Move my UVERSE cable box.

Contributor

Move my UVERSE cable box.

I would like to move  my uverse cable box to a room that dosn't have a phone jack.

When At&t setup my service they used both the phone jack & the Cable connection..

however the room I would like to move to dosn't have a phone jack, only a cable connection..

What are my options?

Thanks

Byron

Message 1 of 3 (430 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Move my UVERSE cable box.

bmcclung - Do you have u-verse voice?? Is the tel wall jack connected to the tel1/2 jack on the RG? What is RG model number?
The tel jack connection is probably feeding the other phones in the house. You will need to replicate that connection to feed those phones. Or, Get a wireless set & connect the base station at the RG & place the other sets at power outlets.

Do you have other TVs connected COAX? The COAX connection probably feeds the RG from the NID in addition to distributing to the other TVs. This is accomplished with a diplexer with three connections 1 - the NID - 2 - the RG - 3 - other TV location or locations via a splitter.

The way you move the RG is to disconnect that feed at the diplexer & connect the cable to the room you are moving to. To reuse the old feed leg for a TV connect it to the splitter.

You can connect an STB adjacent to the RG via cat5. It is double good if it is the DVR.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (418 Views)
Employee

Re: Move my UVERSE cable box.

Is this to move the RG, residential gateway, requiring the home run cat5 to be moved or replaced.

While probably not wanting to acknowledge, spend money....how call 1-800-288-2020 and schedule a tech visit.

An equipment move request is $149 billable charge, includes trip charge, jack, wall plate or biscuit, data cable, if needed covers replacing ends on coax, correcting coax splitter, and verify/test service.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (399 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.