Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 5, 2014
6:22:40 PM
View profile
My high speed dsl internet is not good. Will uverse be better?

My current DSL connection is not good. Last night and today, every tab just keeps loading or spinning and never getting to that page. Before sometimes it would drop, connect, then drop. I was wondering does Uverse use the same phone line to get the internet as my dsl internet uses? If it's still the same line, will there be a difference? I feel like my phone line is not that good as an internet connection feed.

My current DSL connection is not good. Last night and today, every tab just keeps loading or spinning and never getting to that page. Before sometimes it would drop, connect, then drop. I was wondering does Uverse use the same phone line to get the internet as my dsl internet uses? If it's still the same line, will there be a difference? I feel like my phone line is not that good as an internet connection feed.

My high speed dsl internet is not good. Will uverse be better?

1 reply
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2014 11:35:28 PM
(0)
Employee
Yes, it depends on type of service and from where....

if DSL and Uverse provides ADSL2+ (510 RG purchased, no tv available) then signal is either from same CO (central office) or closer irad but still coming into home on same drop wire.

if have DSL and Uverse is VDSL (tv service IS available) then signal is from a VRAD, still using a portion of outside plant, including drop wire.

if order Uverse and install tech finds issue with drop, will be replaced as will NID.

Most likely issue could also be inside wiring.
Yes, it depends on type of service and from where....

if DSL and Uverse provides ADSL2+ (510 RG purchased, no tv available) then signal is either from same CO (central office) or closer irad but still coming into home on same drop wire.

if have DSL and Uverse is VDSL (tv service IS available) then signal is from a VRAD, still using a portion of outside plant, including drop wire.

if order Uverse and install tech finds issue with drop, will be replaced as will NID.

Most likely issue could also be inside wiring.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My high speed dsl internet is not good. Will uverse be better?

2 of 2 (115 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments