Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 11, 2013
7:48:50 PM
View profile
Memorable Entertainment TV - METV

I just switched from Xfinity, but I can't get my favorite shows on AT&T's U-verse.  I miss "Perry Mason," "Murder She Wrote," and "The Untouchables."  I'm not saving enough money with AT&T to forgo my favorite shows.  Are you planning to get ME TV anytime soon?

I just switched from Xfinity, but I can't get my favorite shows on AT&T's U-verse.  I miss "Perry Mason," "Murder She Wrote," and "The Untouchables."  I'm not saving enough money with AT&T to forgo my favorite shows.  Are you planning to get ME TV anytime soon?

Memorable Entertainment TV - METV

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 9:54:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Oct 11, 2013 at 10:12:34 PM

GinnyAlbert wrote:

ME-TV is not available in every area that carries U-Verse. Here is an undated list where ME-TV can be found on U-Verse. My understanding is with time, ME-TV will be on U-Verse in every area where one can subscribe to U-Verse.

http://metvnetwork.com/att-uverse.php

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

GinnyAlbert wrote:

ME-TV is not available in every area that carries U-Verse. Here is an undated list where ME-TV can be found on U-Verse. My understanding is with time, ME-TV will be on U-Verse in every area where one can subscribe to U-Verse.

http://metvnetwork.com/att-uverse.php

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Memorable Entertainment TV - METV

[ Edited ]
2 of 15 (1,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 4:30:59 PM
(0)
Scholar
They are slow as molasses in January at adding MeTV in my market. I imagine the apocalypse will probably occur before it happens.
They are slow as molasses in January at adding MeTV in my market. I imagine the apocalypse will probably occur before it happens.

3 of 15 (1,054 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 6:35:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I've had MeTV for quite a while. It's on channel 47 here in DFW area.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I've had MeTV for quite a while. It's on channel 47 here in DFW area.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 15 (1,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 11:23:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

codycooper864 wrote:

As discussed in another thread, MeTV in some markets is carried on channel 136 by U-Verse as a "National" channel.  In some markets, it is a broadcast channel and is carried on U-Verse (like Dallas's channel 47) while another circumstance is that it is carried on Digital TV subchannels of a "main" broadcast  station, as done in Indianapolis (WTHR 13.2).  U-Verse normally does not carry these.  SO, the last group has to be negotiated with individually and that may be a year or two extra depending on when renegotiation falls, for it to appear on 136 and what if WTHR refuses?

codycooper864 wrote:

As discussed in another thread, MeTV in some markets is carried on channel 136 by U-Verse as a "National" channel.  In some markets, it is a broadcast channel and is carried on U-Verse (like Dallas's channel 47) while another circumstance is that it is carried on Digital TV subchannels of a "main" broadcast  station, as done in Indianapolis (WTHR 13.2).  U-Verse normally does not carry these.  SO, the last group has to be negotiated with individually and that may be a year or two extra depending on when renegotiation falls, for it to appear on 136 and what if WTHR refuses?

5 of 15 (996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 5:46:29 AM
(0)
Scholar

Get an antenna. 

Get an antenna. 

6 of 15 (973 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 8:36:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Oct 14, 2013 at 8:36:45 AM

blujacket wrote:

Get an antenna. 

....and how do you integrate that with the U-Verse DVR? Can you come over and climb up on the roof for me?  I thought that "rethink possible," meant fewer hoops to jump through?

blujacket wrote:

Get an antenna. 

....and how do you integrate that with the U-Verse DVR? Can you come over and climb up on the roof for me?  I thought that "rethink possible," meant fewer hoops to jump through?

[ Edited ]
7 of 15 (957 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 9:18:39 AM
(0)
Scholar

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Get an antenna. 

rabbit ears will pick up your local station. you won't be able to record, but would be able to watch the channel. 

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Get an antenna. 

rabbit ears will pick up your local station. you won't be able to record, but would be able to watch the channel. 

8 of 15 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 10:04:39 AM
(0)
Scholar
I will never ever ever ever get an antenna. I should not have to take on that additional expense. And they are so 1970s. U-verse should be providing me with this channel. No excuses.
I will never ever ever ever get an antenna. I should not have to take on that additional expense. And they are so 1970s. U-verse should be providing me with this channel. No excuses.

9 of 15 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 11:33:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

blujacket wrote:

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Get an antenna. 

You live in Indianapolis?  I only live 12 miles from the WTHR tower and rabbit ears will not get either of my VHF-High band stations, with any kind of reliability.  I've tried amplified and non - none get WISH TV Channel 8 (RF 9) nor WTHR 13 (RF 13).  I also have two close in FM powerhouses that put second harmonics right in the TV RF channel 9 and 13 bandwidth.  That degrades the signal, even more.   It would be much better if all of the Indy TV stations were broadcasting in UHF but they don't.  I can't afford a multi band yagi, in the attic, with a preamp.  Then holes must be drilled and so on.  I just hope that AT&T has a paradigm shift away from the hard no DTV subchannel stance.

blujacket wrote:

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Get an antenna. 

You live in Indianapolis?  I only live 12 miles from the WTHR tower and rabbit ears will not get either of my VHF-High band stations, with any kind of reliability.  I've tried amplified and non - none get WISH TV Channel 8 (RF 9) nor WTHR 13 (RF 13).  I also have two close in FM powerhouses that put second harmonics right in the TV RF channel 9 and 13 bandwidth.  That degrades the signal, even more.   It would be much better if all of the Indy TV stations were broadcasting in UHF but they don't.  I can't afford a multi band yagi, in the attic, with a preamp.  Then holes must be drilled and so on.  I just hope that AT&T has a paradigm shift away from the hard no DTV subchannel stance.

10 of 15 (916 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 3:19:58 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by blujacket on Oct 14, 2013 at 3:21:06 PM

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Get an antenna. 

I live in Dayton. I use a 2x4 and coat hangers and pull in the Cincinnati METV feed along with all the other Cincinnati locals.

http://www.current.org/wp-content/themes/current/archive-site/ptv/ptv0821make.pdf

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Get an antenna. 

I live in Dayton. I use a 2x4 and coat hangers and pull in the Cincinnati METV feed along with all the other Cincinnati locals.

http://www.current.org/wp-content/themes/current/archive-site/ptv/ptv0821make.pdf

[ Edited ]
11 of 15 (899 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 4:53:57 PM
(0)
Scholar
Goody for you. I haven't had an antenna since I first got cable TV in 1982 and I am not going to start now because of U-Verse's lack of sense in not providing all local options .
Goody for you. I haven't had an antenna since I first got cable TV in 1982 and I am not going to start now because of U-Verse's lack of sense in not providing all local options .

12 of 15 (876 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 6:17:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Oct 14, 2013 at 6:19:53 PM

You certainly do not have to spend a few bucks to get an OTA antenna, if you do not want to. You can continue to not watch any free local broadcast channels that U-verse does not carry that you could pick up with an OTA antenna and continue to complain about it on the forum. Life is full of choices.

You certainly do not have to spend a few bucks to get an OTA antenna, if you do not want to. You can continue to not watch any free local broadcast channels that U-verse does not carry that you could pick up with an OTA antenna and continue to complain about it on the forum. Life is full of choices.

[ Edited ]
13 of 15 (865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 6:59:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

"Tis better to buy a cheap antenna than to curse the lack of channels."

Didn't someone wise say that?....Oh, that would be ME!

"Tis better to buy a cheap antenna than to curse the lack of channels."

Didn't someone wise say that?....Oh, that would be ME!

14 of 15 (853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 10:04:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

blujacket wrote:

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Get an antenna. 

Thanks.  That is a multi-bay antenna primarily for UHF signals.  Does it pull in WKRC-12?  All Cincy stations except WKRC broadcast in the UHF spectrum.  That type of antenna  won't get my local WTHR 13.2  *NeTV).  I need a VHF-Hi yagi for that. 

blujacket wrote:

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

dhascall wrote:

blujacket wrote:

Get an antenna. 

Thanks.  That is a multi-bay antenna primarily for UHF signals.  Does it pull in WKRC-12?  All Cincy stations except WKRC broadcast in the UHF spectrum.  That type of antenna  won't get my local WTHR 13.2  *NeTV).  I need a VHF-Hi yagi for that. 

15 of 15 (809 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments