Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 25, 2013
2:16:17 PM
View profile
Model Number IPN330 can i buy a used box?

I see a few used uverse boxes for sale on ebay. Can I buy these and use them or is it better to rent from AT&T?

I see a few used uverse boxes for sale on ebay. Can I buy these and use them or is it better to rent from AT&T?

Model Number IPN330 can i buy a used box?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 2:24:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can buy them on eBay, but:

1) They remain the property of AT&T and should have been returned by the seller when they were through renting them,

2) AT&T will likely not activate a box that you did not recieve directly from then, and

3) They're going to charge you the $7/month rental per set top even if you talked them in to activating one they didn't give you.

I think I'd ask AT&T to send you one.

You can buy them on eBay, but:

1) They remain the property of AT&T and should have been returned by the seller when they were through renting them,

2) AT&T will likely not activate a box that you did not recieve directly from then, and

3) They're going to charge you the $7/month rental per set top even if you talked them in to activating one they didn't give you.

I think I'd ask AT&T to send you one.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Model Number IPN330 can i buy a used box?

2 of 4 (341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 3:28:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Or if you buy it and AT&T won't activate it all you have is a door stop.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Or if you buy it and AT&T won't activate it all you have is a door stop.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 8:01:21 PM
(0)
Employee
Usages for used receiver, door stop, paper weight, get 2 andhave matching bookends, a dozen with a large 45 lb ball have a bowling tournament, many other uses (examples from 101 uses fora dead cat)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/101_Uses_for_a_Dead_Cat

But as a means to bypass uverse $7 monthly fee, only if TV has no electricity.
Usages for used receiver, door stop, paper weight, get 2 andhave matching bookends, a dozen with a large 45 lb ball have a bowling tournament, many other uses (examples from 101 uses fora dead cat)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/101_Uses_for_a_Dead_Cat

But as a means to bypass uverse $7 monthly fee, only if TV has no electricity.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (306 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments