My high speed dsl internet is not good. Will uverse be better?

Contributor

My high speed dsl internet is not good. Will uverse be better?

My current DSL connection is not good. Last night and today, every tab just keeps loading or spinning and never getting to that page. Before sometimes it would drop, connect, then drop. I was wondering does Uverse use the same phone line to get the internet as my dsl internet uses? If it's still the same line, will there be a difference? I feel like my phone line is not that good as an internet connection feed.

Message 1 of 2
Employee

Re: My high speed dsl internet is not good. Will uverse be better?

Yes, it depends on type of service and from where....

if DSL and Uverse provides ADSL2+ (510 RG purchased, no tv available) then signal is either from same CO (central office) or closer irad but still coming into home on same drop wire.

if have DSL and Uverse is VDSL (tv service IS available) then signal is from a VRAD, still using a portion of outside plant, including drop wire.

if order Uverse and install tech finds issue with drop, will be replaced as will NID.

Most likely issue could also be inside wiring.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support