My bill says I have a 250 gb limit.

Contributor

My bill says I have a 250 gb limit.

I would like to use a cloud back up service, but I have 1.5 terabytes worth of data. What happens if I exceed my allowance by so much in one month?

Message 1 of 12 (10,436 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: My bill says I have a 250 gb limit.

If you have U-verse HSI there are currently no limits on bandwidth per month.  Bandwidth limitations only apply to traditional or should I say legacy DSL customers.  Hope this helps.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12 (10,437 Views)
Contributor

My initial bill specifically states

AT&T wrote:

U-verse price includes 250 GB of data/mo. For more information go to att.com/internet-usage

If you can provide your source from AT&T, I would be happy to vote your answer as correct.

Message 3 of 12 (10,438 Views)
ACE - Master

Trust me I'm correct and if you don't keep checking your monthly usage.......for what I don't know.....

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 12 (10,438 Views)
ACE - Expert

Go to that web site you quoted from your 'bill', it'll tell you they are not keeping track, they can't split out the TV usage that is not counted to any limit. Smiley Wink

Chris

Message 5 of 12 (10,438 Views)
Contributor

Except I don't have TV, so there would be no TV usage. Again, I would love to believe you both. I think you both are probably smarter than I am. I just wish someone would provide a source. I did go to that website that I got my "bill" (which, I'm not at all sure why that would not to be in quotation marks... it was in fact a bill) from. Here is the information I am providing (edit: apparently my screenshot did not attach. It is a screenshot of the sentence I quoted earlierFullscreen%206%3A12%3A13%2010%3A15%20AM.jpeg) (If you would like to see it, here is a hyperlink Dropbox - Fullscreen 6:12:13 10:15 AM.jpeg) All I want is someone to provide a similar source that says it is not tracked.

Besides, your point that it could not be tracked seems particularly suspicious. Why would there ever be a feature within AT&T's website, that I as a U-Verse subscriber can access, that tracks my data usage if you were right?

Message 6 of 12 (10,438 Views)
ACE - Expert

This is what I got when I followed the links in the att.com/internet-usage page:

Note: Your usage is not yet available for display. You should not be concerned about your usage for billing purposes. AT&T will keep you informed about your data usage via email.

We have been getting this for years and have a doubt they'll figure it out any time soon. Smiley Wink

Chris

Message 7 of 12 (10,438 Views)
Community Support

Hi stltodd,

For the most part beebeesa and mibrnsurg are correct, but to be safe, it is best to take into consideration the data cap that is implemented. I too am a U-verse customer and for the past few years, every time I checked, I get the same message mibrnsurg gets. But when you signed up for the AT&T service, these guidelines were stated and could take effect any time, so even if you are not seeing it in effect now, it could happen the next day. So if you do not have U-verse service, I would think about this before getting it. If you already do, no worries. I would just continue on as they stated because as stated in our site Broadband Usage FAQs - AT&T Customer Support

What will happen if I exceed my data plan?

You will receive a notice the first time your usage exceeds your data plan and will not be billed.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 12 (10,438 Views)
ACE - Expert

There is a part in SomeJoe's Uverse Realtime that can track your usage if everything is correctly configured.  For me I just have a laptop and it tracks all my internet usage,

http://www.uverserealtime.com/ Smiley Wink

Chris

Message 9 of 12 (10,438 Views)

I'm considering switching back to Uverse from TW, but I'd like to know if they are now enforcing the 250GB limit.  I can see from TW that I've used from 190GB in some months to 630GB.  Obviously, 630GB is rare because I had to perform an online restore several times due to a HDD that was dying, but I did hit it and am concerned.  

Message 10 of 12 (9,826 Views)

AmazinglySmooth wrote:

I'm considering switching back to Uverse from TW, but I'd like to know if they are now enforcing the 250GB limit.  I can see from TW that I've used from 190GB in some months to 630GB.  Obviously, 630GB is rare because I had to perform an online restore several times due to a HDD that was dying, but I did hit it and am concerned.  

Currently AT&T is not enforcing the 250GB cap.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 11 of 12 (9,817 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

[ Edited ]

I haven't seen anything about enforcing the 250gb limit on my Uverse bill.

Message 12 of 12 (9,761 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.