U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 16, 2013
8:19:34 PM
View profile
Motorola NVG510 will not port forward is ISP blocking ports

I have tried several hours different configurations and know how to open a port and assign the port to a device.

To no avail can the device be reached outside the network.

It is a security DVR using security cameras.

When I had DSL no problem open port 2200 and BAM it works.

I have tried port 80 21 2200 you name it, and open port check says access denied, port not seen as open.

So call level 1 support, 20 minutes blabbing with them knowing they wouldn't be able to help, they switch me to level 2 and blab with them, 20 more minutes wasted, they say level 1 should have been able to help or I can pay for some tech special support, so they transfer me back to level 1 and another 20 minutes with them and they say paid tech support can check if ports are blocked.

Now, had the service been correctly done in translations before activating this Uverse I wouldn't need to call and be shoved around tier 1 to tier 2 back to tier 1 then to paid support which was useless unless you agree to pay.

I pretty much suspect the NVG510 ports are blocked for incoming by AT&T and even a diagnostic test shows IP FAIL can't ping the gateway.

So is their way of making money, start your service block ports for you to call in to pay to open them?

I will not.

So now I will have to put my old router on top of the NVG510 and pass through to the old router and only use the NVG510 as a connection and use the router to grab the incoming to my ports.

Anyone else seem to run into this issue.

I have tried several hours different configurations and know how to open a port and assign the port to a device.

To no avail can the device be reached outside the network.

It is a security DVR using security cameras.

When I had DSL no problem open port 2200 and BAM it works.

I have tried port 80 21 2200 you name it, and open port check says access denied, port not seen as open.

So call level 1 support, 20 minutes blabbing with them knowing they wouldn't be able to help, they switch me to level 2 and blab with them, 20 more minutes wasted, they say level 1 should have been able to help or I can pay for some tech special support, so they transfer me back to level 1 and another 20 minutes with them and they say paid tech support can check if ports are blocked.

Now, had the service been correctly done in translations before activating this Uverse I wouldn't need to call and be shoved around tier 1 to tier 2 back to tier 1 then to paid support which was useless unless you agree to pay.

I pretty much suspect the NVG510 ports are blocked for incoming by AT&T and even a diagnostic test shows IP FAIL can't ping the gateway.

So is their way of making money, start your service block ports for you to call in to pay to open them?

I will not.

So now I will have to put my old router on top of the NVG510 and pass through to the old router and only use the NVG510 as a connection and use the router to grab the incoming to my ports.

Anyone else seem to run into this issue.

Motorola NVG510 will not port forward is ISP blocking ports

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2013 10:06:29 PM
(0)
Contributor
me too i have the same problem

any help

looks like i will get verision and leave att due to the bad support bad ports too!!
me too i have the same problem

any help

looks like i will get verision and leave att due to the bad support bad ports too!!

Re: Motorola NVG510 will not port forward is ISP blocking ports

2 of 4 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2013 11:42:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

There was a diagnostic issue with the NVG510 that blocked a bunch of things.  Recent update solved.  Otherwise, use the DMZ within the firewall.

There was a diagnostic issue with the NVG510 that blocked a bunch of things.  Recent update solved.  Otherwise, use the DMZ within the firewall.

3 of 4 (1,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2013 11:50:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

Where is this recent update and how to resolve?

Is there a url to download the update?

Where is this recent update and how to resolve?

Is there a url to download the update?

4 of 4 (1,342 Views)