Moved, NO SHOWS ON DVR!

Contributor

Moved, NO SHOWS ON DVR!

Just moved this weekend, transferred service and went to look for my shows, THEY ARE ALL GONE!!
I specifically asked when I called to transfer the service!!!!Grrr!!
Message 1 of 5 (297 Views)
Expert

Re: Moved, NO SHOWS ON DVR!

If you still have the original DVR that the shows were recorded on try unplugging the ac cable on the RG for 30 seconds and then reconnect it.  Afterit reboots do the same thing with the DVR.  See if the recordings show up.

Message 2 of 5 (296 Views)
Employee

Is your account number the same,if received new account (not transferred) then recordings are gone...dvr info specific to account info. If your account is the same,try unplugging three times for software update.

Is it also possible tech either factory reset or replaced DVR resulting in your issue IF account stayed same.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (269 Views)
Employee

Hello suzyQ5,

Just checking up on your post. I'm very sorry to hear that the DVR's recording disappeared but, I noticed that RCSMG and My Thoughts offered a couple suggestions that may help with this problem. As you know, the DVR stores the recordings locally on the hard drive and if you're still using the same unit I would recommend performing a reboot on your Gateway and DVR as RCSMG suggested. Feel free to let us know how everything goes! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (233 Views)
Expert

I wonder if the OP was able to get access to their recordings?

Message 5 of 5 (209 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.