Ask a question

Posted Oct 21, 2011
2:42:04 PM
View profile
NBA League Pass

Time to start a rumor!

On the TitanTV website, the U-verse program Guide shows channels 2105 - 2114 for NBA League Pass.  Take this for whatever it is worth.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

NBA League Pass

180 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(180)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 2:58:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Not going to do much good this year since it's looking more and more like the NBA season will be cancelled or at least shortened to a 1/2 season.  Dallas can stay champs for 2  years now. Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: NBA League Pass

2 of 181 (5,443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 3:12:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Oct 21, 2011 at 3:13:19 PM

I am curious. If we actually get NBA League Pass, can a provider get NHL Center Ice without the NHL Network? I would think that  a provider would need the network channel (MLB, NHL, NBA) before the provider can get the full subscription package that goes with the network channel.

Go Cardinals!!!!!

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

[ Edited ]
3 of 181 (5,437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 3:47:29 PM
(0)
Professor

dwinth wrote:

I am curious. If we actually get NBA League Pass, can a provider get NHL Center Ice without the NHL Network? I would think that  a provider would need the network channel (MLB, NHL, NBA) before the provider can get the full subscription package that goes with the network channel.

Such a thing would be up to the discretion of the league. Obviously, NBA TV is on the U-300.

4 of 181 (5,432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 4:02:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Since there may not be much of an NBA season maybe they will offer a Pro Bowler's League Pass in it's place.Smiley Wink

5 of 181 (5,426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 5:23:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

Or Turkish League Pass so we can watch the NBA players that are actually playing basketball right now

6 of 181 (5,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 6:07:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I was thinking about that also. Broadcast the games that are being played in Europe.  the EBA League Pass.   Good idea.

7 of 181 (5,402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 6:35:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Thats the wrong #  for sports. Sports start at 600/1600 - 799/1799. The NBA already has 1632...

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

8 of 181 (5,393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 8:55:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Kong57 wrote:

Thats the wrong #  for sports. Sports start at 600/1600 - 799/1799. The NBA already has 1632...

Not enough room in that range.  There is nothing from 1932 to 2500 so there is more than enough room to have all 30 teams to have their own cannel and not interfere with any other programming.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

9 of 181 (5,373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 10:06:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

dwinth wrote:

Go Cardinals!!!!!

Yes, Time Warner Cable here in San Diego has had NHL Center Ice w/o The NHL Network for several years.

10 of 181 (5,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 10:47:43 PM
(0)
Professor

RCSMG wrote:

I was thinking about that also. Broadcast the games that are being played in Europe.  the EBA League Pass.   Good idea.

Doesn't NBA TV broadcast Euro league games? A lot of what can be broadcast from Europe may have to do with licensing rights. NBATV, ESPN, or whoever would decide to show European league games in the United States may have to barter with the European sport channels.

11 of 181 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 10:49:02 PM
(0)
Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

Kong57 wrote:

Not enough room in that range.  There is nothing from 1932 to 2500 so there is more than enough room to have all 30 teams to have their own cannel and not interfere with any other programming.

Not that you'd NEED each team to have its own channel, but that would certainly be a novel concept. Fans of the LA Lakers, NY Knicks, etc. would automatically know that their team is on whatever channel, and wouldn't have to look it up each time.

12 of 181 (2,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 11:04:06 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by kryptonite on Oct 21, 2011 at 11:04:58 PM

sharksfansd wrote:

dwinth wrote:

Yes, Time Warner Cable here in San Diego has had NHL Center Ice w/o The NHL Network for several years.

Of course, Time Warner could still have an older arrangement. For all we know, the NHL could have ideas for NHL Network.

In fact, it's on DirecTV's Choice Xtra package, which is probably somewhere between AT&T's U-200 and U-300. It used to be that the NHL was happy with placement on a Sports Pack, but this may appear to be no longer the case.

NHL Network is also given to all DirecTV subscribers who have Center Ice.

[ Edited ]
13 of 181 (2,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 7:51:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

In Dallas, these channels now appear in the Guide!

14 of 181 (2,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 9:51:22 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by bowling_255 on Oct 25, 2011 at 9:52:59 AM

I did find this if you go to change you plan on-line

With NBA LEAGUE PASS, see the games you can't see anywhere else! Catch up to 40 games a week throughout the regular season. Even if you live in one city and your team is in another, NBA LEAGUE PASS brings you all the fast breaking action. Don't miss a minute of live NBA action with NBA LEAGUE PASS! This channel requires subscription to HD Technology Fee.*

* Requires subscription to HD Technology Fee ($10/month). Blackout and other restrictions may apply. May not be available in all areas. Programming subject to change. Your first month's billing statement will reflect all taxes associated with this sports package. Package sale is non-refundable. © 2010 iN DEMAND L.L.C. All Rights Reserved. iN DEMAND is a service mark of iN DEMAND L.L.C. NBA, the NBA logo and team identifications are the exclusive property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective member teams © 2010 NBA Properties, Inc. All rights reserved.

Note: Early Bird Price will be $189

[ Edited ]
15 of 181 (2,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 11:13:59 AM
(0)
Expert

bowling_255 wrote:

* Requires subscription to HD Technology Fee ($10/month). Blackout and other restrictions may apply. May not be available in all areas. Programming subject to change. Your first month's billing statement will reflect all taxes associated with this sports package. Package sale is non-refundable. © 2010 iN DEMAND L.L.C. All Rights Reserved. iN DEMAND is a service mark of iN DEMAND L.L.C. NBA, the NBA logo and team identifications are the exclusive property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective member teams © 2010 NBA Properties, Inc. All rights reserved.

Very interesting ... they apparently got the NBA League Pass package through iN Demand networks.  iN Demand is a consortium of cable providers (Comcast, Cox, Time-Warner, and Bright House) that provide PPV and VOD services to themselves and other cable providers.  Since they're pro-cable, in the past they've refused to provide services to U-Verse, FIOS, and the satellite providers.  I guess money talks. Smiley Very Happy

16 of 181 (2,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 11:19:38 AM
(0)
Professor
Because it requires the $10 HD fee, it makes me assume that at least 1-2 channels will be for HD broadcasts.

Hopefully I'm wrong and that all games will be HD, but since it's In Demand, my confidence wavers.

17 of 181 (2,096 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 11:21:51 AM
(0)
Guru

Also adds a new perspective for those irritated with AT&T for no access to NHL Center Ice. Doesn't sound like Comcast/Time Warner/etc. and iNDemand would have a problem with giving them access, it sounds like the NHL itself is putting up a fight. Could also be the reason Time Warner -- even though a "shareholder" in INDemand -- didn't offer Center Ice in earlier years.

18 of 181 (2,094 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 11:27:06 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by SomeJoe7777 on Oct 25, 2011 at 11:27:40 AM

jbdet313 wrote:

Also adds a new perspective for those irritated with AT&T for no access to NHL Center Ice. Doesn't sound like Comcast/Time Warner/etc. and iNDemand would have a problem with giving them access, it sounds like the NHL itself is putting up a fight. Could also be the reason Time Warner -- even though a "shareholder" in INDemand -- didn't offer Center Ice in earlier years.

Yep, iN Demand can also provide NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, and MLS Direct Kick.

Oh wait, I almost forgot. Smiley Happy  Since we're getting our first out-of-market sports package, are we ... ?

[ Edited ]
19 of 181 (2,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 11:46:23 AM
(0)
Guru

I think this is coming directly from the NBA, down to iNDemand. NBA needs all the allies it can get, and additional customers ponying up now helps them make their case in negotiations. They're set to lose millions already, why not try to at least stem the bleeding by giving customers some "hope" in all of this.

I also believe that because Uverse is different than the old cable and satellite models that AT&T's been given the brush-off in these sports deals. They didn't seem to have too much problem with Verizon coming along, because they pretty much are just like the cable companies in reaching customers' homes, when it comes to infrastructure. So somehow they don't take AT&T as "seriously" as Verizon. And because Uverse is newer than FiOS. Saw the same thing happen when Ameritech brought out their Americast cable competition (now known as WOW, in IL, MI, IN, OH) to Comcast and Time Warner. Their little upstart wasn't taken seriously ... until someone noticed that those subscribers had to come from somewhere -- and that meant the previous gravy train owners.

20 of 181 (2,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 4:10:26 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by jh1978 on Oct 25, 2011 at 4:13:20 PM

If you look in your guide channels starting at 2105-2114 are dedicated to NBA League Pass, I called ATT and they confirmed once the season starts (if it does) it will available in SD and HD for 199.00.

Sorry to repeat myself from the other thread, just noticed it was closed to start this one. Anyways I did speak to a rep as stated above which is good news if/when the season starts as Ill be for sure ordering this.

[ Edited ]
21 of 181 (2,106 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 4:17:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

ATT may not be moving as fast as some people want but it is clear that they are moving.

22 of 181 (2,102 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 4:30:35 PM
(0)
Mentor

I couldnt agree more. they have the most HD channel of any provider and yes of course we would like less compression on them but with the line up and the addition of NBA League Pass (if games are in HD) Im a happy camper.

23 of 181 (2,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 6:23:40 PM
(0)
Scholar

This is awesome news!! Its a great start towards having other packages as well. Patience pays off. Thanks U-Verse.

24 of 181 (2,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 8:34:03 PM
(0)
Professor
Looks like they just showed up. Of course, now without a season and the fact, that our household does not watch NBA, it is one reason to not contribute to buying into it. Now, if it was NFL, it would be a different story, since the wife would be telling me to get it, to see her Bear's play.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

25 of 181 (2,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 9:53:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

bowling_255 wrote:

Very interesting ... they apparently got the NBA League Pass package through iN Demand networks.  iN Demand is a consortium of cable providers (Comcast, Cox, Time-Warner, and Bright House) that provide PPV and VOD services to themselves and other cable providers.  Since they're pro-cable, in the past they've refused to provide services to U-Verse, FIOS, and the satellite providers.  I guess money talks. Smiley Very Happy

This is one surprising move.  I am not interested in the NBA package, but let's hope enough "money talks" to get the NHL package this year or next (after the NHL Network issue of course).  Props to AT&T today.

26 of 181 (2,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 2:59:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

gregzoll_1 wrote:
Looks like they just showed up. Of course, now without a season and the fact, that our household does not watch NBA, it is one reason to not contribute to buying into it. Now, if it was NFL, it would be a different story, since the wife would be telling me to get it, to see her Bear's play.

That won't be happening anytime in the next 10 years or so.  The NFL and Direct TV have an exclusive deal going on.  Doesn't make much sense to me, but that's the way they wanted it. 

27 of 181 (2,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 9:06:40 AM
(0)
Guru

oufanindallas wrote:

gregzoll_1 wrote:

That won't be happening anytime in the next 10 years or so.  The NFL and Direct TV have an exclusive deal going on.  Doesn't make much sense to me, but that's the way they wanted it. 

As technology has advanced, though, their "exclusivity" is showing its age. Cable got a little bone thrown to them to shut them up with the Red Zone ... at a price though. But if DirecTV has to bribe customers with free access (no matter which way you slice it across the board), they're basicaly begging people to watch. Sure, they have a certain pool of people who will come and stay with them purely for this limited time content, but if they can't reach others with similar compelling choices, their customer base shrinks.

It's just NOT the major selling point it once was.

28 of 181 (2,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 2:08:45 PM
(0)
Guru
I just notice channel 2105-2114 are now live here in san jose, ca. But if you order NBA League Pass Today, all would you will get to watch is an deserted Abandon Basketball Court.
Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

29 of 181 (1,989 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 2:38:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

I'm not, nor will I ever be considered an NBA "fan", but what this does do is give me GREAT optimism that next April we will be seeing the same thing, but only for MLB Extra Innings.

Congrats to all NBA fans out there and I hope for you, that the lockout is settled very quick.

30 of 181 (1,983 Views)