Helpful Links

My sony tv cannot find my uverse home network

Tutor

My sony tv cannot find my uverse home network

Everything works except My sony tv cannot find my uverse home network!

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Master

Re: My sony tv cannot find my uverse home network

What model is your Sony TV?  I have a 52XBR9 and a XBR-55HX950 and both are connected to my Uverse network and function with no issues.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11
ACE - Expert

brashid - If it is problem with the Sony check with Sony.

If you post your model number I will look up your manual.

Can yo connect cat5 instead of wireless?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
ACE - Master

aviewer wrote:
brashid - If it is problem with the Sony check with Sony.

If you post your model number I will look up your manual.

Can yo connect cat5 instead of wireless?

Some of the Sony sets such as my 52XBR9 have a wireless configuration in the menu BUT you have to have external equipment for it to function.  It is not plug and play with JUST the TV although looking in the menu and set up you would think it should work.

http://esupport.sony.com/referencebook/en/xbr9/pages/gettingstarted/networksetup03.html

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 4 of 11
Tutor

Sorry I forgot to mention model. It is "EX720". It worked fine with my home network before UVerse. Soon I got uverse it  almost stopped working. It will work suddenly one day and then nothng for months.

Message 5 of 11
Tutor

Bravia -EX720
Message 6 of 11
Tutor

No, Cause my Uverse modem is in the basement and TV is in my living room-up stair!
Message 7 of 11
ACE - Expert

brashid - Wish there were a way to show which response goes with which message. I guess you are saying no to connecting cat5. You could drill a hole in the floor. I know many people are against that.

How is your TV STB connected? If it is COAX, connect the network jack on the TV to the network jack on the STB with a cat5 cable.

If it is cat5 use the existing cable to pull another cable.

Wireless problem sounds like bad reception as opposed to bad setup - because you say it works sporadically. You can check your RG by looking in the GUI for power setting & you can try a different channel. But, you may not be successful due to TV or RG or interference from outside.

RG GUI here - http://192.168.1.254/
Message 8 of 11
Tutor

I guess I can drill a hole in my floor, but still the question is why it would not work! Because my blueray is also Wi-fi and it works fine and setting for TV is the same. Blueray works but TV don't!!! TV even pick up neighbours network and signal except mine!!!! Driving me crazy...

Message 9 of 11
Employee

Does your tv have a restore factory defaults, possible looking only for last connections setup. Have seen similar issue with gaming systems, once restored able to find new networks.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 11
Teacher

access the router at 192.168.1.254.  LAN, Wireless.  Lower the security to WAP, enter the device access code from the sticker on the side of the modem, and try again.  Some devices don't like the default security level.  Especiall older tv's, pc's, etc...

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support