Microsoft Outlook

Contributor

Microsoft Outlook

We had U-verse DSL installed last Tuesday. The internet was easy, setting up our emails was a problem. When I tried to set up our emails using Microsoft Outlook 2007 I could receive but not send. I called tech support and the person I talked to worked at it and finally got it to work. I checked my wife's email and it would receive but not send like mine did at first. I called support again and was told they do not support Microsoft Outlook I would have to go through Connect Tech for a fee. I explained the gentleman I talked to before fixed my email problem, I was told he was not supposed to since they do not support Microsoft Outlook I would need to call Connect Tech.

I checked the on line forum and leaned that sevral other people have the same problem some have used Connect Tech for a fee, they unbloced port 25 and it still not work but they still had to pay them.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it? How?

Message 1 of 18 (8,210 Views)

Re: Microsoft Outlook

dinglesby wrote:

You are correct.  They do not support any mail client but Yahoo which may be a partner of AT&T and they want everything going through yahoo.  Their are instructions with in the yahoo mail to set up other e-mail clients.  I had no problem setting up Outlook by following those directions.

I have my main email as hotmail and secondary as Yahoo and I can send and recieve both through Outlook.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 16 of 18 (6,828 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Foget microsoft outlook. You can view, import, export any formatted as .MSG, .OST, .EML, Winmail and even .MHT files. outlook mail by using third party soft like pst viewer pro from encryptomatic LLC. This application ability to send, receive and convert and encrypt your mail.

Message 17 of 18 (4,862 Views)
Contributor

Thank you whoever you are - I have been trying for 6 weeks to get Outlook 2007 operational -  spent 2  hours on AT&T chat line this morning and still didn't work - went through "change email" versus selecting "new" email.  Caren C

Message 18 of 18 (1,473 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.