My Smart TV no longer connects to the Internet

Tutor

My Smart TV no longer connects to the Internet

I purchased a Samsung UN46ES6500 in May and had no problem connecting the TV to my wireless network and, in turn, the Internet. Saturday evening, however, the TV can connect to the network but says that it cannot connect to the Internet. The TV is the only device that cannot connect to the Internet through my network. I tried connecting the TV directly to the modem, but the same problem occurs. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 19 (4,346 Views)
Master

Re: My Smart TV no longer connects to the Internet

See what your firmware is and post it or look for links to see if the problem is widespread.

Message 16 of 19 (4,194 Views)
Scholar

I also have a Samsung Smart TV.  Have you tried remote suppot.  Press menu and go to the support section.  Click on remote support and you will see a phone number and a code.  Call that number and ask for remote support.  When the tech comes on line give him that number and he will access your tv and fix the settings.  It is possible that you may have corrupted software and he will fix that as well.  He would be able to tell if it is an isp issue or tv issue.

Hope this helps

Message 17 of 19 (4,142 Views)
Tutor

My software version is 001016. That's all I can find right now.
Message 18 of 19 (4,094 Views)
Highlighted
Master

db821arc wrote:

I also have a Samsung Smart TV.  Have you tried remote suppot.  Press menu and go to the support section.  Click on remote support and you will see a phone number and a code.  Call that number and ask for remote support.  When the tech comes on line give him that number and he will access your tv and fix the settings.  It is possible that you may have corrupted software and he will fix that as well.  He would be able to tell if it is an isp issue or tv issue.

Hope this helps

Just confirmed this with our companies Samsung rep they can access it as long as you got internet service and re-send firmware besides diagnostics.

Message 19 of 19 (4,060 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.