Moved my blocked site from 000webhost to a paid host, still blocked by AT&T.

Contributor

Moved my blocked site from 000webhost to a paid host, still blocked by AT&T.

After switching to AT&T internet from Charter, I noticed that my websites hosted by 000webhost were blocked. A google search showed that AT&T has been blocking these websites since a lot of phishing and spam websites are set up there because it's free. This was a big inconvenience for me, so I moved my websites over to HostGator, which is a more reputable host. The sites are up, as I can see my websites on my phone when using 4g, but I still cannot access them from my home wi-fi. What gives?

For reference, one of the sites is badisbad.com

Message 1 of 2 (524 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Moved my blocked site from 000webhost to a paid host, still blocked by AT&T.

kentlamm wrote:

After switching to AT&T internet from Charter, I noticed that my websites hosted by 000webhost were blocked. A google search showed that AT&T has been blocking these websites since a lot of phishing and spam websites are set up there because it's free. This was a big inconvenience for me, so I moved my websites over to HostGator, which is a more reputable host. The sites are up, as I can see my websites on my phone when using 4g, but I still cannot access them from my home wi-fi. What gives?

For reference, one of the sites is badisbad.com

How recently did yo umake the move?

I ask because "badisbad.com" loads instantly on my U-Verse connection here in the Chicago area.  It is possible that if you moved hosts recently that the DNS update hasn't flushed through to AT&T yet, and it could be trying to access via the old IP address.  You can test this by manually setting your DNS to Google, or some other free DNS server and see if your issues are resolved.

In the past I have seen that AT&T DNS servers are very strict about adherence to the standards.  I was helping to administer a site once, and when the DNS registration expired all other ISP's still served the site address jsut fine, but the AT&T servers would not until the DNS registration was updated and propagated thorugh the system...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (502 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.