Music Choice

Scholar

Music Choice

I noticed the channel where you can watch Music Choice on Demand. Forgot what it was called. It's basically an app, you can pick from music videos, make playlists, etc.

However, whenever I try to play a video, they are either extremely choppy or do not play at all. I don't subscribe to U-Verse Internet (They don't have the upload speeds that I need) so I'm guessing I need to subscribe to U-Verse Internet to use this properly? 

Message 1 of 17 (1,052 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Music Choice

jeremy1069fm wrote:

I noticed the channel where you can watch Music Choice on Demand. Forgot what it was called. It's basically an app, you can pick from music videos, make playlists, etc.

However, whenever I try to play a video, they are either extremely choppy or do not play at all. I don't subscribe to U-Verse Internet (They don't have the upload speeds that I need) so I'm guessing I need to subscribe to U-Verse Internet to use this properly? 

Good guess! http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/applications

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 17 (1,041 Views)
ACE - Professor

I have heard rumors that they are working on 45mbps download speed...hopefully this comes as good news to the original poster.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 17 (1,013 Views)
Tutor

Re: Music Choice: Classical channel cancelled.

I am appalled that the Classical Music choice channel was cancelled. The only other supposed "good music" channel, "light classics", is a mish-mash of brief unrelsated items,totally unsatisfying. With all of the bandwidth devoted to dozens of musical genres, you would think the u-verse  folks could find room to leave this one good listending chsnnel alone. Shame on them!

Message 4 of 17 (921 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

feldmanw wrote:

I am appalled that the Classical Music choice channel was cancelled. The only other supposed "good music" channel, "light classics", is a mish-mash of brief unrelsated items,totally unsatisfying. With all of the bandwidth devoted to dozens of musical genres, you would think the u-verse  folks could find room to leave this one good listending chsnnel alone. Shame on them!

Welcome to the forums! We hope you'll stay around a while. Smiley Happy

I wonder why they're limited to part of the offerings. U-Verse doesn't use traditional "bandwidth" like a typical TV provider, so in theory, they should be able to offer them all. In the meantime, there are other services such as Pandora and SiriusXM that may offer what you like.

Message 5 of 17 (895 Views)
ACE - Master

feldmanw wrote:

I am appalled that the Classical Music Masterpiece choice channel was cancelled. The only other supposed "good music" channel, "light classics", is a mish-mash of brief unrelsated items,totally unsatisfying. With all of the bandwidth devoted to dozens of musical genres, you would think the u-verse  folks could find room to leave this one good listending chsnnel alone. Shame on them!

Music Choice added an extra channel or two to their lineup.  There were four "overflow" channels.  "Classical Masterpiece" was one of them.  AT&T decided against keeping all four (in our area Brighthouse and Comcast added them at the end).  See this thread.

Message 6 of 17 (845 Views)
Employee

All Music Choice changes are required by the contract with MC. U-Verse did not just up and change the lineup.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 17 (823 Views)
ACE - Master

Fox Mulder wrote:

All Music Choice changes are required by the contract with MC. U-Verse did not just up and change the lineup.

Are you sure?  Did you read all of the documents in JefferMC's post?  It sounds to me, it was optional if a TV provider wanted to carry them.  In our area, Brighthouse made extra slots to carry them.  But then again, I was not at the Music Choice / AT&T negotiating table, lol. 

Message 8 of 17 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]

I know I risk getting attacked on the board by an ACE for posting this, but I still think there is no real excuse that U-Verse does not have all 50 MC channels and MC app access. I still think that U-Verse couuld have easily offered all 50, but just said "naaaaaaa" to four of them so they could stay at the 46 they've always carried. I also think it sad that even though the old contract with MC expires 12/31, it looks like a new contract was negotiated that simply kept things status quo (46 channels and NO APP), and I just don't understand why as it does not seem like MC would be expensive at all. Of course I wasn't at the negotiating table either and I am just speculating, but it seems like AT&T really didn't want to make any changes/additions for whatever reason. I guess they just don't deem MC that important, and they are probably right in the grand scheme of things since U-Verse is admittedly much more about TV than music. But that doesn't keep my from being a bit disappointed- I can't help it.  After all, I think we are the ONLY TV provider with a contract with Music Choice that does not carry the app as well.  Not adding it as part of the contract renewal is indefensible to me.  Please don't say I am unhappy with U-Verse as a whole because I am not. I don't want to be painted in that light, but I also don't want to be one of those posters that can't find any fault at all with U-Verse either.  After all, no provider is perfect, including U-Verse, and this music choice thing is one of their few faults.  

Message 9 of 17 (695 Views)
ACE - Professor

codycooper864 wrote:

I know I risk getting attacked on the board by an ACE for posting this, but I still think there is no real excuse that U-Verse does not have all 50 MC channels and MC app access. I still think that U-Verse couuld have easily offered all 50, but just said "naaaaaaa" to four of them so they could stay at the 46 they've always carried. I also think it sad that even though the old contract with MC expires 12/31, it looks like a new contract was negotiated that simply kept things status quo (46 channels and NO APP), and I just don't understand why as it does not seem like MC would be expensive at all. Of course I wasn't at the negotiating table either and I am just speculating, but it seems like AT&T really didn't want to make any changes/additions for whatever reason. I guess they just don't deem MC that important, and they are probably right in the grand scheme of things since U-Verse is admittedly much more about TV than music. But that doesn't keep my from being a bit disappointed- I can't help it.  After all, I think we are the ONLY TV provider with a contract with Music Choice that does not carry the app as well.  Not adding it as part of the contract renewal is indefensible to me.  Please don't say I am unhappy with U-Verse as a whole because I am not. I don't want to be painted in that light, but I also don't want to be one of those posters that can't find any fault at all with U-Verse either.  After all, no provider is perfect, including U-Verse, and this music choice thing is one of their few faults.  

I am with another TV provider that doesn't get access to the Music Choice app.

Message 10 of 17 (664 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

All of this discussion about a music channel and an app that does not contain any video. Who cares? Who subscribes to or even quits a television provider due to their non-video music channels and apps?

I joined U-Verse for their television content primarily and for their internet secondarily. I am sure almost all of you did the same. I gave no thought to non-video music channels and apps when I joined.

Is there anyone who joined U-Verse for Music Choice channels and apps or it's predecessor as their primary or even secondary reason?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 11 of 17 (642 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

All of this discussion about a music channel and an app that does not contain any video. Who cares? Who subscribes to or even quits a television provider due to their non-video music channels and apps?

I joined U-Verse for their television content primarily and for their internet secondarily. I am sure almost all of you did the same. I gave no thought to non-video music channels and apps when I joined.

Is there anyone who joined U-Verse for Music Choice channels and apps or it's predecessor as their primary or even secondary reason?

Same here.  I hid all those music channels YEARS ago. 

I don't get how anyone can get their panties in a wad over music (or lack thereof) via TELEVISION SERVICE. 

Hello...that's what you have radios/ipods/CDs for!  How about websites where you can stream music that you've specifically choosen if you're that picky.

Message 12 of 17 (637 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't think I gave the impression that I was planning to quit U-Verse over this. But if I did, sorry.  I do not ever intend to drop U-Verse.  I use MOG, Pandora, Vevo, You Tube, SiriusXM, Radio.com, Live365, AccuRadio, TuneIn Radio, Jango Radio, RadioPup, Slacker Radio, AOL Radio, and IHeartRadio for music/videos.  As a music lover, I would also like to use the Music Choice app too.  I don't like it when I am denied access to something that is online.  I guess I'll just have to "get over it" though.  Quite frankly, having grown up a spoiled only child from an upper middle class family, I guess I still expect to always get my way and get mad when I can't.  I need to work on that!  But just one correction if you please.  The music choice app does include the ability to watch thousands of music videos.  So it is not a completely non-video app as was suggested.

Message 13 of 17 (624 Views)
ACE - Professor

codycooper864 wrote:
I don't think I gave the impression that I was planning to quit U-Verse over this. That is all.

My post was not pertaining to you. It had to do with people in general who threaten to quit U-Verse because of a non-video music channel and/ or app.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Message 14 of 17 (622 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Your response is disrespectful. While it?s true that nobody signs on to a TV cable provider for their music service channels, it?s also true that having found one that?s enjoyable, some of us resent having it taken away. The fact that you hid those channels years ago doesn?t mean that others don?t enjoy them., And there ARE other cable providers, e.g.Comcast, which does carry the full music lineup.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 15 of 17 (578 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.