Max speed downgraded

Contributor

Max speed downgraded

I signed up for Uverse several months ago for what I believe was the 6mbps package.  I actually got 4-5mbps on downloads/speedtests and I was very happy with that.  

About three weeks ago I noticed my speed was maxing at 1.5 so I powered off/on the modem but it failed to reconnect on start.  So I called support and after mindless testing they advised me I need a new modem.   After a few hours though, the modem started back on its own and I tested it and was receiving 4-5 mbps again.  A week later however and its back to 1.5 so I called again.  This time I am notified the MAX speed in my area is only 1.5 and no one there can explain to me why I signed up and was getting a 6 mbps speed but now can only get 1.5.

Has anyone had any experience like this and advice on what to do?  I feel like I was baited into an option better than the DSL I had only to be dropped to something not even as good.  I'm very frustrated and tempted to call up the local cable provider and dump ATT.

Message 1 of 4 (351 Views)
Employee

Re: Max speed downgraded

Which RG? The 510 based on dropped to 1.5M profile statement.
The 510 is an ADSL2+ RG, max obtainable is based on distance and line quality.

It is possible that after service was established, testing showed could not support higher profile reliable and your profile was lowered. Recommend re contacting and ask for service tech to verify loop length, and line conditions, if true then can make an informed decision, possibility an issue is exist that when resolved can raise your profile back.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (347 Views)
Contributor

Yes, NVG510.  What you say makes sense and I hate to hear it..but what makes me mad is waiting for something for so long, only to get it, then it's not even as good as what you had before.

I'll take your advice and call them back.  Thanks for the input.

Message 3 of 4 (343 Views)
Employee

Hello Plainsman9212,

I understand the frustration this caused and I'm sorry you are not getting the Internet speeds you were expecting. I can verify why your speed was changed from 6 Mbps to 1.5 Mbps and upgrade you if possible. I sent you a private message to discuss your account and assist you.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (294 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.