

Good to see Uverse adding NBA League Pass, though I'm not a basketball fan per se. Certainly gives hope that NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings may be coming in the nearer future.

Good to see Uverse adding NBA League Pass, though I'm not a basketball fan per se. Certainly gives hope that NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings may be coming in the nearer future.

43 of 181 (1,371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 7:07:43 AM
(0)
Voyager
The question is will they be filled with HD content. "Indemend" on my TIme warner cable also was "HD READY" but not all were streamed to those channels in HD.
The question is will they be filled with HD content. "Indemend" on my TIme warner cable also was "HD READY" but not all were streamed to those channels in HD.

44 of 181 (1,335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2011 1:21:19 PM
(0)
Scholar

I am very happy to see League Pass offered. I'd prefer them in HD but one step at a time. I'll sacrifice a few SD games as long as I get the package.

Well done U-Verse!!

I am very happy to see League Pass offered. I'd prefer them in HD but one step at a time. I'll sacrifice a few SD games as long as I get the package.

Well done U-Verse!!

45 of 181 (1,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 5:42:16 AM
(0)
Scholar
Has anyone heard what the price of league pass will be with the reduced season? Can't wait to see this on uverse!!
Has anyone heard what the price of league pass will be with the reduced season? Can't wait to see this on uverse!!

46 of 181 (1,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 8:03:10 AM
(0)
Mentor

$199....& you can spread it out over 4 mths

$199....& you can spread it out over 4 mths

47 of 181 (1,157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 9:16:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

Do you know how to order it?

48 of 181 (1,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 10:09:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

LakerFan5150 wrote:

You can order NBA League Pass in several ways:

1. Use Account Manager (channel 9910) to add a premium service

2. Log into your account online 

3. Call Customer Service at 1-800-288-2020

LakerFan5150 wrote:

You can order NBA League Pass in several ways:

1. Use Account Manager (channel 9910) to add a premium service

2. Log into your account online 

3. Call Customer Service at 1-800-288-2020

49 of 181 (1,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 1:21:17 PM
(0)
Scholar

It has to be prorated right? They are missing nearly 25% of the season

It has to be prorated right? They are missing nearly 25% of the season

50 of 181 (1,102 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 10:16:47 PM
(0)
Mentor

Originally it was $189 for early birds , then after the first week of the season  it jumps to $199. With the season being only 66 games , I would imagine they will come out with a new price. I am hoping with a lot of fans being ticked off about the lockout, the NBA will come out with a real nice price for NBA league pass.

Originally it was $189 for early birds , then after the first week of the season  it jumps to $199. With the season being only 66 games , I would imagine they will come out with a new price. I am hoping with a lot of fans being ticked off about the lockout, the NBA will come out with a real nice price for NBA league pass.

51 of 181 (1,606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 6:52:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

I ordered it a cpl days ago, & it was $199, if anyone gets a lower price than that, please lemme know

I ordered it a cpl days ago, & it was $199, if anyone gets a lower price than that, please lemme know

52 of 181 (1,589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 8:51:57 AM
(0)
Scholar

Has it been confirmed that they will be showing a free preview the first week of the seeason?

Has it been confirmed that they will be showing a free preview the first week of the seeason?

53 of 181 (1,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 5:20:37 AM
(0)
Professor
Call the sales office. Get them to give you free premium and and handles as well as discounted U-whatever and internet for a few months. If you are polite, but threaten to switch, they should offer you a sweet deal.

Your NBA package will still be $199, but it won't hurt as much.
Call the sales office. Get them to give you free premium and and handles as well as discounted U-whatever and internet for a few months. If you are polite, but threaten to switch, they should offer you a sweet deal.

Your NBA package will still be $199, but it won't hurt as much.

54 of 181 (1,522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2011 8:11:47 AM
(0)
Guru

Could have seen that coming.

Basically, Doofus Stern is telling the fans that it's somehow THEIR fault there hasn't been a season, and they're going to need to be punished so the mighty league can recoup their losses.

Any of you have a different outlook now as to who's throwing a tantrum in the ongoing saga of the NHL vs. AT&T over NHL Network carriage? Think there isn't a David Stern within the ranks of the NHL?

Could have seen that coming.

Basically, Doofus Stern is telling the fans that it's somehow THEIR fault there hasn't been a season, and they're going to need to be punished so the mighty league can recoup their losses.

Any of you have a different outlook now as to who's throwing a tantrum in the ongoing saga of the NHL vs. AT&T over NHL Network carriage? Think there isn't a David Stern within the ranks of the NHL?

56 of 181 (1,305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2011 6:19:50 PM
(0)
Professor
I hate to play Devil's Advocate, but if the season was NOT delayed, someone who would buy the package with 66 games left would pay the same price as someone who bought it immediately after the "Early Bird" discount expired.

Meanwhile, the players are still due their massive salaries, save the one check they didn't get. That money has to come from somewhere.

With that said, $20 off the season price wouldn't have hurt. But you can still call AT&T to try to swing a discount on other services.
I hate to play Devil's Advocate, but if the season was NOT delayed, someone who would buy the package with 66 games left would pay the same price as someone who bought it immediately after the "Early Bird" discount expired.

Meanwhile, the players are still due their massive salaries, save the one check they didn't get. That money has to come from somewhere.

With that said, $20 off the season price wouldn't have hurt. But you can still call AT&T to try to swing a discount on other services.

57 of 181 (1,256 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 9:55:54 AM
(0)
Mentor

The price for Nba league pass will be $169 for the 2011-12 season according to a csr I talked with this morning. The price includes broadband access and mobile access.

The price for Nba league pass will be $169 for the 2011-12 season according to a csr I talked with this morning. The price includes broadband access and mobile access.

58 of 181 (1,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 7:00:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

Anyone know when they are going to update their price to reflect the new shortened season at $169?  I called UVERSE CS and went to ch 9910, they both still say $199.  Good luck finding any information about it online.  Thanks.

Anyone know when they are going to update their price to reflect the new shortened season at $169?  I called UVERSE CS and went to ch 9910, they both still say $199.  Good luck finding any information about it online.  Thanks.

59 of 181 (1,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 10:48:48 AM
(0)
Guru

Since AT&T doesn't have anything online about it, Time Warner DOES. In a nutshell:

... $169 for regular season. Online ordering started 12/15 for them, who knows with AT&T

... League Pass games begin 12/26

... Free Preview runs from 12/25/11-01/08/12, who knows with AT&T as this is their first venture with iNDemand

... Half-season Free Preview 02/28/12-03/04/12, with $89 price

REMEMBER ------ this is NOT for AT&T, they will do what they decide to. HOWEVER ---- since the NBA more than likely got involved to get as many providers of League Pass as possible revenue sources for their to-date losses, AT&T will probably follow what TWC is doing, based on the NBA itself putting down the basic ground rules.

Keep in mind also ----- the $10 HD fee is required on your account for this package, as AT&T has said already.

Since AT&T doesn't have anything online about it, Time Warner DOES. In a nutshell:

... $169 for regular season. Online ordering started 12/15 for them, who knows with AT&T

... League Pass games begin 12/26

... Free Preview runs from 12/25/11-01/08/12, who knows with AT&T as this is their first venture with iNDemand

... Half-season Free Preview 02/28/12-03/04/12, with $89 price

REMEMBER ------ this is NOT for AT&T, they will do what they decide to. HOWEVER ---- since the NBA more than likely got involved to get as many providers of League Pass as possible revenue sources for their to-date losses, AT&T will probably follow what TWC is doing, based on the NBA itself putting down the basic ground rules.

Keep in mind also ----- the $10 HD fee is required on your account for this package, as AT&T has said already.

60 of 181 (1,068 Views)