Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 11, 2013
8:51:24 PM
View profile
My e-mail with Bellsouth.net ONLY receives Mails, unable to send out mails!
Edited by Phil-101 on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:08:48 PM

I had email with Bellsouth.net; When I switched from DSL to U-verse, I always receive Mails but cannot send out

mails; I failed to reset my mail account data with Outlook Express! Please show me how! Thanks,

[edited for privacy]

I had email with Bellsouth.net; When I switched from DSL to U-verse, I always receive Mails but cannot send out

mails; I failed to reset my mail account data with Outlook Express! Please show me how! Thanks,

[edited for privacy]

My e-mail with Bellsouth.net ONLY receives Mails, unable to send out mails!

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 4:08:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

To set up an Outlook Express email account, do the following:

1. Click the Outlook Expressicon  to open this program.
      Note:If the icon is not on your desktop, click Start and then look for the icon in your list of programs.
      The Outlook Express main page displays.
    2. Click the Set up a Mail account link.
      Note:If you do not see the Set up a Mail account link, Outlook Express has already been set up. If you would like to add another mailbox, see How to: Add an Additional Mailbox Using Outlook Express.
       The Your Name screen displays.
    3. In the Display namefield, type the name that you want to display in your outgoing email messages.

4. Click Next.
      The Internet Email Address screen displays.
      In the Email address field, type your complete email address including the domain name. For example, johnsmith@att.net.
    5. Click Next.

The Email Server Names screen displays.

6. From the My incoming mail server field, select POP3 from the drop-down list.
      In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server field, type pop.att.yahoo.com.
      In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field, type smtp.att.yahoo.com.
    7. Click Next.
      The Internet Mail Logon screen displays.
      In the Account namefield, type your account name.
      Note:This includes the letters, characters, and numbers to the left of the @ sign in your AT&T email address.

1. In the Password field, type your AT&T email password.
    Click Next.
    The Congratulations screen displays.
    Click Finish
    Click on the account that you want to change.

9.  Click on the Properties button. 

10. Click on the Servers tab.

11.  Check the Remember password checkbox and the My server requires authentication checkbox.

12.  Click on the Settings button.

13.  Select the appropriate Outgoing Mail Server settings:

14.  If your Incoming Mail Server (POP3) is set to pop.att.yahoo.com, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server
15.  If your Incoming Mail Server (POP3) is set to something other than pop.att.yahoo.com, select Log on using, enter your full AT&T Email address (including domain) and Password, and leave Remember Password checked.

16.  Click the OK button.

17.  Click on the Advanced tab.

18.  Check both boxes for Incoming and Outgoing Secure Socket Layer connections (SSL):

Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked.

Outgoing mail port #: 465, secure connection (SSL) checked.

1. Tip: Check the boxes before specifying port numbers.

2. Click OK.
  3. Click Close button. 
     All Steps Complete

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

To set up an Outlook Express email account, do the following:

1. Click the Outlook Expressicon  to open this program.
      Note:If the icon is not on your desktop, click Start and then look for the icon in your list of programs.
      The Outlook Express main page displays.
    2. Click the Set up a Mail account link.
      Note:If you do not see the Set up a Mail account link, Outlook Express has already been set up. If you would like to add another mailbox, see How to: Add an Additional Mailbox Using Outlook Express.
       The Your Name screen displays.
    3. In the Display namefield, type the name that you want to display in your outgoing email messages.

4. Click Next.
      The Internet Email Address screen displays.
      In the Email address field, type your complete email address including the domain name. For example, johnsmith@att.net.
    5. Click Next.

The Email Server Names screen displays.

6. From the My incoming mail server field, select POP3 from the drop-down list.
      In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server field, type pop.att.yahoo.com.
      In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field, type smtp.att.yahoo.com.
    7. Click Next.
      The Internet Mail Logon screen displays.
      In the Account namefield, type your account name.
      Note:This includes the letters, characters, and numbers to the left of the @ sign in your AT&T email address.

1. In the Password field, type your AT&T email password.
    Click Next.
    The Congratulations screen displays.
    Click Finish
    Click on the account that you want to change.

9.  Click on the Properties button. 

10. Click on the Servers tab.

11.  Check the Remember password checkbox and the My server requires authentication checkbox.

12.  Click on the Settings button.

13.  Select the appropriate Outgoing Mail Server settings:

14.  If your Incoming Mail Server (POP3) is set to pop.att.yahoo.com, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server
15.  If your Incoming Mail Server (POP3) is set to something other than pop.att.yahoo.com, select Log on using, enter your full AT&T Email address (including domain) and Password, and leave Remember Password checked.

16.  Click the OK button.

17.  Click on the Advanced tab.

18.  Check both boxes for Incoming and Outgoing Secure Socket Layer connections (SSL):

Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked.

Outgoing mail port #: 465, secure connection (SSL) checked.

1. Tip: Check the boxes before specifying port numbers.

2. Click OK.
  3. Click Close button. 
     All Steps Complete

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My e-mail with Bellsouth.net ONLY receives Mails, unable to send out mails!

2 of 3 (871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 12:05:12 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi naxua,

Just wanted to check in on you to see if the information BeeBeeSA provided got everything working. With your change from DSL to U-verse, the server information may have changed and the configuration settings he listed should hopefully get it going again.

Also, if you still notice problems with the smtp.att.yahoo.com, try changing it over to outbound.att.net.

You may, also want to verify your able to login to your webmail by going to mail.yahoo.com.

If you are still having issues, let us know the error you are getting, and we would be glad to help.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi naxua,

Just wanted to check in on you to see if the information BeeBeeSA provided got everything working. With your change from DSL to U-verse, the server information may have changed and the configuration settings he listed should hopefully get it going again.

Also, if you still notice problems with the smtp.att.yahoo.com, try changing it over to outbound.att.net.

You may, also want to verify your able to login to your webmail by going to mail.yahoo.com.

If you are still having issues, let us know the error you are getting, and we would be glad to help.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My e-mail with Bellsouth.net ONLY receives Mails, unable to send out mails!

3 of 3 (835 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments