Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 10, 2013
1:59:52 PM
Mind - Bogglingly worse than comcast

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I am blown away.  I have home phone service from at&t.  Recently, fed up with the service and performance I receive from comcast, I decided to take the cut in broadband speed to switch to AT&T for internet and and TV.  I made it very clear many many times that i needed to maintain my phone service as-is because I cannot have VoIP for my job.  

The technician came yesterday, hooked everything up.  I go to use my phone for work this morning... no dial tone.  I CANNOT be without my phone.  This is seriously jeopardizing my employment.  So fast forward to now, I have spent most of the day on the phone.  I have been escalated, and I always get a recording calling me back telling me too bad.  The last call I actually had a woman blatantly lie to me and tell me my ticket was expedited, and that I was next on the list to get a technician out.

What it boils down to is that, if you ever wonder if anyone is worse than comcast, the answer is yes.  I didn't think it was possible, but AT&T is worse than comcast.  This is absolutely without exception the worst experience I have ever had with any company.

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I am blown away.  I have home phone service from at&t.  Recently, fed up with the service and performance I receive from comcast, I decided to take the cut in broadband speed to switch to AT&T for internet and and TV.  I made it very clear many many times that i needed to maintain my phone service as-is because I cannot have VoIP for my job.  

The technician came yesterday, hooked everything up.  I go to use my phone for work this morning... no dial tone.  I CANNOT be without my phone.  This is seriously jeopardizing my employment.  So fast forward to now, I have spent most of the day on the phone.  I have been escalated, and I always get a recording calling me back telling me too bad.  The last call I actually had a woman blatantly lie to me and tell me my ticket was expedited, and that I was next on the list to get a technician out.

What it boils down to is that, if you ever wonder if anyone is worse than comcast, the answer is yes.  I didn't think it was possible, but AT&T is worse than comcast.  This is absolutely without exception the worst experience I have ever had with any company.

Mind - Bogglingly worse than comcast

13 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 2:28:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jul 10, 2013 at 2:30:51 PM

Kucerakov wrote:

I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

As far as being better or worse than Comcrud, I will say U-Verse wins, hands down.  No "prime time" internet slow downs.  The ability to record 4 shows at once and watch them anywhere and more viewwing options makes U-Verse an easy winner. 

Kucerakov wrote:

I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

As far as being better or worse than Comcrud, I will say U-Verse wins, hands down.  No "prime time" internet slow downs.  The ability to record 4 shows at once and watch them anywhere and more viewwing options makes U-Verse an easy winner. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Mind - Bogglingly worse than comcast

[ Edited ]
2 of 14 (995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 2:34:05 PM
(0)
Employee
Sorry to hear about your experience, were the phones working before the tech left? What RG do you have? Did the tech leave his call back number?

My thoughts phone working at completion of install....
POTS service needs a jumper installed, if phones were working at completion of job on POTS something changed most likely outside,
If transfer phone to VOIP, working at completion possible bad RG port would need RG replaced. If voip is not desired need work ticket to restore POTS expect 5-10 business days (up to 14 days with weekend)

If phones not tested or not working at completion of install suspect jumper never placed to provide POTS on uverse VDSL.

If pots line working at completion of install but work order was for transfer to voip and inform tech, tech did not transfer phones but if did not cancel (remove) from order then your pots line was turned off.

Best bet if tech left a call back number, call direct and ask for a return visit, needs manager approval, and techs days off can very do not work standard weeks.

If no number then 1-800-288-2020 demand a dispatch to resolve will give four hour window if openings exist, the ideal is to respond within 24 hours, but requests made early enough in day can get 4-8 pm dispatch. Best to you, please post on resolution or if can offer further support

Note: I am a premise tech who volunteers on my own time to assist based on training, work experience and knowledge shared through forums like this.
Sorry to hear about your experience, were the phones working before the tech left? What RG do you have? Did the tech leave his call back number?

My thoughts phone working at completion of install....
POTS service needs a jumper installed, if phones were working at completion of job on POTS something changed most likely outside,
If transfer phone to VOIP, working at completion possible bad RG port would need RG replaced. If voip is not desired need work ticket to restore POTS expect 5-10 business days (up to 14 days with weekend)

If phones not tested or not working at completion of install suspect jumper never placed to provide POTS on uverse VDSL.

If pots line working at completion of install but work order was for transfer to voip and inform tech, tech did not transfer phones but if did not cancel (remove) from order then your pots line was turned off.

Best bet if tech left a call back number, call direct and ask for a return visit, needs manager approval, and techs days off can very do not work standard weeks.

If no number then 1-800-288-2020 demand a dispatch to resolve will give four hour window if openings exist, the ideal is to respond within 24 hours, but requests made early enough in day can get 4-8 pm dispatch. Best to you, please post on resolution or if can offer further support

Note: I am a premise tech who volunteers on my own time to assist based on training, work experience and knowledge shared through forums like this.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 14 (993 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 6:23:00 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 10, 2013 at 7:32:54 PM

As far as I know the phones were working before he left but I have no idea.  I did not need it until work the next morning.  As I stated above I specifically, clearly, and repeatedly informed them that I cannot switch to VoIP and that I must maintain my existing land line.  I got an appointment for tomorrow between 4 and 8.  If this is not fixed very quickly I will likely lose my job or my promotion. I will already be informing everyone I work with to NEVER get AT&T EVER.  I spent the entire day on the phone.  I was escalated multiple times only to have a recording tell me that my case would not be expedited, they were too busy to come fix what they broke.  I called the tech, he said he was going to call some poeple.  Never called back.  I spoke with several managers, all claiming they would call back.  Not one did.  And as I said before, the last person I spoke with who was supposed to be customer service, was exceedingly short, derisive, disrespectful and dismissive, and she BLATANTLY LIED to me telling me that I was next on the list and a tech would be here today.  Comcrud one reply said?  Sadly, that is accurate, and they are still better than AT&T.  This is, without compare, the absolute worst experience I have ever had with a company.  I work my dream job and now it is in jeopardy thanks to the incompetence and disregard of this company.  I did get a new job today. And that is telling as many people as I possibly can to avoid AT&T like the plague.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

As far as I know the phones were working before he left but I have no idea.  I did not need it until work the next morning.  As I stated above I specifically, clearly, and repeatedly informed them that I cannot switch to VoIP and that I must maintain my existing land line.  I got an appointment for tomorrow between 4 and 8.  If this is not fixed very quickly I will likely lose my job or my promotion. I will already be informing everyone I work with to NEVER get AT&T EVER.  I spent the entire day on the phone.  I was escalated multiple times only to have a recording tell me that my case would not be expedited, they were too busy to come fix what they broke.  I called the tech, he said he was going to call some poeple.  Never called back.  I spoke with several managers, all claiming they would call back.  Not one did.  And as I said before, the last person I spoke with who was supposed to be customer service, was exceedingly short, derisive, disrespectful and dismissive, and she BLATANTLY LIED to me telling me that I was next on the list and a tech would be here today.  Comcrud one reply said?  Sadly, that is accurate, and they are still better than AT&T.  This is, without compare, the absolute worst experience I have ever had with a company.  I work my dream job and now it is in jeopardy thanks to the incompetence and disregard of this company.  I did get a new job today. And that is telling as many people as I possibly can to avoid AT&T like the plague.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
4 of 14 (958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 4:54:39 AM
(0)
Master

Not to belittle the "jeopardy" of your job, but it would seem to me that if a correct install was critical to your work that you should have been a little more prudent and checked when the tech was finished installing your service to verify that one, it was exactly what you ordered, and two, that it was functioning correctly, instead of waiting until the next day to see if your phone works.

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you within a couple days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.List Private Messages

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not to belittle the "jeopardy" of your job, but it would seem to me that if a correct install was critical to your work that you should have been a little more prudent and checked when the tech was finished installing your service to verify that one, it was exactly what you ordered, and two, that it was functioning correctly, instead of waiting until the next day to see if your phone works.

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you within a couple days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.List Private Messages

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

5 of 14 (916 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 8:46:43 AM
(0)
Community Support

Kucerakov, I'm so sorry to hear of the difficulties you're having. Do you still need help? Send us a Private Message here with your full name, account number, contact information and one of our managers will be in touch to try to help. 

Again, we deeply apologize for your frustration. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Kucerakov, I'm so sorry to hear of the difficulties you're having. Do you still need help? Send us a Private Message here with your full name, account number, contact information and one of our managers will be in touch to try to help. 

Again, we deeply apologize for your frustration. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 14 (888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 1:45:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

So, not to belittle my jeopardy, but here let me belittle you.  Classy.  Yeah, I grant you, I should have totally checked all of the things his activity had nothing to do with after he left.  You know, now that I think of it, I forgot to make sure my electricity and toilet still worked.  The install was not for the phone.  The phone line was already installed.  I did however, check the TV and internet that his visit was supposed to affect.  They worked.  I will grant you that it was foolish of me to just expect them to do their job properly and not touch anything else.  Ooooooh the little blue envelope?  I had no idea.  But hey, thanks for not belittling me.

Am I still having a problem?  Well, I am now 42 minutes into the 4 hour window of the repair, and I have not received a call yet.  I'll let you know if they show up.

I already sent a private message.  Hey, crazy, huh?  No response.

So, not to belittle my jeopardy, but here let me belittle you.  Classy.  Yeah, I grant you, I should have totally checked all of the things his activity had nothing to do with after he left.  You know, now that I think of it, I forgot to make sure my electricity and toilet still worked.  The install was not for the phone.  The phone line was already installed.  I did however, check the TV and internet that his visit was supposed to affect.  They worked.  I will grant you that it was foolish of me to just expect them to do their job properly and not touch anything else.  Ooooooh the little blue envelope?  I had no idea.  But hey, thanks for not belittling me.

Am I still having a problem?  Well, I am now 42 minutes into the 4 hour window of the repair, and I have not received a call yet.  I'll let you know if they show up.

I already sent a private message.  Hey, crazy, huh?  No response.

7 of 14 (856 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 1:55:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by americangame on Jul 11, 2013 at 2:03:28 PM

When someone messes with your plumming you should check that the sink and toilet still work. 

When someone re-routes power through your house in a different way, you should check to see that the electricity in your house is working properly. 

U-Verse is VDSL on steroids. It comes into most people's houses via the phone lines. So when an installer does so and you require a landline, then you should consider checking that out before he leaves the premises.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

When someone messes with your plumming you should check that the sink and toilet still work. 

When someone re-routes power through your house in a different way, you should check to see that the electricity in your house is working properly. 

U-Verse is VDSL on steroids. It comes into most people's houses via the phone lines. So when an installer does so and you require a landline, then you should consider checking that out before he leaves the premises.

-------

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
8 of 14 (846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 3:21:36 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Kucerakov,

We received your private messages and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi Kucerakov,

We received your private messages and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

9 of 14 (819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 5:15:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

Exactly how are you being of any assistance telling me what I SHOULD HAVE done?  Why did either of you even post?  Troll away.

Exactly how are you being of any assistance telling me what I SHOULD HAVE done?  Why did either of you even post?  Troll away.

10 of 14 (803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 5:16:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

Nobody has reached out to me and the technician did not show up at the scheduled time.  The window has passed.

Nobody has reached out to me and the technician did not show up at the scheduled time.  The window has passed.

11 of 14 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 5:28:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by americangame on Jul 11, 2013 at 5:29:30 PM

Kucerakov wrote:

Hindsight is one of my superpowers and you're attacking everyone that is trying to help you.

Also, reaching out to you shortly doesn't mean that they have immediately reached out to you. Since it is most likely after buisness hours for your local AT&T tech office I would expect them to reach out to you sometime tomorrow.

-------

Kucerakov wrote:

Hindsight is one of my superpowers and you're attacking everyone that is trying to help you.

Also, reaching out to you shortly doesn't mean that they have immediately reached out to you. Since it is most likely after buisness hours for your local AT&T tech office I would expect them to reach out to you sometime tomorrow.

-------

[ Edited ]
12 of 14 (797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 6:33:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

Who did I attack who was trying to help me?  The person who told me what I should have done, then insulted my intelligence, or you, who only told me what I should have done?  If your only input is to offer a suggestion to private message, that someone gave two hours before, or tell me what I should have done, you're not really helping, are you?  You were helpful though, I admit, because you told me why I should have done what I should have done.  Thanks!  It was well before the close of business, this thread started the day before yesterday.  Just buzz off Captain Hindsight, everyone is already super impressed.

Who did I attack who was trying to help me?  The person who told me what I should have done, then insulted my intelligence, or you, who only told me what I should have done?  If your only input is to offer a suggestion to private message, that someone gave two hours before, or tell me what I should have done, you're not really helping, are you?  You were helpful though, I admit, because you told me why I should have done what I should have done.  Thanks!  It was well before the close of business, this thread started the day before yesterday.  Just buzz off Captain Hindsight, everyone is already super impressed.

13 of 14 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 7:38:30 PM
(0)

Hello Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Hello Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

14 of 14 (762 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments