Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 23, 2014
6:26:02 PM
View profile
My computer will not connect to the at&t internet
My computer has been losing the internet a couple of days again i thought i fixed it. Yet today i started work on a project and i go to google to reseach some stuff and a box shows up saying UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE PROXY SERVER. well i check if the ipod or ipad are connect which they are. yet for some wierd reason the computer is the only one that is not. i tried restarting my computer many time and well im not a computer person so i cant think of anythin elso to do! Help! oh and on the bottom right corner of my computer where the date and time thing is there this little box and different things show up like safely remove hardware...blablabla... and then i see two AT&T signs one says AT&T troubleshoot & resolve tool and the other just shows a small red wifi sign and it says not connect so i clicked on it yet nothing appears oh by the way my project is on word already and this made it unable to respond and im worried it will lose all my work! Help please!
My computer has been losing the internet a couple of days again i thought i fixed it. Yet today i started work on a project and i go to google to reseach some stuff and a box shows up saying UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE PROXY SERVER. well i check if the ipod or ipad are connect which they are. yet for some wierd reason the computer is the only one that is not. i tried restarting my computer many time and well im not a computer person so i cant think of anythin elso to do! Help! oh and on the bottom right corner of my computer where the date and time thing is there this little box and different things show up like safely remove hardware...blablabla... and then i see two AT&T signs one says AT&T troubleshoot & resolve tool and the other just shows a small red wifi sign and it says not connect so i clicked on it yet nothing appears oh by the way my project is on word already and this made it unable to respond and im worried it will lose all my work! Help please!

My computer will not connect to the at&t internet

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2014 4:52:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

If your using internet explorer try this:

Go to, Tools, Internet options, Connections, Lan settings, Remove proxy checkmark.  Also I would scan your computer using a good anti virus tool to make sure you don't have a virus.  That's what it sounds like is going on.  You can use Microsoft Security Essentails for free here:  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

If your using internet explorer try this:

Go to, Tools, Internet options, Connections, Lan settings, Remove proxy checkmark.  Also I would scan your computer using a good anti virus tool to make sure you don't have a virus.  That's what it sounds like is going on.  You can use Microsoft Security Essentails for free here:  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My computer will not connect to the at&t internet

2 of 3 (247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2014 2:03:23 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi there Marlenq,

Just checking up on your post. I'm sorry to hear that your computer isn't connecting to the internet but I noticed that Beebeesa offered some helpful suggestions to resolve this issue. Did this information help your computer connect to the internet? If not, let us know and we'll be glad to find another solution for you. Thanks! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi there Marlenq,

Just checking up on your post. I'm sorry to hear that your computer isn't connecting to the internet but I noticed that Beebeesa offered some helpful suggestions to resolve this issue. Did this information help your computer connect to the internet? If not, let us know and we'll be glad to find another solution for you. Thanks! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My computer will not connect to the at&t internet

3 of 3 (222 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments