My Dad is cancelling uverse but I want uverse on same address

Contributor

My Dad is cancelling uverse but I want uverse on same address

Hi guys so my Dad is cancelling uverse in about 2 days and I am wondering if I can get uverse on the same address without waiting 30 days and do I have to pay the reconnection? I am so confused right now please help thanks.

Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: My Dad is cancelling uverse but I want uverse on same address

If service is cancelled, all equipment needs to be returned.
For you...1) must be 18 or older to order service
2) must past a credit check or be required to place a security deposit up to $500
3) a new account with new account holder, no waiting period to order, no reconnection fee as not original account.
4) install may take 3-4 weeks from order date.

Any other questions, please post.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: My Dad is cancelling uverse but I want uverse on same address

shunsaku24 wrote:

Hi guys so my Dad is cancelling uverse in about 2 days and I am wondering if I can get uverse on the same address without waiting 30 days and do I have to pay the reconnection? I am so confused right now please help thanks.

Are we talking about TV and Internet? Is your Dad going with a different provider or just cancelling?

If your dad is just cancelling his service, there is no problem with you getting service in your name (subject to credit checks, as my thoughts mentioned). 

If your dad is getting different service in the house, it may be more complicated, since companies tend to use the same inside wiring to deliever their service. It is still possible, but addiitonal wiring may be neeed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support