McAfee Scan

Participant

McAfee Scan

When a full scan is run, McAfee won't complete the scan and shuts down pc. Quick scan runs, but and doesn't pick up anything. ANy body know what's happening?

Message 1 of 4 (560 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: McAfee Scan

Ditch McAfee. 

Download Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (552 Views)
Contributor

I have a similar problem... Mcafee stops at 98% on the quickscan and at 99% on the full scan.  It always gets hung up on "Rootkit".   There are several other files that were checked also called rootkit but it went past those.  Is the current advice to remove McAfee and install Microsoft Defender? 

Message 3 of 4 (461 Views)

As a technical support agent for a major software company, run, don't walk away from McAfee.  There are plenty of free alternatives that are available that are all better than McAfee.  Microsoft Securtity Essentials, AVG Free, Avast Free to name a few.  I've been using MSE since 2007 and have never had a virus or any issues with resources.  I have also paid for Malwarebytes (free works, but no real time protection) since I've used it on so many of our customers computers to clean them and between the two, 100% worry free.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 4 (443 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.