Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 11, 2012
4:07:33 PM
My appointment was rescheduled and I was never told

That's one problem of many I had today.

On January 31st I scheduled an appointment for installation on February 11th for Uverse TV and Internet.  I received an email confirmation confirming my appointment time for between 9 AM and 11 AM on February 11th.

Today was the day.  I sat and waited and no one ever showed.  Around 1 pm I called AT&T to see where my tech was.  I was told that they had my appointment listed for February 17th.  I had never rescheduled it for this day.  I also never received a phone call or email notifying me of this change.  I talked to someone in sales for at least a half hour who decided to forward my issue to someone else.  That someone else never answered.  I called back and I had to go through the whole conversation again.  This guy listened to the problem and forwarded me to tech, who determined the order was changed immediately after I submitted it.  Eventually i was forwarded to someone who determined my order had been changed erroneously.  I think his name was Theodore.  He talked to dispatch or estimates or something like that (I talked to several people, it's hard to keep track of who was who).  He called me back and let me know that they apologized for the issue and that the tech would be arriving today, February 11th, sometime between 2 and 4 pm.  He said they may be a little late given the circumstances (I think our conversation took place around 2:30 pm).  I thanked him for his help.  No one ever showed up,  When I tried to call back a little after 5pm, the number was unavailable and won't be available until Monday morning.

I chatted online with someone named RaJESH for over an hour who also failed to solve my problem.  He told me that I needed to call the number (which is unavailable).  He eventually offered to change my order due date to 2/14, which I accepted because it's better than 2/17.  It still is not good enough.  AT&T messed up my order, and twice now I have been told that techs were coming today and no one ever showed up.  I want to speak to someone who can actually help me solve my problem.  Ideally I'd like the number of the local installation tech so I can ask why he/she didn't show this afternoon and when he/she plans on fulfilling our appointment.

On January 31st I scheduled an appointment for installation on February 11th for Uverse TV and Internet.  I received an email confirmation confirming my appointment time for between 9 AM and 11 AM on February 11th.

Today was the day.  I sat and waited and no one ever showed.  Around 1 pm I called AT&T to see where my tech was.  I was told that they had my appointment listed for February 17th.  I had never rescheduled it for this day.  I also never received a phone call or email notifying me of this change.  I talked to someone in sales for at least a half hour who decided to forward my issue to someone else.  That someone else never answered.  I called back and I had to go through the whole conversation again.  This guy listened to the problem and forwarded me to tech, who determined the order was changed immediately after I submitted it.  Eventually i was forwarded to someone who determined my order had been changed erroneously.  I think his name was Theodore.  He talked to dispatch or estimates or something like that (I talked to several people, it's hard to keep track of who was who).  He called me back and let me know that they apologized for the issue and that the tech would be arriving today, February 11th, sometime between 2 and 4 pm.  He said they may be a little late given the circumstances (I think our conversation took place around 2:30 pm).  I thanked him for his help.  No one ever showed up,  When I tried to call back a little after 5pm, the number was unavailable and won't be available until Monday morning.

I chatted online with someone named RaJESH for over an hour who also failed to solve my problem.  He told me that I needed to call the number (which is unavailable).  He eventually offered to change my order due date to 2/14, which I accepted because it's better than 2/17.  It still is not good enough.  AT&T messed up my order, and twice now I have been told that techs were coming today and no one ever showed up.  I want to speak to someone who can actually help me solve my problem.  Ideally I'd like the number of the local installation tech so I can ask why he/she didn't show this afternoon and when he/she plans on fulfilling our appointment.

My appointment was rescheduled and I was never told

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 4:12:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

Send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My appointment was rescheduled and I was never told

2 of 11 (939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 4:32:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks, will do.

Thanks, will do.

3 of 11 (935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 5:04:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Let us know what happens.

Let us know what happens.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2012 12:32:22 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Thank you @texasguy37!

gatormcd54 wrote:

Welcome gatormcd54 and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.

Regards,
Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Thank you @texasguy37!

gatormcd54 wrote:

Welcome gatormcd54 and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.

Regards,
Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 11 (896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 8:39:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

I sent you (Alex) my account number and info and haven't heard back yet, but I thought I'd update everyone that no one showed up for my 9 am - 11 am appointment this morning.  This is the third time no one has showed, my appointment status was lsited as "On Time" until 11 am at which point it became "Unavailable", and it looks like they rescheduled my appointment for 12/31/2036 from 8 AM - 8 PM.  I'll be sure to hold my breath for that.

Is there a reason for all of this incompetence?  Why has no one called me or emailed me with explanations?  How many times do I need to reschedule just to have no one ever arrive?  Do you realize how much of my time you have wasted at this point?

Unless I receive a satisfactory explanation and a generous offer to make it up to me, I'm done dealing with UVerse.  I'll be sure to share my frustrations with friends, family, facebook, twitter, etc. 

I sent you (Alex) my account number and info and haven't heard back yet, but I thought I'd update everyone that no one showed up for my 9 am - 11 am appointment this morning.  This is the third time no one has showed, my appointment status was lsited as "On Time" until 11 am at which point it became "Unavailable", and it looks like they rescheduled my appointment for 12/31/2036 from 8 AM - 8 PM.  I'll be sure to hold my breath for that.

Is there a reason for all of this incompetence?  Why has no one called me or emailed me with explanations?  How many times do I need to reschedule just to have no one ever arrive?  Do you realize how much of my time you have wasted at this point?

Unless I receive a satisfactory explanation and a generous offer to make it up to me, I'm done dealing with UVerse.  I'll be sure to share my frustrations with friends, family, facebook, twitter, etc. 

6 of 11 (883 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 9:01:18 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by jfw on Feb 14, 2012 at 9:01:45 AM

gatormcd54 wrote:

Have you checked your Private Message inbox (blue envelope on top right corner of page). If you read Alex's post above, he sent you an update yesterday.

gatormcd54 wrote:

Have you checked your Private Message inbox (blue envelope on top right corner of page). If you read Alex's post above, he sent you an update yesterday.

[ Edited ]
7 of 11 (878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 9:04:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, he sent me a message yesterday asking for my account info, phone number, etc. and I responded to that last night after work.  I haven't heard back from that yet, though I didn't expect to the next morning.

Yes, he sent me a message yesterday asking for my account info, phone number, etc. and I responded to that last night after work.  I haven't heard back from that yet, though I didn't expect to the next morning.

8 of 11 (870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 9:11:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

gatormcd54 wrote:

If he referred your issue to someone else at AT&T, you can expect to hear from someone within 24-48 hours.

gatormcd54 wrote:

If he referred your issue to someone else at AT&T, you can expect to hear from someone within 24-48 hours.

9 of 11 (866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2012 9:15:56 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Thanks @jfw!

gatormcd54 wrote:

I received your information this morning and replied with an update.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can help today.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible

Thanks @jfw!

gatormcd54 wrote:

I received your information this morning and replied with an update.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can help today.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible

10 of 11 (865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 2:41:54 PM
(0)
Contributor

Still happening, And if you try to talk to someone in the United States, the calls will get dropped. Of course if they put you on hold, as they did to us at least 3 times, they will always drop your call and then you have to start all over again. Too many missed appointments and dropped service calls with out any support or communication. They do not feel that it is important to contact you if they decide to drop an appointment or reschedule.  Only option may be to contact the retention department and then sign up with TIme Warner broadband and phone service.

Still happening, And if you try to talk to someone in the United States, the calls will get dropped. Of course if they put you on hold, as they did to us at least 3 times, they will always drop your call and then you have to start all over again. Too many missed appointments and dropped service calls with out any support or communication. They do not feel that it is important to contact you if they decide to drop an appointment or reschedule.  Only option may be to contact the retention department and then sign up with TIme Warner broadband and phone service.

11 of 11 (556 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments