My UVerse Horror Story

My UVerse Horror Story

My story begins in October 2013 with many many calls to ATT Technical Support. At the time, I had DSL, while I had numerous issues, speaking with either Customer Service or Technical Support was an absolute nightmare. My final call with DSL Technical Support ended with me having to purchase another modem as my DSL modem was apparently old and not functioning. So I purchased a new modem. Days later I received the new modem. Figuring I had been without service for so long, a few more days to install the new modem on the weekend would not hurt. Before I could get the new modem installed, I received notification from ATT that in order to continue service, I would need to change over to UVERSE, pay for another modem and do so immediately. So I change over, pay for another modem and wait until after 8 pm the day of my "install" to have internet. After many many calls, several hours on the phone with Technical Support, my "new" uverse modem is bad! So, they offer to send out a technician. Days later, two ATT technicians show up at my house, where they proceeed to tell me how crappy the service is with ATT how they wished it was still Bellsouth. One technician seemingly being concerned and the other one.....well he was busy downloading programs to my computer without my knowledge or consent. They finally tell me, "This is as good as it is going to get". Considering I have several accounts that are internet based, I have no alternative but to be at the ungracious mercy of the ATT god. Today, December 10, 2013, my service is down again. I have reset, rebooted, cleared the cache, stood on my head all to no avail. Contacting Customer Service/Technical Support results in another visit from the "techs" which means I have to take off from work again. Will this nightmare never end!?!?!?!

Message 1 of 18 (1,054 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My UVerse Horror Story

No Response from them as of yet. No technician again today.

Message 16 of 18 (786 Views)
ACE - Expert

When I post those links, I do normally warn people that it can day a business day or more to get a response.  They get processed first in, first out, so if you send the PM Monday morning, it will take longer than it would on Wednesday morning because of the backlog PM's from the weekend.

You should hear from them before lunch tomorrow, if not today.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 18 (780 Views)
Community Support

Hello cmcintosh1214,

We apologize about your service interruption and the recent trouble with your installation. We have received your private message and look forward to helping you restore your services and resolve any issues with your account. We replied to your private message to gather a few more details about your account.

Thank you,

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 18 (767 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.