NBA League Pass

Scholar

Re: NBA League Pass

jbdet313 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

gregzoll_1 wrote:
Looks like they just showed up. Of course, now without a season and the fact, that our household does not watch NBA, it is one reason to not contribute to buying into it. Now, if it was NFL, it would be a different story, since the wife would be telling me to get it, to see her Bear's play.

That won't be happening anytime in the next 10 years or so.  The NFL and Direct TV have an exclusive deal going on.  Doesn't make much sense to me, but that's the way they wanted it. 

As technology has advanced, though, their "exclusivity" is showing its age. Cable got a little bone thrown to them to shut them up with the Red Zone ... at a price though. But if DirecTV has to bribe customers with free access (no matter which way you slice it across the board), they're basicaly begging people to watch. Sure, they have a certain pool of people who will come and stay with them purely for this limited time content, but if they can't reach others with similar compelling choices, their customer base shrinks.

It's just NOT the major selling point it once was.

Not only being offered free but also being offered to people with a PS3 (of course for the regular fee). But non the less, the number of people with acess continues to grow.

Message 31 of 181 (2,046 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I have noticed on the account manager channel  9910,  under add premiums there is an entry for NBA League Pass, and right below there is an entry for NBACOMP. Both have the same price, 189.00. Is there a difference between the two, and if there is not, why the two separate entries for nba league pass?

Message 32 of 181 (1,993 Views)
Scholar

NBA league pass comfirmed is on U- Verse

I have noticed that NBA League Pass has offically been added but why now when could be no season glad they added it but its to late hopefully they will bring back NHL network and add Center Ice .

Message 33 of 181 (1,944 Views)

Re: NBA league pass comfirmed is on U- Verse

Looks like we are ready for the NBA season when they sign. I'd rather have them now, and not wait untill the midnight hour aftter the contract is signed, wouldn't any NBA fan? Good job U-Verse!!

DPR

Message 34 of 181 (1,866 Views)
ACE - Professor

As the NBA owners and players have reached a tentative deal, the season is supposed to start on Christmas Day. I would assume that AT&T will be announcing the sign up procedures for NBA League Pass. I would hope that the cost would be prorated since the season will be 16 games short of a normal season.

With U-Verse being new to League Pass, it would be nice if U-Verse had a one week or so free showing of the package so that everyone could see what it is all about.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 35 of 181 (1,764 Views)
Scholar

The NBA always gives a free week of League Pass to everyone at the beginning of the season
Message 36 of 181 (1,759 Views)
Guru

AmishGuy91 wrote:
The NBA always gives a free week of League Pass to everyone at the beginning of the season

And the operator has the choice to offer it or not. Even though Comcast is part owner of iNDemand, until 2008, we didn't get the free previews of NBALP, NHLCI, or MLBEI. And my Comcast headend is one they've owned and operated since the day they strung the first cable on the poles, since they were the ones doing it ... almost 30 years ago. Smiley Surprised

I'd be extremely surprised, though, if any operator doesn't offer the free preview this year. The NBA probably has some strict orders to everyone offering League Pass this year -- including more pushing out of HD games.

Message 37 of 181 (1,697 Views)
Guru

All that remains now is to see how much the season price will be reduced with 66 games per team vs 82 (80% of their normal schedule).

Message 38 of 181 (1,672 Views)
Voyager

Brand new Uverse cust coming over from Time warner. Impressed with the u300 package and savings over cable!

Went on faith League pass were to happen and glad to see it!

On Cable the designated channels were not in the High Def area but we got 2 HD games last season.  It was an improvement from none!

With Uverse the channels are in the HD space, does this mean we get them all?  Does Fio's get all HD games in league pass?

Glad to have hoop back!

Message 39 of 181 (1,579 Views)
Guru

I know Time Warner has been pushing 9 HD feeds out for these packages in their latest channel upgrades, their crown jewel NYC system has 21 channels to share amongst the packages from iNDemand and ESPN.

Uverse has 10 channels blocked off for LP, the first is probably the "wheel" channel (as I call it) that is iNDemand's highlight channel, like how MultiView works -- I can't remember what it was called on Comcast. If Uverse is requiring the $10 HD fee each month LP is active, maybe the 9 they have reserved will be doing HD.

The burning question, for not only potential Uverse subscribers, is how much will the NBA want for the package with the shortened season. Haven't seen anything about that yet.

Message 40 of 181 (1,562 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Nalod wrote:

Brand new Uverse cust coming over from Time warner. Impressed with the u300 package and savings over cable!

Went on faith League pass were to happen and glad to see it!

On Cable the designated channels were not in the High Def area but we got 2 HD games last season.  It was an improvement from none!

With Uverse the channels are in the HD space, does this mean we get them all?  Does Fio's get all HD games in league pass?

Glad to have hoop back!

This will be the first year that U-verse offers NBA League Pass, so we don't know what games will be available.

Message 41 of 181 (1,627 Views)
Mentor

Uverse has 10 HD channels dedicated to NBA League pass.

Message 42 of 181 (1,584 Views)
Mentor

Good to see Uverse adding NBA League Pass, though I'm not a basketball fan per se. Certainly gives hope that NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings may be coming in the nearer future.

Message 43 of 181 (1,572 Views)
Voyager

The question is will they be filled with HD content. "Indemend" on my TIme warner cable also was "HD READY" but not all were streamed to those channels in HD.
Message 44 of 181 (1,536 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

I am very happy to see League Pass offered. I'd prefer them in HD but one step at a time. I'll sacrifice a few SD games as long as I get the package.

Well done U-Verse!!

Message 45 of 181 (1,507 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.