Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 13, 2014
7:04:28 AM
View profile
MeTV in the Columbus Ohio aera

I thought I would let everyone here know that I contacted Metv and this is the response I got. 

Hi Ernest,

MeTV forwarded your email to me to reply. Here in the Columbus, Ohio market, AT&T has told us that they don’t have an available channel to add our 4.2 MeTV programming to their line-up. Of course NBC4 would LOVE to have MeTV on the AT&T line-up, but we can’t force it. It is available to them at any time.

Thanks for your email and your interest in our programming!

So hopefully this will put an end to any questions, well at least in the Columbus aera. 

I thought I would let everyone here know that I contacted Metv and this is the response I got. 

Hi Ernest,

MeTV forwarded your email to me to reply. Here in the Columbus, Ohio market, AT&T has told us that they don’t have an available channel to add our 4.2 MeTV programming to their line-up. Of course NBC4 would LOVE to have MeTV on the AT&T line-up, but we can’t force it. It is available to them at any time.

So hopefully this will put an end to any questions, well at least in the Columbus aera. 

MeTV in the Columbus Ohio aera

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 7:10:39 AM
(0)
Employee

AT&T  understands your desire for additional programming and hope to fulfill this need for you. Please take a moment and take the channel survey (link below.)

http://uversechannels.att.com/

AT&T  understands your desire for additional programming and hope to fulfill this need for you. Please take a moment and take the channel survey (link below.)

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: MeTV in the Columbus Ohio aera

2 of 6 (430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 7:22:14 AM
(0)
Mentor

raufshake wrote:

I know about that survey. I have done it before. I don't think the survery will make any difference.

raufshake wrote:

I know about that survey. I have done it before. I don't think the survery will make any difference.

3 of 6 (424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 7:56:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ErnestK wrote:

Hi Ernest,

As long as ME-TV is carried as a sub-channel in your market (4.2), it's not going to happen.

Here in the Dallas market, ME-TV is carried by an independent station (KTXD channel 47) and it is broadcast on Uverse.

ErnestK wrote:

Hi Ernest,

As long as ME-TV is carried as a sub-channel in your market (4.2), it's not going to happen.

Here in the Dallas market, ME-TV is carried by an independent station (KTXD channel 47) and it is broadcast on Uverse.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 7:57:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It is AT&T's policy not to carry local subchannels.  Some national "networks" that are in some markets as subchannels are being carried by AT&T as national channels.  Some have posted that MeTV was going to be such a channel, but I've seen no evidence of that.

It is AT&T's policy not to carry local subchannels.  Some national "networks" that are in some markets as subchannels are being carried by AT&T as national channels.  Some have posted that MeTV was going to be such a channel, but I've seen no evidence of that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 8:02:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jan 13, 2014 at 8:05:23 AM

ErnestK wrote:

raufshake wrote:

Smiley Very Happy  That is my opinion, too.

In regards to your first post, that is the same kind of response that I got when I talked to a station GM about U-Verse carrying subchannels (such as your local 4.2).  Of course you did not hear directly from AT&T but AT&T's response to your local station, sounds laughable:

If they don't have any room, how could they add Bein Sports on 663/664 and other new channels?  Smiley Mad My local GM said he offered AT&T the DTV subchannel feeds for free and was basically told to get lost.  So, if AT&T doesn't want to add them, the survey won't do much good.

At one time, AT&T was attempting a rollout of MeTV on a National basis (on channel 136) but AFAIK, that has stalled.

ErnestK wrote:

raufshake wrote:

Smiley Very Happy  That is my opinion, too.

In regards to your first post, that is the same kind of response that I got when I talked to a station GM about U-Verse carrying subchannels (such as your local 4.2).  Of course you did not hear directly from AT&T but AT&T's response to your local station, sounds laughable:

If they don't have any room, how could they add Bein Sports on 663/664 and other new channels?  Smiley Mad My local GM said he offered AT&T the DTV subchannel feeds for free and was basically told to get lost.  So, if AT&T doesn't want to add them, the survey won't do much good.

At one time, AT&T was attempting a rollout of MeTV on a National basis (on channel 136) but AFAIK, that has stalled.

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (398 Views)