Motorola NVG510 changed ssid by itself

Tutor

Motorola NVG510 changed ssid by itself

There were two power outages last night because of dust and thunder storms in my region. The first one was quick the power came back on before I could unplug my electronics but the second one lasted about twelve hours, after the power came back the SSID went from being att874 to moto7888 by itself and the page I get when I put my IP address is a Motorola diagnostic page rather than the att uverse diagnostics page, also all the lights are green except for the service one which stays solid red. Why did this happen and how can I get things back to normal. Also I called customer service and I was told a technician would come in six days to check the line and the modem but if the fault is at my end I have to pay a hefty price so if I can fix it myself would be better but knowing what's going on would be enough.
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Message 1 of 6 (1,039 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Motorola NVG510 changed ssid by itself

edharo94 - How could the modem change IDs to something meaningful?

Another possibility is that the wireless is fried (not coming up on your computer) and you are seeing a neighbors.

Try connecting wired.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (1,018 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

If you have a red light that means your service is down.  I would try resetting your AT&T router/modem to see if it will sync back up.  Normally a power outage will not cause any cabling issues, inside or out, so as aviewer said your modem could have gotten fried.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (1,015 Views)
ACE - Expert

Yeah, sounds to me like the RG is either failing diagnostics or has utterly lost the AT&T firmware.  Either way it appears to be in some sort of diagnostic mode.

Either way, it's time to talk to those lovely folks in Tech Support.

Message 4 of 6 (996 Views)
LND
Contributor

I have nearly the exact same experience. The only difference is that I dont recall any power outage. My ssid is same as yours and my diagnostic page has changed, just like yours. After calling ATT I was also told a tech would come out in 7 days. How many users are out there with this problem? What do we all have in common? I live in Santa Cruz, Ca. I only subscride to internet, no phone or any other services provided by ATT. I was required to switch to Uverse, didnt want to.The phone tech spoke as though he had never heard of this issue, but now Im wondering. Wjy do we both have the exact same ssid?.

By now a tech must have come out ro help with your issue... what was the diagnosis?

Thanks

Leo

Message 5 of 6 (900 Views)
Tutor

The tech said that the router lost all of at&t's firmware and thats why it wouldn't connect to the line, he simply gave me a new router free of charge and the problem was solved.Tech was at my house for about 10 minutes before internet was fully functional

Message 6 of 6 (885 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.