View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2012 3:06:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If those are both broadcast on subchannels in your area, U-verse does not carry any subchannels.  You can get both channels by using an OTA antenna.

If those are both broadcast on subchannels in your area, U-verse does not carry any subchannels.  You can get both channels by using an OTA antenna.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: MeTV and Antenna TV

2 of 22 (3,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2013 10:21:23 AM
(0)
Tutor

I plan on bugging you guys until you address the need for MeTV to be provided to Indianapolis area U Verse.

The U Verse guide that we received in the mail JUST LAST WEEK states that MeTV is part of the U200 channel lineup and can be accessed via channel 136. MeTV is NOT on channel 136!!!  False advertising???  When we changed to U Verse from Comcast, I questioned the salesman about MeTV AND Antenna TV.  At that time I was told ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS REQUEST THEIR ADDITION TO THE LINEUP.  HA! HA! I have yet to see the addition of EITHER CHANNEL!  Personally, I DON'T CARE that MeTV or Antenna TV might be "subchannels" or whatever.  In this age of technologic marvels, I would certainly think that AT&T could work around or with the "subchanne" issue and provide channels requested by the customer.

Had I known one year ago that MeTV (especially) would still not be provided by U Verse, I would have remained a customer of your competitor (namely, Comcast).  It might have been more expensive, but at least I got what I paid for.

I plan on bugging you guys until you address the need for MeTV to be provided to Indianapolis area U Verse.

The U Verse guide that we received in the mail JUST LAST WEEK states that MeTV is part of the U200 channel lineup and can be accessed via channel 136. MeTV is NOT on channel 136!!!  False advertising???  When we changed to U Verse from Comcast, I questioned the salesman about MeTV AND Antenna TV.  At that time I was told ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS REQUEST THEIR ADDITION TO THE LINEUP.  HA! HA! I have yet to see the addition of EITHER CHANNEL!  Personally, I DON'T CARE that MeTV or Antenna TV might be "subchannels" or whatever.  In this age of technologic marvels, I would certainly think that AT&T could work around or with the "subchanne" issue and provide channels requested by the customer.

Had I known one year ago that MeTV (especially) would still not be provided by U Verse, I would have remained a customer of your competitor (namely, Comcast).  It might have been more expensive, but at least I got what I paid for.

3 of 22 (2,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2013 10:25:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Mar 24, 2013 at 10:28:29 AM

I believe your request was addressed in this recent thread.

(Cross posting won't make it happen any faster)

In the meantime, you could possibly pick up the channel in your area OTA  using a regular antenna. 

I believe your request was addressed in this recent thread.

(Cross posting won't make it happen any faster)

In the meantime, you could possibly pick up the channel in your area OTA  using a regular antenna. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 22 (2,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2013 11:40:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

jewel53 wrote:

Us guys are subscribers to U-Verse just like you, so bugging us until we address the need for MeTV for the Indianapolis area will not do you any good.

Read the other thread concerning MeTV. Texasguy37 stated, "U-verse is in the process of adding it to all markets.  All markets do not have it YET."

Be patient; it will be coming to Indianapolis eventually. Nothing you post on this forum will speed it up.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

jewel53 wrote:

Us guys are subscribers to U-Verse just like you, so bugging us until we address the need for MeTV for the Indianapolis area will not do you any good.

Read the other thread concerning MeTV. Texasguy37 stated, "U-verse is in the process of adding it to all markets.  All markets do not have it YET."

Be patient; it will be coming to Indianapolis eventually. Nothing you post on this forum will speed it up.

5 of 22 (2,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2013 11:56:52 AM
(0)
Explorer

jewel53 wrote:

I too have been totally put off by U-verse and their refusal to carry sub-channels. COMCAST carries all the sub-channels in the Chicago market including the ones you mentioned. I'm swithching back as soon as possible.

jewel53 wrote:

I too have been totally put off by U-verse and their refusal to carry sub-channels. COMCAST carries all the sub-channels in the Chicago market including the ones you mentioned. I'm swithching back as soon as possible.

6 of 22 (2,522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2013 12:40:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jewel53 wrote:

Posting in this forum mutliple times isn't going to do any good.  So while you may feel better complaining every couple of days, noone on this forum can get the channels you want any faster. Would it be nice if AT&T carried all channels but no providers carry ALL channels.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

jewel53 wrote:

Posting in this forum mutliple times isn't going to do any good.  So while you may feel better complaining every couple of days, noone on this forum can get the channels you want any faster. Would it be nice if AT&T carried all channels but no providers carry ALL channels.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

7 of 22 (2,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2013 1:32:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

guest wrote:

jewel53 wrote:

You joined this forum on November 26, 2003, and just now you express your unhappiness about U-Verse not carrying sub-channels?

http://forums.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/49573

Taking almost ten years to switch back to Comcast is not switching back as soon as possible. In addition, you have a Comcast email address, so it sounds like you are already a Comcast subscriber.

guest wrote:

jewel53 wrote:

You joined this forum on November 26, 2003, and just now you express your unhappiness about U-Verse not carrying sub-channels?

http://forums.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/49573

Taking almost ten years to switch back to Comcast is not switching back as soon as possible. In addition, you have a Comcast email address, so it sounds like you are already a Comcast subscriber.

8 of 22 (2,503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2013 6:11:54 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by gregzoll_1 on Mar 26, 2013 at 6:18:07 PM

Jewel53, or whoever you were last month, and the month before that, can keep bugging us all you want. Just do like I did, and invest in a antenna for Over The Air, so you can pick up the sub-channels.  This is what our setup looks like, that is in our attic.

Picks up all locals in the Springfield, IL area.  Invested around I would guess $200 on all of the materials (two antennas, pre-amp, mount, foot half jumpers, UHF/VHF-Splitter/Combiner.  Still have one more piece to add, that is a signal meter to help tweak it a little better for a couple of stations that are in the mid 80's.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Jewel53, or whoever you were last month, and the month before that, can keep bugging us all you want. Just do like I did, and invest in a antenna for Over The Air, so you can pick up the sub-channels.  This is what our setup looks like, that is in our attic.

Picks up all locals in the Springfield, IL area.  Invested around I would guess $200 on all of the materials (two antennas, pre-amp, mount, foot half jumpers, UHF/VHF-Splitter/Combiner.  Still have one more piece to add, that is a signal meter to help tweak it a little better for a couple of stations that are in the mid 80's.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

[ Edited ]
9 of 22 (2,374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2013 2:27:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

gregzoll_1 wrote:

Cool!  It's a shame that you can't interface that with the UV DVR, for recording the subchannels.

gregzoll_1 wrote:

Cool!  It's a shame that you can't interface that with the UV DVR, for recording the subchannels.

10 of 22 (2,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2013 3:31:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Boxee is coming up with a way of having an unlimited DVR in some areas.  I might look into it and get and pair it with the Leaf Antenna

There are times when I want to record 3 or 4 shows at a time, but that leaves only 1 or 2 streams available and my wife and son have different viewing habits than I do.

Boxee is coming up with a way of having an unlimited DVR in some areas.  I might look into it and get and pair it with the Leaf Antenna

There are times when I want to record 3 or 4 shows at a time, but that leaves only 1 or 2 streams available and my wife and son have different viewing habits than I do.

11 of 22 (2,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2013 8:15:32 PM
(0)
Professor

dhascall wrote:

Or get one of these http://www.channelmasterstore.com/HD_DVR_with_no_subscription_p/cm7400.htm if it was in stock, for recording, or a HTPC instead.

dhascall wrote:

Or get one of these http://www.channelmasterstore.com/HD_DVR_with_no_subscription_p/cm7400.htm if it was in stock, for recording, or a HTPC instead.

12 of 22 (2,251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2013 8:19:14 PM
(0)
Professor
I did grab one of these http://www.winegard.com/sensar/sensar-pro.php and used it to better tweak the UHF to pick up the tower for 17.1, 2 & 23.1 & 2 out of the Decatur Illinois area. Really helps when up in the attic adjusting the antenna, vs. having someone down below yelling the numbers off of the signal meter on the tv.

I did grab one of these http://www.winegard.com/sensar/sensar-pro.php and used it to better tweak the UHF to pick up the tower for 17.1, 2 & 23.1 & 2 out of the Decatur Illinois area. Really helps when up in the attic adjusting the antenna, vs. having someone down below yelling the numbers off of the signal meter on the tv.

13 of 22 (2,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2013 6:59:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

gregzoll_1 wrote:

dhascall wrote:

Sweet!  Cord cutters would love that!

gregzoll_1 wrote:

dhascall wrote:

Sweet!  Cord cutters would love that!

14 of 22 (2,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2013 8:26:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The hard drive on that is pretty small though and only holds 35 hrs of HD programming.  The Boxee is unlimited storage, granted there is a subscription required, but it will allow you to access anywhere you have a internet connection, even while traveling in a car.

The hard drive on that is pretty small though and only holds 35 hrs of HD programming.  The Boxee is unlimited storage, granted there is a subscription required, but it will allow you to access anywhere you have a internet connection, even while traveling in a car.

15 of 22 (2,187 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2013 10:13:03 AM
(0)
Professor
I think that for most that were getting the channel master, would be recording then either moving to another format to keep, or delete after watching.

Just like the Boxee, a htpc would also have unlimited storage space. I know that there are a few out there that have hit the Petabyte mark.

Just like the Boxee, a htpc would also have unlimited storage space. I know that there are a few out there that have hit the Petabyte mark.

16 of 22 (2,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 3:09:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

When will U-verse add Antenna TV, ME TV, and Movies TV Network.  I can get all of them with a digital antenna, but what's the use of having U-Verse if they won't add these channels.  I know for sure that Me TV is channel 136 in Houston, but in Memphis we can't get it.  :-(

When will U-verse add Antenna TV, ME TV, and Movies TV Network.  I can get all of them with a digital antenna, but what's the use of having U-Verse if they won't add these channels.  I know for sure that Me TV is channel 136 in Houston, but in Memphis we can't get it.  :-(

17 of 22 (1,479 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 11:02:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

we have me tv on channel 136 here in the baton rouge dma

we have me tv on channel 136 here in the baton rouge dma

18 of 22 (1,425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 11:03:26 AM
(0)
Scholar
I watch it quite often..with the Hogan heroes and f troop along with gilligan
I watch it quite often..with the Hogan heroes and f troop along with gilligan

19 of 22 (1,424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 11:13:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

Still not avaiable here in Georgia Smiley Sad

Still not avaiable here in Georgia Smiley Sad

20 of 22 (1,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 2:00:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

FWIW, I signed up for U-Verse and had an install appointment tomorrow afternoon. Once I looked at the channel options and determined there was no MeTV, I cancelled. 

I'm sticking with Time Warner until AT&T gets me ALL the local channels.

FWIW, I signed up for U-Verse and had an install appointment tomorrow afternoon. Once I looked at the channel options and determined there was no MeTV, I cancelled. 

21 of 22 (1,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 2:11:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

EnzyteBob wrote:

EnzyteBob, I applaud you for checking the channels your prospective TV provider had before you made the leap.  Better than being disappointed and angry after the installation because you hadn't done your homework.

Maybe I don't miss MeTV because I've never had it, but I've not seen anything to make me, personally, have to have it.

EnzyteBob wrote:

EnzyteBob, I applaud you for checking the channels your prospective TV provider had before you made the leap.  Better than being disappointed and angry after the installation because you hadn't done your homework.

Maybe I don't miss MeTV because I've never had it, but I've not seen anything to make me, personally, have to have it.

22 of 22 (1,358 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments