Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Dec 1, 2013
3:49:24 AM
View profile
My work number showing up as private anonymous.
Edited by glenn2101 on Dec 1, 2013 at 5:12:31 AM

When my  work calls it shows up as Private Anonymous. I have the number programmed into my phone but still comes up like this. Is there any way to fix this?  I dont like answering  private numbers but as it right now I just have to answer and see who it it.  This is an automated system called ARCOST, no one else at work is having this problem, which is why I am thinking maybe it is a Uverse problem.

When my  work calls it shows up as Private Anonymous. I have the number programmed into my phone but still comes up like this. Is there any way to fix this?  I dont like answering  private numbers but as it right now I just have to answer and see who it it.  This is an automated system called ARCOST, no one else at work is having this problem, which is why I am thinking maybe it is a Uverse problem.

My work number showing up as private anonymous.

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 4:26:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
glenn2101 - If you get a private anonymous, you do not get a number, so you cannot program the number into the phone or U-verse to generate a proper name. You should edit out the number from your post for privacy.

You should pursue this from both ends - the caller and u-verse. Contact customercare by sending a PM using this link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
glenn2101 - If you get a private anonymous, you do not get a number, so you cannot program the number into the phone or U-verse to generate a proper name. You should edit out the number from your post for privacy.

You should pursue this from both ends - the caller and u-verse. Contact customercare by sending a PM using this link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My work number showing up as private anonymous.

2 of 7 (1,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 5:09:13 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thank you for the reply, I posted the number because all it is, is an automated system that you have to log into, that is why I posted it thought it MIGHT have something to do with it. I dont know who to ask from the other end as nobody else has this problem. And it is totally automated, everyone that deals with this system at our level doesnt know what to do, hence my question on here thinking it must be a Uverse deal. I will write the link you sent me and try that.

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply, I posted the number because all it is, is an automated system that you have to log into, that is why I posted it thought it MIGHT have something to do with it. I dont know who to ask from the other end as nobody else has this problem. And it is totally automated, everyone that deals with this system at our level doesnt know what to do, hence my question on here thinking it must be a Uverse deal. I will write the link you sent me and try that.

Thank you.

3 of 7 (1,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 5:48:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
glenn2101 - Thanks for the follow-up. Customer care should be able to help.

It being an automated system lets me speculate further. If it is a VOIP system the outgoing CID could be set for each individual record of who to call & someone did not customize yours when it was entered, There must be someone administratively responsible for running the alert system. If you cannot find a contact from the bottom up how about the top down?

Some years ago, working in an office building, an abandoned car appeared in the parking lot. I notified the building entry guard - Nothing - the building "services line" - no response - the building supervisor - car still there.

When I called the manager responsible for all buildings, he suggested each of those steps, in order, & I said "did that" to each. The car was gone the next morning.

glenn2101 - Thanks for the follow-up. Customer care should be able to help.

It being an automated system lets me speculate further. If it is a VOIP system the outgoing CID could be set for each individual record of who to call & someone did not customize yours when it was entered, There must be someone administratively responsible for running the alert system. If you cannot find a contact from the bottom up how about the top down?

Some years ago, working in an office building, an abandoned car appeared in the parking lot. I notified the building entry guard - Nothing - the building "services line" - no response - the building supervisor - car still there.

When I called the manager responsible for all buildings, he suggested each of those steps, in order, & I said "did that" to each. The car was gone the next morning.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (1,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 6:14:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Do you know anyone else that has U-voice?  If so can you have someone at your office call them to see what they get?  If they get the same thing then I would suspect that the "CNAM" database at AT&T needs to be updated.

Here is some info: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/CNAM

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Do you know anyone else that has U-voice?  If so can you have someone at your office call them to see what they get?  If they get the same thing then I would suspect that the "CNAM" database at AT&T needs to be updated.

Here is some info: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/CNAM

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

5 of 7 (996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 6:56:31 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Taylarie on Dec 1, 2013 at 7:29:21 AM

Thank you for the help, after your suggestion, I logged into the system and resubmitted my number. After doing so it let me test the number, when I did it came up like it is supposed to, whaaaalaa!!!!!! Problem fixed.

thank you.

Glenn {Personal content removed for your safety}

Thank you for the help, after your suggestion, I logged into the system and resubmitted my number. After doing so it let me test the number, when I did it came up like it is supposed to, whaaaalaa!!!!!! Problem fixed.

thank you.

Glenn {Personal content removed for your safety}

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 7:50:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Excellent!!  Glad to help!!

Excellent!!  Glad to help!!

7 of 7 (971 Views)