Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 16, 2014
5:37:41 PM
View profile
McAfee Scan

When a full scan is run, McAfee won't complete the scan and shuts down pc. Quick scan runs, but and doesn't pick up anything. ANy body know what's happening?

When a full scan is run, McAfee won't complete the scan and shuts down pc. Quick scan runs, but and doesn't pick up anything. ANy body know what's happening?

McAfee Scan

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 6:26:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ditch McAfee. 

Download Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE).

Ditch McAfee. 

Download Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: McAfee Scan

2 of 4 (488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 7:19:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have a similar problem... Mcafee stops at 98% on the quickscan and at 99% on the full scan.  It always gets hung up on "Rootkit".   There are several other files that were checked also called rootkit but it went past those.  Is the current advice to remove McAfee and install Microsoft Defender? 

I have a similar problem... Mcafee stops at 98% on the quickscan and at 99% on the full scan.  It always gets hung up on "Rootkit".   There are several other files that were checked also called rootkit but it went past those.  Is the current advice to remove McAfee and install Microsoft Defender? 

3 of 4 (397 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 10:37:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

As a technical support agent for a major software company, run, don't walk away from McAfee.  There are plenty of free alternatives that are available that are all better than McAfee.  Microsoft Securtity Essentials, AVG Free, Avast Free to name a few.  I've been using MSE since 2007 and have never had a virus or any issues with resources.  I have also paid for Malwarebytes (free works, but no real time protection) since I've used it on so many of our customers computers to clean them and between the two, 100% worry free.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

As a technical support agent for a major software company, run, don't walk away from McAfee.  There are plenty of free alternatives that are available that are all better than McAfee.  Microsoft Securtity Essentials, AVG Free, Avast Free to name a few.  I've been using MSE since 2007 and have never had a virus or any issues with resources.  I have also paid for Malwarebytes (free works, but no real time protection) since I've used it on so many of our customers computers to clean them and between the two, 100% worry free.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (379 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments