07-31-2013 11:39 AM
07-31-2013 1:25 PM
07-31-2013 1:41 PM
08-01-2013 5:22 PM
my thoughts wrote:
At this point in time not really your decision,
1) do you have Uverse TV service.....the 589 is only for those with TV service (leased)
2) are you on an inid....inid were available in 2010, a five year old modem would not be inid with i38HG......NO
3) are you using a 3801 RG (single pair) with ongoing service issues...if no problems no need for newer RG
4) are you currently able to order new higher internet speeds (bonded pair)....if no current RG is acceptable
5) as newer RG are limited supply in each market a simply desire is not reason to swap...as supply increase 2014
Such requests may be honored but the current 3800 and 3801 are not going away and will be used in the near future
For those profiles (lower internet speeds), close distance to VRAD, that seems to describe your current situation and RG.
6) if internet only purchased 3600 RG you may purchase the newer Pace 5031 ($100) at any time to replace your old RG.
I have a question concerning your statement 4. I am on a bonded pair Inid with the 138HG router. I just noticed yesterday that I can now upgrade to 24 GB Turbo, I wasn't able to in the past.
does that mean if I order it will I receive the new RG?
It also appears that I can now also order wireless TV receivers that previously I couldn't upgrade to.
08-01-2013 10:02 PM
08-02-2013 12:39 PM
I honestly didn't think this would work until I tried it, but if you want 802.11n, just buy an N router and connect it to your gateway with a physical link - i.e. network cable. The network is faster than what you can get on 802.11n, and will, therefore, provide as fast a wi-fi signal as your router can provide. I've done the same thing, and, although the wi-fi signal is a helluva lot faster than what I could get directly from the gateway, it's not full 802.11n - but from what I've read no one gets full speed.
And, speaking of the gateway, the number of dropouts my wife has experienced lately with our third gateway in six months, is one of the reasons I was prompted to try the extra router.
Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!