Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 9, 2014
10:29:32 AM
Motorola NVG589 Cascade Router Functionality with Apple Time Capsule

I am an AT&T U-Verse subscriber. Recently I upgraded my internet to the fastest connection available through AT&T. The technician installed a Motorola Gateway NVG589 modem in our place.  I have an apple Time Capsule that I would like to use to control my entire network (bypassing the AT&T equipment).  Can someone walk me through the steps of enabling the "Cascade Router" functionality on the Motorola device.  I am getting all sorts of subnet mask issues that I do not necessarily understand.  I reached out to ATT Tech Support but they were not able to assist.

I am an AT&T U-Verse subscriber. Recently I upgraded my internet to the fastest connection available through AT&T. The technician installed a Motorola Gateway NVG589 modem in our place.  I have an apple Time Capsule that I would like to use to control my entire network (bypassing the AT&T equipment).  Can someone walk me through the steps of enabling the "Cascade Router" functionality on the Motorola device.  I am getting all sorts of subnet mask issues that I do not necessarily understand.  I reached out to ATT Tech Support but they were not able to assist.

Motorola NVG589 Cascade Router Functionality with Apple Time Capsule

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 1:52:31 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi cooper-stone,

If you are just looking to do basic browsing with the devices connected to the Apple Time Capsule, then you actually do not have to do anything special. Just have your Apple Time Capsule set to obtain an IP address from the NVG589, and it should work. If you are looking to add a device that may need special permissions, like a security camera, here is a helpful article from frostcall.

NVG589 Bridge Mode

Hope this helps.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi cooper-stone,

If you are just looking to do basic browsing with the devices connected to the Apple Time Capsule, then you actually do not have to do anything special. Just have your Apple Time Capsule set to obtain an IP address from the NVG589, and it should work. If you are looking to add a device that may need special permissions, like a security camera, here is a helpful article from frostcall.

NVG589 Bridge Mode

Hope this helps.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Motorola NVG589 Cascade Router Functionality with Apple Time Capsule

2 of 3 (22,617 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 8:25:54 AM
(0)
Voyager

Hey cooper-stone

I myself just purchased the Apple Time Capsule, Yesterday. I am looking to do exactly what you are doing. Have you figured it out? I really need some help with it. Racking my brain on this and it hurts lol 

Thank you 

Victor 

Hey cooper-stone

I myself just purchased the Apple Time Capsule, Yesterday. I am looking to do exactly what you are doing. Have you figured it out? I really need some help with it. Racking my brain on this and it hurts lol 

Thank you 

Victor 

Re: Motorola NVG589 Cascade Router Functionality with Apple Time Capsule

3 of 3 (21,448 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments