Helpful Links

My first bill payment is showing $400 online, is this normal for Uverse bundle???

My first bill payment is showing $400 online, is this normal for Uverse bundle???

I had the Uverse bundle installed on 12/30/2013. U300, A land line, and Max Plus internet. I was told I would have a $49.50 installation fee on my first bill. I do not have any detailed billing yet but when I log into MyATT it now says I owe $401.25 by 1/25/14. The sales rep said my average monthly fee plus taxes would be $153. Did I miss something here? Not trying to jump to conclusions, but is this amount normal for the first month? All I have is the original work order breakdown of the bundle monthly fee, nothing online shows up yet since the first bill hasn't be generated yet. It startled me, just wanted to make sure I haven't make a costly misjudgment. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: My first bill payment is showing $400 online, is this normal for Uverse bundle???

Your first bill is prorated so it will higher.

Read This to help you understand all your billing questions.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Employee

Re: My first bill payment is showing $400 online, is this normal for Uverse bundle???

The first bill can be unexpected.
Part of bill is prorated for current cycle plus you always pay a month in advance.
As your install was end of December, with payment near end of January.
I suspect your prorated is 3 weeks plus.......................about S115
and advance charges for 1/25 to 2/25....................................$153
Installation fee (non waived)....................................................$ 29
Activation fee............................................................................$ 49
Hsia fee $6 for current, $7 after 1/25....total...........................$ 15
Local TV fee 1.99 Jan, 2.99 Feb on..........................................$ 5
Total $366 plus taxes estimate 10% for a total bill of ........$ 402.60

Would expect future bills with fees and taxes to be around $175 to $180.
$153+ hsia $7+ local TV 2.99=$163 + taxes
Expect promotion is u300, Max plus, unlimited voip, HD fee plus 3 add TVs (total 4 TVs)

Taxes depending on area can add 10% or more to bill.

Below from fine print http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp
Promotional pricing applies to service rates only and excludes taxes, equipment fees and other charges including a $29 installation fee, $49 service activation fee, city video cost recovery fees, where applicable, and a Broadcast TV surcharge. Residential customers only. Credit restrictions may apply. Pricing, programming and features subject to change at any time without notice.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

acspringhill wrote:

I had the Uverse bundle installed on 12/30/2013. U300, A land line, and Max Plus internet. I was told I would have a $49.50 installation fee on my first bill. I do not have any detailed billing yet but when I log into MyATT it now says I owe $401.25 by 1/25/14. The sales rep said my average monthly fee plus taxes would be $153. Did I miss something here? Not trying to jump to conclusions, but is this amount normal for the first month? All I have is the original work order breakdown of the bundle monthly fee, nothing online shows up yet since the first bill hasn't be generated yet. It startled me, just wanted to make sure I haven't make a costly misjudgment. Thanks.

Given the dates you mention, it's very possible. With a due date of 1/25, your billing cycle likely starts on the 29th or 30th. That means your first month of billing would be January 29 to February 28. Your prorated month would be Dec. 30 to January 28, or almost a full month. 

$401.25 minus the $49.25 activation fee is $352. Divide that by 2, and you get about $176 a month, which would make sense for $153+taxes and fees.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support