Media Share and Mac

Tutor

Media Share and Mac

Anything out there that lets me pull from my Mac for Media Share on Uverse or is Windows the only way?

Message 1 of 6 (487 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Media Share and Mac

dswalins - Can you be more specific on what you want to do? My mac mini is connected to my TV Via HDMI. I can view anything in the Mac on the TV. The TV is the monitor. Especially nice for streamed video at full screen display.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (485 Views)
Tutor

Right. I have my mini connected to the TV in my media room. But uverse offers a feature that allows you to share pictures to the various set top boxes through Media Share. It's probably a proprietary feature of MS but hoping there's someting available that allows me to do it through my Mac.

Message 3 of 6 (477 Views)
ACE - Expert

dswalins -
It does appear to be only for PC - http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/Media_Share_QSG_for_Vista.pdf

I believe there is apple systems to share media around apple devices. If you just want to send pictures from the mac mini to more TVs & you can run cable & you are willing to buy equipment - check this out - HDMI from the mac mini to each TV - http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-HDMI-1x2-Splitter-v13b.asp?ad_source=GoogleAdWords&ad_medium=PPC&ad_t...
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (471 Views)
Tutor

Yes, I can use various methods for distributing video to my TV's. I was just looking to see if Uverse could be used to do so. It's unfortunate they support a proprietary way to grab video and images for use in display. I'd like to think they'd fix that and move to one of the many ways to expose data like that.

Message 5 of 6 (459 Views)
Highlighted
Master

I found years ago it is easier to get an Apple TV to sling whatever I want from my Mac to the TV.

Besides doing other things its nice to be able to mirror late iOS and Mac's to the TV wirelessly.

Message 6 of 6 (436 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.