Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 23, 2013
1:14:15 PM
View profile
My physical address incorrectly shows a different city; search results never accurate, how to fix?

I need to change my physical address which U-Verse is showing/using that is in a totally different city from where I live.  I have checked multiple sites and determined that my IP address shows the correct location - it's just a U-Verse problem that has not been corrected.

This erroneous location causes major problems when I search - all info is relevant to the wrong address.

I want to shop near my home, not 50 miles away. 

This incorrect location is used to respond to my searches even when I type in my specific city name to the search bar - my search parameters are ignored and the computer provides info based on the incorrect address that U-Verse has assigned.

I need to get this changed ASAP!  Please help me.

I need to change my physical address which U-Verse is showing/using that is in a totally different city from where I live.  I have checked multiple sites and determined that my IP address shows the correct location - it's just a U-Verse problem that has not been corrected.

This erroneous location causes major problems when I search - all info is relevant to the wrong address.

I want to shop near my home, not 50 miles away. 

This incorrect location is used to respond to my searches even when I type in my specific city name to the search bar - my search parameters are ignored and the computer provides info based on the incorrect address that U-Verse has assigned.

I need to get this changed ASAP!  Please help me.

My physical address incorrectly shows a different city; search results never accurate, how to fix?

9 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 5:38:34 AM
(0)
Guru
The physical address has nothing to do with your IP. The IP is registered to a certain area & is not registered specifically to your house. Go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and get your WAN IP. Then go to http://whois.net (enter your WAN IP) and see what address it's registered to.
The physical address has nothing to do with your IP. The IP is registered to a certain area & is not registered specifically to your house. Go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and get your WAN IP. Then go to http://whois.net (enter your WAN IP) and see what address it's registered to.

Re: My physical address incorrectly shows a different city; search results never accurate, how to fi

2 of 10 (996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 5:15:24 PM
(0)
Teacher
I know my IP number.

I have checked and my number is in a block that has been
assigned to AT&T in Richardson, TX.

And I don?t know a thing more than I did when I asked for
assistance.
I know my IP number.

I have checked and my number is in a block that has been
assigned to AT&T in Richardson, TX.

And I don?t know a thing more than I did when I asked for
assistance.

Re: My physical address incorrectly shows a different city; search results never accurate, how to fi

3 of 10 (983 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 5:59:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

This one gets closest to me (within 2 miles):  http://www.iplocationfinder.com/

Whois lookups for all ATT users come up for all in Richardson, TX, a change from local SBCs from before. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

This one gets closest to me (within 2 miles):  http://www.iplocationfinder.com/

Whois lookups for all ATT users come up for all in Richardson, TX, a change from local SBCs from before. Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 6:49:24 PM
(0)
Teacher
Thank you. But this info is nothing new. I know my IP # and I know it is in a block of numbers for AT&T in Richardson, TX.
This IP locator website also shows a path that indicates tukrga (this must be their way of saying Tucker, GA) but that is not
the city where I live. I live more than 30 miles away, as the crow flies.

The path above ends with sbcglobal.net

None of this info is helping me learn who is responsible for the erroneous location of my address when I search.

All responses have been pretty much the same and not one provides any assistance.
Thank you. But this info is nothing new. I know my IP # and I know it is in a block of numbers for AT&T in Richardson, TX.
This IP locator website also shows a path that indicates tukrga (this must be their way of saying Tucker, GA) but that is not
the city where I live. I live more than 30 miles away, as the crow flies.

The path above ends with sbcglobal.net

None of this info is helping me learn who is responsible for the erroneous location of my address when I search.

All responses have been pretty much the same and not one provides any assistance.

5 of 10 (954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 8:23:48 AM
(0)
Guru
Ok, while we may be trying to help, the answers to ATT-specific issues are not always known by the community of users. Please contact ATT support. This will need to go to Tier 2 and perhaps ICU.
Ok, while we may be trying to help, the answers to ATT-specific issues are not always known by the community of users. Please contact ATT support. This will need to go to Tier 2 and perhaps ICU.

6 of 10 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 5:51:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

IPgeolocation services are provided to websites by a variety of companies.  Each one has a different IP address to mapping algorithm and database.  Your search provider could be using any one of a number of IP Geolocation providers.  You'd really need to talk to that IP Geolocation provider.

Good luck.

IPgeolocation services are provided to websites by a variety of companies.  Each one has a different IP address to mapping algorithm and database.  Your search provider could be using any one of a number of IP Geolocation providers.  You'd really need to talk to that IP Geolocation provider.

Good luck.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 10 (895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 9:49:24 AM
(0)
Teacher
Thanks for taking the time to send me info.

At this point in time, I am weary of all the aggravation and am just giving
up on the whole issue. As long as I have anything AT&T I figure I just
need to suffer in silence.
Thanks for taking the time to send me info.

At this point in time, I am weary of all the aggravation and am just giving
up on the whole issue. As long as I have anything AT&T I figure I just
need to suffer in silence.

8 of 10 (883 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2016 2:58:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I notice that all the posts are old, has anyone had this problem fixed??? I have tried everything & been told by AT&T their "engineers" are working on it. I didn't have this problem with the previous company & I would think AT&T could resolve this. It is most aggravating when shopping my location always pops up 80miles from my address in CA & weather is Richardson,TX

I notice that all the posts are old, has anyone had this problem fixed??? I have tried everything & been told by AT&T their "engineers" are working on it. I didn't have this problem with the previous company & I would think AT&T could resolve this. It is most aggravating when shopping my location always pops up 80miles from my address in CA & weather is Richardson,TX

9 of 10 (140 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2016 4:06:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Lizzie1Tony2 wrote:

Could just stop geolocation in the browser, don't have it provide anything and you can just enter your zip code.  Can just check shopping, whatever in your zip code too. Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)

Lizzie1Tony2 wrote:

Could just stop geolocation in the browser, don't have it provide anything and you can just enter your zip code.  Can just check shopping, whatever in your zip code too. Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)

10 of 10 (116 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments