Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Sep 26, 2013
11:47:26 AM
Motorola NVG510 DNS issue

I have U-Verse internet with a Motorola NVG510 which is using Primary DNS 99.99.99.53 and Secondary DNS 99.99.99.153 which is hard coded into the modem by AT&T, the problem with this is that the modem will log that the DNS servers are not responding at time, which while I am not actually kicked offline ( ie, broadand & service light stay green, still connected to internet) this does cause problems with webpage at times and applications to some exstent when this happens. Since there is no way to change the DNS servers beside providing my own by changeing the tcp/ip settings in windows, and the fact that I also have a PACE 5031NV which uses different DNS servers and does not have this problem and the fact that unless I use the Motorola NVG510, I do not have IPv6 since it is not support on the PACE 5031NV. Does anyone know if there will be a fix to this problem with the DNS servers? Maybe a firmware update or something. Technical support has told me several times that since the modem is online and I can browse at the time since the problem is not existing then, that everything is fine...

I have U-Verse internet with a Motorola NVG510 which is using Primary DNS 99.99.99.53 and Secondary DNS 99.99.99.153 which is hard coded into the modem by AT&T, the problem with this is that the modem will log that the DNS servers are not responding at time, which while I am not actually kicked offline ( ie, broadand & service light stay green, still connected to internet) this does cause problems with webpage at times and applications to some exstent when this happens. Since there is no way to change the DNS servers beside providing my own by changeing the tcp/ip settings in windows, and the fact that I also have a PACE 5031NV which uses different DNS servers and does not have this problem and the fact that unless I use the Motorola NVG510, I do not have IPv6 since it is not support on the PACE 5031NV. Does anyone know if there will be a fix to this problem with the DNS servers? Maybe a firmware update or something. Technical support has told me several times that since the modem is online and I can browse at the time since the problem is not existing then, that everything is fine...

Motorola NVG510 DNS issue

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2013 3:42:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Check this and see if it might help out: http://www.ron-berman.com/2011/11/24/motorola-nvg510-help-page-for-att-u-verse-users/

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Motorola NVG510 DNS issue

2 of 2 (2,576 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments