Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 16, 2013
11:41:19 AM
Moved - Contract Reset and Free Receiver Lost

Hi,

I recently moved when I was three months into my contract.  AT&T told me that really nothing would be different--they would just come install it at the new place.  However, I have noticed some changes.

• My contract has been renewed effective the moving date.
  • My discounts have been extended to the new contract ending date.
  • I am now paying for a second receiver (used to be free because I am on the old U300).

AT&T was nice enough to give me the receiver free for a year, but I used to get the receiver for free before, and I really do not want to pay for it after the year is up. I looked at the original notification on the bill toward the beginning of the year, and I do not see anything regarding loosing the discount due to moving.

My question is, is this normal procedure when moving Uverse, or did something go wrong here?  The rep on the phone noted in my account that my contract can be cancelled without a fee effective the old contract ending date, but they said their system does not allow them to add back the second receiver for free.  Is there anything I can do, or am I out of luck?

Hi,

I recently moved when I was three months into my contract.  AT&T told me that really nothing would be different--they would just come install it at the new place.  However, I have noticed some changes.

• My contract has been renewed effective the moving date.
  • My discounts have been extended to the new contract ending date.
  • I am now paying for a second receiver (used to be free because I am on the old U300).

AT&T was nice enough to give me the receiver free for a year, but I used to get the receiver for free before, and I really do not want to pay for it after the year is up. I looked at the original notification on the bill toward the beginning of the year, and I do not see anything regarding loosing the discount due to moving.

My question is, is this normal procedure when moving Uverse, or did something go wrong here?  The rep on the phone noted in my account that my contract can be cancelled without a fee effective the old contract ending date, but they said their system does not allow them to add back the second receiver for free.  Is there anything I can do, or am I out of luck?

Moved - Contract Reset and Free Receiver Lost

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 5:28:51 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi firefox15,

We apologize about the inconveniences regarding your bill, but we would be glad to look into it to help assist you further with this issue. We will be sending you a private message regarding this matter and look forward to hearing back from you.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi firefox15,

We apologize about the inconveniences regarding your bill, but we would be glad to look into it to help assist you further with this issue. We will be sending you a private message regarding this matter and look forward to hearing back from you.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Moved - Contract Reset and Free Receiver Lost

2 of 5 (437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 6:23:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hi David,

Can you also adjust the date of the Internet discount to be 9/15/14 to match up with the other discounts.  I'm not sure why, but I guess that one did not make the switch over either.  Thank you!

Hi David,

Can you also adjust the date of the Internet discount to be 9/15/14 to match up with the other discounts.  I'm not sure why, but I guess that one did not make the switch over either.  Thank you!

3 of 5 (437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 11:04:06 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I pulled up your account, and it appears that someone has already contacted our billing department for your account. It appears the issue is resolved. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I pulled up your account, and it appears that someone has already contacted our billing department for your account. It appears the issue is resolved. Let us know if you have any further issues.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 11:05:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

No problem, David.  I literally just got off the phone with billing.  I believe they resolved it, although I won't be able to see it online for a day or so.  Thanks for the help!

No problem, David.  I literally just got off the phone with billing.  I believe they resolved it, although I won't be able to see it online for a day or so.  Thanks for the help!

5 of 5 (437 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments